PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP QUICK! Rings and Piston ?

skatrdude20
05-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Alright, I got a new ring for my piston on my 125. The Piston is FINE but the ring was pretty bad. I need to know how to get the new ring and the piston back up into the sleeve without using a ring compressor, because I dont have one to use till next week. Is there any way? ANY info would be greatly appreciated!

NorCalRacer
05-12-2006, 03:48 PM
I have heard you can use stovepipe or any pliable metal rolled about the right size and some hoseclamps. Either roll the metal or cut a rolled piece in half and put it around the piston and rings then put the hoseclamps around it. Use the hoseclamps to compress the rings and tap the piston out of the rolled metal into the cylinder. I imagine it could work with some patience, but I have never tried it.

Good luck

exrider008
05-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
I have heard you can use stovepipe or any pliable metal rolled about the right size and some hoseclamps. Either roll the metal or cut a rolled piece in half and put it around the piston and rings then put the hoseclamps around it. Use the hoseclamps to compress the rings and tap the piston out of the rolled metal into the cylinder. I imagine it could work with some patience, but I have never tried it.

Good luck

yup that works^^^^;)

DieselBoy
05-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by skatrdude20
Alright, I got a new ring for my piston on my 125. The Piston is FINE but the ring was pretty bad. I need to know how to get the new ring and the piston back up into the sleeve without using a ring compressor, because I dont have one to use till next week. Is there any way? ANY info would be greatly appreciated!

Eh... put the piston in the cylinder prior to putting it on the rod, it works better...Just feed the ring's into the bore just enough, then bring it to the rod, slide the wristpin through (put one circlip in first, put the other clip in, slide it down.....:D

the bottom of the sleeve should be slightly tapered so you can get them in ok.