PDA

View Full Version : The Great State of Missouri

Atkins
05-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Could you guys fill me in with the general feel of the state? Im going away to basic training there July 7th, and I have no idea what the state will be like.

whats the terrain/scenery like?

how thick are the accents?

and anything else noteworthy you can think of.

Thanks alot guys.

Loser450
05-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
Could you guys fill me in with the general feel of the state? Im going away to basic training there July 7th, and I have no idea what the state will be like.

whats the terrain/scenery like?

how thick are the accents?

and anything else noteworthy you can think of.

Thanks alot guys.

Which part?

05-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Scenery: Beutifull rocky/ hilly terrain with scattered beatdown trailers with 3 foot tall piles of Stag beer cans in the front yard.

Accent: "Boy, you sure got a pretty mouth on ya"

Other noteworthy: Travel outside St. Louis and KC at your own risk as rural locals shoot at anything that moves for fun and then tell the kids to "cook up dinner".

Most kids outside the city are home schooled-AKA "mushroom huntin"

Atkins
05-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Hahahhahaha, was that a joke post or are you serious? That is nuts, I cant wait. Glad my MOSschool is in Missouri then and not in that sh*thole.:p

300EXrider356
05-12-2006, 08:43 PM
No hes not serious, the bottom 3/4 of the state is like trees and forest. and the top half is everything mixed into one, minus mountains and desert. As for the people...:ermm: :chinese:
ill just stay on my side of the state line, kansas!

YFZ450Ridr
05-12-2006, 11:19 PM
most of the people outside of the bigger cities and countys are a little....odd. thier are ALOT of weird red necks. lots of good riding out here though, tons of mark twain national forest. thiers also alot of bosnian people here, tons in st louis. what part are you stationed in?

PolarisRider06
05-12-2006, 11:42 PM
hmmm... maybe i should have cracked a joke about the missouri people in the end of the world thread... you all seem to take it well... i make a smart *** comment about canada and i have the people from the east coast of the us flipping out on me.... lol...

but yeah missouri is a pretty nice place... its been quite a while since i've been down there but from what i can remember its not bad at all. personally i think that if you are in the midwest youre in pretty good country...

honduh440
05-13-2006, 01:05 AM
who's with me?

MUCK FIZZOU!

TRX_450
05-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
who's with me?

MUCK FIZZOU!

damn straight....kansas is sooooooo much better :blah: