PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions.

kyleschonert
05-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Ok, I stripped the bottom left bolt (when sitting on quad) where my bumper mounts. It is in there pretty good, how can i fix this without buying a tap-it kit or whatever? On my PEP rear shock, i thought the busing was going bad, so we called baldwin, and they gave us a part with the description "side spacer". The old "side spacers" were indeed broken, so i thought this would fix the problem. No, that is not the problem. When you put those spacers in there, and not in the swingarm, it looks like it is going to be fine, there isnt any free play at all. But once you put it in the swingarm and the bolt threw it, it loses its connection (not sure on proper terminology) but it has the same loose play as before. Is there anything i can do without sending my shock somewhere? I dont feel like waiting, I really need to race again. I also looked inside of the bottom shock eye, and there is a spherical looking bearing. (picture a sphere with the sides cut off so a bolt can go through), and it has some free play to it. I assume it is their to allow the spacer to go through, but I do not know. What do you people suggest I do, I will try and get pictures up as soon as I can, but until then, please help me out. Thanks.

kyleschonert
05-12-2006, 03:55 PM
bump

kyleschonert
05-13-2006, 05:36 PM
BUMP!

yamablaster24
05-13-2006, 07:39 PM
for the bumper, cut the head off, drill it out and On my 400ex i ran a stud through the frame with nuts on each end You can use a slightly smaller thread stud or drill it out. For the shock i wish i had it in front of me or a picture i do not know how a pep shock on a 300ex is setup.