PDA

View Full Version : 450r vs banshee, vs ds650

john.E.business
05-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Well im going to the dunes next weekend here in alberta so there not like st anthonys or glamis or anything but i was wondering how my 05 450r with fullsystem k&n and dynojet should compare to my buddies shee with fullsystem and k&n? as well as my cousins ds650 with fullsytem and a ignition?

05-11-2006, 09:20 PM
:ermm: it will keep up, the DS650 is the fastest of the 3 and u and the banshee should be fair game, 450r's are fun in the dunes, if u have never been with the 450r but I could slept in the dunes when I took a few freinds to Little Sahara with me last summer, we are going this summer as well... The drag races up there get crazy and heated.. I saw 2 fights at the dragstrip in 1 weekend of riding.. OVER DRAGRACING!! hey I aint complanin tho.. :macho If u get some paddles on ur 450r to bring u will be lookin at the DS650 straight by u the whole time as long as they dont have paddles.. but u will have fun in 1st or last place.. I have the 2nd fastest atv of my four freinds I ride with.. one has a KFX460, the other 2 have 500 Predators and I whip predators with no right thumb!! they are terds for a 500cc..

eganracing
05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
when i was riden my uncles ds650 i found it to be real slow at reving up so u might get a jump on the line but the ds has lots of top end power. ive never riden a 05 450 so i cant compare the two. i think the banshee is going to be the fastest and most fun out of the bunch.

john.E.business
05-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Yea problem is they will both have paddle and i will only be running mudlights which are much better then stock i think for hookup?? but when we race flat out for like 500yds i beat the ds 650 im just wondering about the shee? i should be able to take him off the line but i dunno long run with paddles i could be in trouble

danniheyj82888
05-11-2006, 09:41 PM
my friend has a ds650 stpock and i have an 06 450r with hrc and exhaust.. and i smoke him off the line.. top speed is pretty close i think.. my 450r is a little bit faster though. stock vs. stock i think the ds may be a bit faster

450rJam
05-12-2006, 04:35 AM
if your not running paddles and they are then your going to get killed off the line but without the drag of the paddles your top speed great.
I brought my stock tires down to little sahara and ran them for the first ride and wow I couldnt believe how much drag the paddles put on it after your in 3rd and how much faster it reved.
The paddles are much better for trails,wheelies, and launching at
the drag strip.
I think if you race them from a 2nd-3rd gear roll you got them, if
you race them from a dead stop your going to have to run them down.

john.E.business
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Hmm or im just going to have to put some paddles on and beat the pants off em straight up lol

Smidgy
05-13-2006, 11:28 AM
stock for stock, a ds is slower than a 05 450r, but it is faster than a stock 06 450r, it is all in the gearing of the two.

But since your buddy has an ignition, he will have you by a little, i have clocked a ds ws my 450r on radar stock for dtock

ds 117km/h
05 450r 123 km/h

that is a little bit, but u could hear him beating off his rev limiter in fifth, they shut down, with the ignition they open way up.

I roast every banshee i see so i am not to worried about them but they are all relitively stock i think, don't really know to tell u the truth, but i can't see him being that much faster than you with just a exhaust.

tcr450r
05-13-2006, 03:41 PM
I raced a stock DS with my 04 which has all the mods in my sig.

I beat him all the way through the top of third and then he was gone.

This race was on pavement, so dunes may be a different story for better or for worse.

450rJam
05-13-2006, 05:16 PM
rarely have I raced to see who has most top end.
when someone askes which is faster to me its asking which is
quicker to top speed or quicker to 300'
and I have never held it open till it was "beating off the rev limit"
just my 2 cents

Digsy
05-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Sounds like my bike has a pretty similar set-up to yours and I never had any trouble with Banshees in the sand... I do have paddles tho ...

05-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Sounds like my bike has a pretty similar set-up to yours and I never had any trouble with Banshees in the sand... I do have paddles tho ...

I guess that the banshee was stock.. a modded banshee will dominate ANY 4-stroke out there...

450rJam
05-14-2006, 02:59 PM
stock banshee is pretty choked up, my 450R w/hrc walks away pretty hard. but my friend who has ported,piped,reeds etc. gets me by one length in 300'.
if he stumbles or gets a bad start its all mine.

450rJam
05-14-2006, 03:03 PM
banshee's are bad when modded but ANY 4-STROKES ?
there was a hayabusa turbo cart at oklahoma ls that was at least
twice as fast as anything I have ever seen down there
(and im not exagerating)
I would say built banshee will take alot of 4-strokes but no ANY

john.E.business
05-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Yea obviously a built one will dominate most but i have seen some built 4 strokes that are pretty deadly... i was just curious as to how much his pipes will help other then that im positive i should be able to raost him but he will have an advantage if i dont get some paddles...

jimmy123_272
05-18-2006, 08:42 AM
HEY WHERE IN ALBERTA DO YOU GO DUNES
I WAS JUST WONDERING BECAUSE I LIVE IN ALBERTA AND I WOULD LIKE TO GO DUNES SOMETIME

05-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by john.E.business
Hmm or im just going to have to put some paddles on and beat the pants off em straight up lol

:macho

therockstar
05-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I used to have a banshee, and it had pipes, filters and a mild port. But slow compared to some of my buddys shee's... I always ride at little sahara and I raced 450's on my shee.. Up the hill, there is no comparison, the banshee smokes um.. Even built ones I could easily beat. But, racing a 450 on flat, we are dead even.. Its amazing what a sand hill will do to a 4stroker. I did sale my banshee and get a 450r, the handling is 1000x better, and I feel its a lot better all around bike! I would rather be able to dune ride, hit jumps, and ralley whoops and stuff with ease.. the banshee rode like a wooden wagon. I would take a 450r any day of the week, but wouldnt mind a shee on the trailer for hill shootin!

4ABURN
05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
I would have to agree with the rockstar:D

MMcCannon
05-20-2006, 09:26 AM
On the flats, I hang w/ my buddies banshee all day long. Its bored, piped, w/ a filter, reeds, and a boost bottle. Unfortunatley there aren't many dunes around here so I can't help you out there. I have only raced one ds, it was stock and I am for the most part and I ate it up.