PDA

View Full Version : Wierd noise?

RacinMason_690
05-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Alright guys here is my problem, i was riding my 450 last weekend and i noticed a wierd noise coming from what sounds like the motor. It sounds normal till i get to about half throttle and then there is a really loud noise that sounds like something is vibrating really bad. Any ideas? Im hoping that its not the crank bearing, so im gonna go over the entire thing tonight and make sure that its not a loose bolt. Any help would be appreciated.

john.E.business
05-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Hmm i have a rattling in my engine as well but it has always done this and doesn't seem to cause any problems i have taken it in and never had any problems with it? mine is an 05 though?

awj8074
05-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I had the crank bearing go in mine and the noise was like a griding and it would kinda hang when you let off the throtle. Do you have a full skid? Mine rattles alittle and it scares me from time to time i think my bearing is going again but its just a lose bolt in the skid

john.E.business
05-11-2006, 08:51 PM
No i don't have skids and there isn't really a grinding just seems to be a rattle when i hammer in the throttle doesn't sound internal though really?

RacinMason_690
05-11-2006, 09:09 PM
yes i have a full skid, i guess i better make sure to check those bolts

bwilson624
05-11-2006, 11:23 PM
I saw something on here that might intrest you. A guy took weather stripping and put along the edges of the skid plate where it goes along the frame and around the brackets. He said it works really great, but still need to check the bolts occasionally.

Coolidge
05-12-2006, 08:31 AM
You might check your chain tension as well. Mine was making a pretty loud noise unless I was under hard acceleration. At least its easy to check. Mine loosened up quite a bit after 3 rides, and after adjustment was noticeably quieter.

awj8074
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by bwilson624
I saw something on here that might intrest you. A guy took weather stripping and put along the edges of the skid plate where it goes along the frame and around the brackets. He said it works really great, but still need to check the bolts occasionally. :D i read that to just havent had the time to try it. I lost a bolt out of my skid and the bracket too. I need a new swingarm skid so i think im just going to order a full kit that includes a swingarm, belly and a-arm skids

angry450r
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I had same prob weired noise thought it was a rod or something just a strange clicking clanking kinda sound couldnt find it sounded up front of engine a loooong hassle later it was the chain it was a lil too loose and needed lubed I had the dealer look at it and he adjusted chain and lubed it I ran it in the parking lot and it was back to new.same old noisy normal 450r. they all are a lil noisy,but check that chain

john.E.business
05-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Will do that sounds like my noise so i will make a point of checking that thnx...

angry450r
05-12-2006, 11:59 AM
hey john I see inyour list of goodies you have dyno jet Im assuming you used one of there jet kits?just curious if you did how it worked out for you. I just got one and gonna be installing it soon

john.E.business
05-12-2006, 12:01 PM
So far seems to be great, my dealership installed it so i don't know how tedious it was but it has worked great so far and i have heard lotsa good things about it..wish i could be of more help

RacinMason_690
05-12-2006, 07:59 PM
its probably the skid plate im thinking, two of the brackets wont go on for it because right where they need to go i put gussets in.
im hoping that is what the problem is. thanks guys

srt450R
05-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Had a vibration noise too. If you have stock exhaust I found one of the heat sheild bolts loose, and it would make one heck of a rackit when at about 1/2 to3/4 throttle. Worth a shot at looking at.

05-16-2006, 10:01 AM
mine started making a clanking noise during a race this past weekend. after examination, i found it was the left rear fender bracket. it had pulled the bolts right out of the aluminum sub-frame. now, i have to check on getting the sub-frame repaired.
this happen to anyone else?

05-16-2006, 12:10 PM
my ac nerfs do it and also the rear brake pedal piece is coming loose so it rattles real bad in RPM's