PDA

View Full Version : Smokers.

Scott-300ex
05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm just curious for all you guys that smoke.

I don't, I never would in my life, why pay to smell bad, kill myself, and look like an idiot?

But why does smoking relieve your stress? Like on TV and people I know say they have to smoke cuz they are so stressed out. Cuz school and girls. School isn't hard, wusses, and you can dump girls.

Anyway, I do not get it.

I'd rather start up my 250r and smell the exhast comin out of that.

400exrules
05-11-2006, 05:30 PM
man ive been thinkin about this for the past week or two. my parents have smoked for so long, and its really gettin to me. i hate the smell of smoke, and its a fact that 2nd hand smoke will kill you just as fast, so i get pissed when they light up near me. my dad has had blood clotts in his leg, and when he is on his feet for too long, his leg swells up bad........thats not good incase you didnt know. but im just tryin to build myself up and get ready to sit down and talk to them within the next few days to try and get them to stop. ive tried before and they blow me off or get mad, but i dont care....im gettin them to stop.

and no i will never smoke a cigarette, thanks, but i would rather live. if i had my way they would be illegal

Honda400exrox
05-11-2006, 05:39 PM
I know when I dont get a smoke, I get irratated really easily and when I get the nicotine fix my body is craving, I am releived

I am quitting though

Johnny & Monica
05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
If you dont smoke dont start now , I started when I was 21 an smoke almost 3 packs a day :( I try to quit 2-3 times a year an cant kick it . When I gotta get off my quad an wrestle it around I get so outta breath I almost get sick . If I gotta get off my quad during a race its over for me , It`ll take a half a lap to get my breath back . Yes it sucks an I hate it .....

alberndt
05-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I smoke a pack a day and I honestly hate them and need to quit. I watched my grandmother battle cancer from cigarettes and I still couldn't quit. I ride ten laps and then have a cigarette....does that make sense? I know I'm just the sucker behind the cigarette. Its the worst habit to have.

JR3
05-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
If you dont smoke dont start now , I started when I was 21 an smoke almost 3 packs a day :( I try to quit 2-3 times a year an cant kick it . When I gotta get off my quad an wrestle it around I get so outta breath I almost get sick . If I gotta get off my quad during a race its over for me , It`ll take a half a lap to get my breath back . Yes it sucks an I hate it .....

wow 3 packs a day im suprised you are not dead yet. thats a lot of cash blown on smoking to. but i see how poeple get hooked.

Scott-300ex
05-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeh, I guess they do it cuz the nicotine factor. But I almost know its all in their head that makes them think they need one.

And if you smoke 3 packs a day, thats like $18 around here, just think wut you could spend on your quad with that money.

Thats $6570 a year.:D

Damn.

JOEX
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
:devil:

quads14589
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
mmmmm that looks good.

procircuit406ex
05-11-2006, 06:08 PM
best looking cig i have ever seen:D

JOEX
05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
23# worth:cool:

redracing88
05-11-2006, 06:16 PM
wanna wrap some up and send to me?!?!?

quads14589
05-11-2006, 06:16 PM
what kinda meat is that?

rmz250
05-11-2006, 06:17 PM
My Mom finally quit as a birthday present. Its pretty amazing the way she did it. It just stopped, I know she hasn't had one either. Sometimes she'll chew on cinnamon sticks. On the other hand my aunt had a stroke and I saw her have a cigarette, I couldn't believe it. I Can't stand the smell of smoke.

wckedclownz69
05-11-2006, 06:19 PM
my dad has had 2 tubes up his leg to suck out black **** behind his heart... he still smokes soo much

miller821
05-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
I'd rather start up my 250r and smell the exhast comin out of that.
Ya dude same here... I went riding with this guy who had a banshee, and he had goggles and I didn't.. Well he told me to lead so I could see better, but I told him to lead.. And he asked me why and I was like cause I like the smell of two strokes.

05-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
what kinda meat is that? looks like salmon

quads14589
05-11-2006, 06:22 PM
ya

JOEX
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
what kinda meat is that?
Salmon:)

As for tobacco, I belive it's the only legal product that when used as intended will harm you:ermm: It's has no useful benefit unless you're already addicted to it.

quads14589
05-11-2006, 06:25 PM
ya it sux my dad chews tabbaco nasty sh**.

WhiteYFZ
05-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by JRP
well i can honestley say that i have had a puff or 2 of ONE cigarette. And it was teriible. i dont know how my mom smokes. She has been smokin since she was 14 and she is now 45 or 46.

EXACT SAME HERE.. but i dont think she started at 14.:mad:

Pappy
05-11-2006, 06:30 PM
I tried the patch....but it wouldnt stay lit:ermm:

Seriously, if you are not hooked, never ever start. I told myself for years I could quit and I cant. Its a nasty habot, an evil addiction that will kill you. Just avoid them.

WhiteYFZ
05-11-2006, 06:30 PM
both my dads parents smoked, and died from it.. my dad does NOT smoke.. and my mom smokes.. and her mom (my grandma) doesent even know... and my mom is like 44-45... i think im kind of used to it now cuz im around it 24/ 7 .. i really want to get her to quit but she wont even try..:( :mad:

400exrules
05-11-2006, 06:39 PM
my dad is 50 and my mom is 43, they've been smokin for as long as i can remember...im tryin to get them to quit, is it too late or a lost cause now? i just dont know what i would do if one of them got down with lung cancer or somethin, then i would feel like it was my fault for not makin them stop

Mxjunkie
05-11-2006, 07:44 PM
All my friends smoke, my mom smokes and my step mom smokes..

But what pisses me off, atleast my mom of all people went outside to smoke, my step mom smokes inside the house and I cannot stand ciggerate smoke.

chunky
05-11-2006, 07:45 PM
when i was like 6 i used to run around the house finding my parents cigarettes and crusin up the boxes and takin out the tobacco or just hiding them. They both quit cold turkey because they got sick of buying cigarettes if they couldnt even smoke them.

miller821
05-11-2006, 07:46 PM
My grandpa died of lung cancer after smoking for years...:ermm: Sucks, but I know i'll never touch the stuff.

trx400exxracer
05-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
my dad is 50 and my mom is 43, they've been smokin for as long as i can remember...im tryin to get them to quit, is it too late or a lost cause now? i just dont know what i would do if one of them got down with lung cancer or somethin, then i would feel like it was my fault for not makin them stop

it is never too late

nosliw
05-11-2006, 07:51 PM
if cigs are legal i STILL don't know why pot isn't.........

anyways, most of my friends smoke (cigs), my dad smokes, sister smokes, and aunts/uncles smoke.

i however have never even put a cigarette up to my mouth. it's gross.

i have enough 2nd hand to go around though.

JOEX
05-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
if cigs are legal i STILL don't know why pot isn't.........
There's a huge difference between 'pot' and tobacco. But that wont be talked about on this forum;)

2004-400ex
05-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Actually there is a positive side of cigs. I work at a nursery and when we get plants with mites on them we use cigs to kill the mites.

You fill a spray bottle with water put an already smoked cig filter in the water and shake it around a lot. Then spray on plant, it kills the mites and does not hurt the plant. so what does that tell you? Cigs suck and kill ****.

JOEX
05-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by 2004-400ex
Actually there is a positive side of cigs. I work at a nursery and when we get plants with mites on them we use cigs to kill the mites.

You fill a spray bottle with water put an already smoked cig filter in the water and shake it around a lot. Then spray on plant, it kills the mites and does not hurt the plant. so what does that tell you? Cigs suck and kill ****.
LOL!:p

World War IV! Tobacco plants are going to take over the world! Tobacco is going to take out all oxygen breathing life. But once all the carbon dioxide expelling life is gone so will the plant life.

Repent! Repent! The end of the world is near!

Oh, my! It's been a long week and it's only half over :ermm: :p

Ralph
05-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Im sorry but im gonna have to use this thread to rant about second hand smoke.

Im not sold on the whole "Second hand smoke advertising Campaign.

They claim its just as bad if not worse for a non smoker because their lungs are not used to it and more sensitive. But every smoker was once a non smoker and went through the same thing in the start.

So im using my judgement to throw that claim out the window. Its not WORSE. Then they also claim its just as bad but when u inhale it all of the toxins are picked up by your mouth, trachea, and lungs. So when u blow the smoke out again its been filtered a little of the bad stuff, so its not as bad.

I dont like people complaining about second hand smoke cause of their health. If u dont like the smell its one thing. But dont say its gonna kill you unless you are a waitress in a smokey bar.

JOEX
05-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

They claim its just as bad if not worse for a non smoker because their lungs are not used to it and more sensitive. But every smoker was once a non smoker and went through the same thing in the start.

So im using my judgement to throw that claim out the window. Its not WORSE. Then they also claim its just as bad but when u inhale it all of the toxins are picked up by your mouth, trachea, and lungs. So when u blow the smoke out again its been filtered a little of the bad stuff, so its not as bad.

I dont like people complaining about second hand smoke cause of their health. If u dont like the smell its one thing. But dont say its gonna kill you unless you are a waitress in a smokey bar.
I agree with you somewhat but many time the non smoker doesn't get the choice to breathe second hand smoke. This is mostly geared to the children of parents who are irresponsible and smoke around their kids.

Then there are the those who 'go outside' to smoke when really they just stand in the doorway and blow the smoke out while the wind blows it back in:ermm:

Also there are many long term, painful and debilitating illnesses related to smoking before it kills you.

blakefoote
05-11-2006, 09:11 PM
my mom did it for years and years. she quit about a year or two ago....but unfortuneatly dad hasnt quit:( i wish he would b/c i know its gonna end up hurting him and maybe killing him...i think it is really really IGNORANT to smoke....:ermm:

400exrules
05-11-2006, 09:34 PM

uhh i cant think of the name but some singer that used to sing in bars died of lung cancer....and she was pretty young too

nosliw
05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
There's a huge difference between 'pot' and tobacco. But that wont be talked about on this forum;)

nvm yea your right..... always trying to find a way to justify...:blah:

:chinese:

do your lungs heal if you stay away from 2nd handsmoke all of a sudden?

NacsMXer
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Not only is there a high risk of developing lung cancer, but quite a few more potentially life-threatening complications.

Tobacco smoking has been pathologically linked with atherosclerosis, emphysema, chronic bronchitis (smoker's hack), venous thromboses (blood clots), bladder cancer, kidney cancer, laryngeal cancer, cervical cancer, vulvular cancer, oral cancer, pharyngeal cancer, ischemic heart disease (heart dies), esophageal cancer, strokes, pneumonias, retarted wound healing, reduced libido, osteoporosis, lip cancer, skin wrinkles, pancreatic cancer, and both acute and chronic gastric ulcers :eek2:

It makes me wonder how smokers think they are somehow an acception to how harmful cigs really are.

Factory 450r
05-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I dunno about everyone else here that smokes, but I smoke in a respectable way if you wanna call it that.

I WILL not smoke around little kids really mainly for the fact that this is how I got started, my parents smoking around me.

I usually only smoke outside, one because it yellows the walls fast and makes the house smell bad kinda, and two, so that nobody has to smell it.

Same for in the car like when my g/f is with me or anybody else that don't smoke, I always roll down my window and keep the cigarette in my left hand so that the 2nd hand smoke don't go towards her/his face and they have to smell it;)

If somebody even has a problem with me smoking around them they could say it in the meanest way and I won't get upset or anything, I'll just put it out.

It's YOUR choice if you want to smoke, so make it so that other people have the choice to not have to smell it:devil:

05-11-2006, 11:14 PM
"i could just smoke till my brain dries up"

honduh440
05-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica

DUDE!!!!! what if you die before your kids are 18???

honduh440
05-11-2006, 11:46 PM

WOW.... ralph i have seen a lot of things you have posted over the years and i know your not an idiot by any means but that post is unreal

ballz2thewall
05-12-2006, 06:08 AM
For me it's almost like a bored thing! For example I went on a week hike on the Appalachin trails, didn't smoke a single cig. I sit at work and the very second I finish doing something bam it's in my mouth! I am going to quit, I just have to keep myself busy and I'll be fine!

NacsMXer
05-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ballz2thewall
For me it's almost like a bored thing! For example I went on a week hike on the Appalachin trails, didn't smoke a single cig. I sit at work and the very second I finish doing something bam it's in my mouth! I am going to quit, I just have to keep myself busy and I'll be fine!

Good attitude. Bad habits are hard to break. What's infinitely easier is not starting such a bad habit in the first place.

red2004 TRX450R
05-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ballz2thewall

I smoke - you get addicted to more things than just the nicotine.
Every time i get in my car i have to light up
Every time i get done eating I have to light up
when im board I light up!
for the past 10 years at work i can have a smoke when ever i want to and because i am board a work a lot i smoke at least every 45 minutes.
I like to drink and when i drink i smoke a lot!

I know its really bad for me but i cant stop and dont really want to!
I realy want to XC race, I tryed it acouple of times but 2 and a half hours of racing makes me want to die!! I did not know how out of shape i was till i got stuck like 1.5 hours into my first race and i was breathing so hard i all most past out trying to get my quad unstuck. i have the skills to be real good but the the endurance.

if you dont smoke, dont start!!!!!!!

Ralph
05-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
WOW.... ralph i have seen a lot of things you have posted over the years and i know your not an idiot by any means but that post is unreal

Lol, i came across wrong. Im not trying to say its not bad, or not anything to worry about.

All i was arguing was the fact that they claim that it is worse for the 2nd hand smokers body. I just dont believe that as i explained. I know its bad. I just cant agree to the conclusion that it is worse. All i was trying to say

And i guess the only offensive thing i said that they shouldnt complain cause of their health cause i dont think its gonna hurt to inhale second hand smoke once a week.

Seems like when people die they smoke a pack a day for 35 years. So i dont think seldom second hand smoke is anything to worry about.

People do much worse things to themselves on a regular basis and they dont even know it such as the very common overuse of antibiotics and other medication.

theTman
05-12-2006, 04:39 PM
smoking is so stupid...dont know why people do it, i wont lie i have taken a few drags, and hated it...i dont want to smoke rat poison and toilet bowl cleaner sh**....its just nasty!!!! how can you smoke that stuff!!!!

Jake250ex
05-12-2006, 04:57 PM
jesus, H! both of my parents smoke like freight trains (in fact everyone besides me in my ENTIRE family does) and it pisses me off so freaking bad. whenever im around it my airway constricts and it is kinda hard to breathe. I also love how even though I dont choose to partake in this dirty money wasting white trash habit, i still have to go everywhere smelling like it and living in a house that the second when you or any of your friends walk in it its the first thing you notice, is how dirty and horrible it smells. it embeds itself in everything. I got on them a couple times and was told basically to STFU and when I get my own house and Im paying the bills then I wont have to be around it anymore :ermm: Altough everytime they drive my car they return it smelling like an ashtray and occasionally they choose to do it in my room. i swear theres no escaping it. i always breathe out my mouth so i dont have to smell it when im around it too.

If there was a chainsmoking competition, Im 100% sure the ranks would be dominated by members of my family. Its what they do and they are damn dedicated. :mad:

Scott-300ex
05-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Jesus H.- From Full Metal Jacket? LoL.

2nd hand is worse becuz it is not filtered, when you have smoke comin straight off the cig is is not filtered so it is worse than goin threw the filter and to your mouth.

I've never had a cig in my mouth, or I don't even think I've ever touched one, I think its so stupid, and an easy way to make fun of people. No offense.