PDA

View Full Version : 250r or banshee?

matthoyda
05-11-2006, 04:46 PM
what would be more fun and fast? i ride in most open woods and jump and love to just play around pushing quads to do new things... and i have this hugh thing with 2 strokes....i love them..which would be better to buy a 250r or a banshee...what are the differnces bewteen the two? besides ones a 250 and ones a 350?

TheFontMaster
05-11-2006, 05:43 PM
The 250r has better geometry and handling, and is alot lighter. And the banshee has more power. You can get a big bore kit for the 250r, and it will make tons of power that can kill alot of banshee's, but banshee's are capeable of alot more power. For what you want I would lean tords a banshee, or a big bore 250r.

hondardr4life
05-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Get yourself a full MX 265R. Sure, you might not NEED all the mx stuff for what you do. But its always nice to have it :devil: .

WareRacing
05-11-2006, 08:40 PM
I own both a 421 cub shee and a 370PV 250r
for wood riding, jumping, MXing, short track flat track or TT. Id pick the 250r.
for drag racing, on running high speeds on wide open trails, the banshee..

tmoney
05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
I have a built 265R and my brother has a Banshee, basically stock except Pro Circuit exhaust. The Banshee is slightly faster in the drag race, but thats what Banshees do. The 250 handles better and is lighter. But I would never trail ride it(mx set up). I love my 250 but you would probably be better off with a banshee, good trail rider and still flys ok.

Eric_Winkworth
05-14-2006, 07:47 AM
You have to realize how and why these quads were made.

The 250R was primarly designed for woods riding, stock it offered a nice roll on power band and great breaking and turning performance. The 250R motors have proven the test of time, with many high mile stock bottom ends still kickin around to this day.

Banshee's were made for one reason, to go crazy fast. Yamaha got the motor out of the RD/RZ 350 croch rocket, geared it down, beefed up the tranny. They last pretty good when taken care of, but for trail riding it isn't the right bike IMO. Although a stock banshee is pretty tame bike with those marshmellow pipes. Gobbs of tourque. there's a reason that rad is mounted in the front plastic, because in tight slow trails they get hot. funny how the honda doesn't do that, oh ya I forgot it isn't a superbike motor.

Thinking about it the only thing the banshee has on the R is power, but of course an extra 100CC makes all the difference. Although like said before with a big bore R jug on there it will eat banshee's alive mostly because of the extra weihgt a banshee carries from being a twin.

it is up to you, read reviews ask everywhere, anyone that knows anything will say a 250R

WareRacing
05-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by tmoney
I have a built 265R and my brother has a Banshee, basically stock except Pro Circuit exhaust. The Banshee is slightly faster in the drag race, but thats what Banshees do. The 250 handles better and is lighter. But I would never trail ride it(mx set up). I love my 250 but you would probably be better off with a banshee, good trail rider and still flys ok.

VERY well said...

b.lee
05-15-2006, 08:59 AM
100cc's dont mean very much, my little 250r beats 450r's all day.

speically if your comparing 2 strokes to 4 strokes.

comaring 2 strokes to 2 strokes 100cc's makes a difference. but not a whole lot... rider makes the difference.