PDA

View Full Version : Petition to have GM keep Manual Transmissions

nosliw
05-11-2006, 03:34 PM
This is an online petition. All of the info is at the following link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/71802/petition.html

Please put the link up on any forum where you think people might want to sign, but post a reply with the forum where you posted, so that there aren't any duplicates.

Thanks,
-Alex

hondardr4life
05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
I didn't bother clicking on it, my dial up is slow as ****. So the point of it is that GM is goign to stop making manual transmissions? What would they do with the corvette??

Butters
05-11-2006, 05:13 PM
i don't see the point. who really wants a manuel when they are pulling a 50 foot trailor? i think that would just be a pain and make it more difficult.

hondardr4life
05-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Actually a stick shift is kind of nice when pulling stuff.

miller821
05-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Butters
i don't see the point. who really wants a manuel when they are pulling a 50 foot trailor? i think that would just be a pain and make it more difficult.
Ya but manuals are better with gas mileage... Not much but it does help a little.. My car is stick shift, and my moms is auto. and I hate driving her car.. I would much rather drive stick anyday of the week, unless it was a long drive.

Mxjunkie
05-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I like sticks more personally. autos are boring :p

TheFontMaster
05-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

I'm with you. I drive my cavalier like its a stick. 1st, 2nd then drive lol. I like to be in control of what my car does.

nosliw
05-11-2006, 07:32 PM
half of us wanting this to change just want to be able to change their own gears, and the other half don't want the option taken from us.

GM looks at stuff like this, and they need to know how we feel.

nosliw
05-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
I didn't bother clicking on it, my dial up is slow as ****. So the point of it is that GM is goign to stop making manual transmissions? What would they do with the corvette??

they are keeping it from their diesel trucks. they are getting rid of them instead of fixing the DMF problem which is BULLCHIT

dial up isnt going to get overloaded on that sight, and we need all the help me can.

thanks

Stevie-D
05-11-2006, 08:39 PM
simple solution!!!!!

DON'T BUY A CHEVY!!!!:devil:

sorry, had to:blah:

05-11-2006, 08:45 PM

NorCalRacer
05-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Hate to say it, let them stop. I always say drive American and I used to proudly sell chevys but GM has done everything possible to turn their product line into complete garbage these past few years and this is just another step in that direction. Ford is looking better every day:D

nosliw
05-11-2006, 09:54 PM
oh, i'm sorry, you must not be very familiar with their diesel engine these past few years.

i don't need bashing bud, i need support.

lets look at this as a truck issue, not a gm one, mmmmkay?

Mxjunkie
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
simple solution!!!!!

DON'T BUY A CHEVY!!!!:devil:

sorry, had to:blah:

Hey didnt you make a thread about your dodge tranny blowing up and you agreed that dodge was junk? :eek2: :scary:

DieselBoy
05-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Butters

This type of situation is where the manual has a distinct advantage. Many folks that tow still prefer a stick to an auto, but their becoming extinct.

NorCalRacer
05-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry, wasn.t intending to bash just making a general comment on GM. I will go to the site and help you with your petition.

You are correct, I am not familiar with their diesels and think it's great if they still make a work truck. Good luck, maybe advance adapters could get you hooked up to another tranny if GM dumps theirs.

05-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey didnt you make a thread about your dodge tranny blowing up and you agreed that dodge was junk? :eek2: :scary:

o yea i remember that!!!!! :p :p :p :rolleyes:

nothing about ford or toyota yet!

05-11-2006, 11:34 PM
please keep this thread to GM.........

Stevie-D
05-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Hey didnt you make a thread about your dodge tranny blowing up and you agreed that dodge was junk?

yes i did. i only said not to buy a chevy. never told anybody to buy a dodge. in fact, im about ready to drive mine off of a cliff. :mad:

sakirocket28
05-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Mopar'd never puill a stunt like that!:D

Atkins
05-12-2006, 01:22 PM
There are plenty of other options out there if GM drops manuals. They're a business so they're doing it for financial reasons of some kinds, maybe they arent selling enough manual trucks these days. That's the consumer's fault, not theirs.