PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizer

10-07-2001, 08:46 PM
I was just wandering if anyone has one of these and if they are worth the money. I have been riding and noticed my bars literally getting jerked outta my hands on some harder hits on rocks and stuff and was wondering if that would fix it.

EX 80
10-07-2001, 08:52 PM
Dude they are worth thier weight in gold. It will decrease arm pump a bit and will keep your wrist from getting jerked around. I have a PEP stabilized and i think its one of the best parts on my quad.

Atomic83
10-07-2001, 11:11 PM
How much does the pep stabilizer cost?

10-08-2001, 08:51 AM
I use the muscle steering dampner and it is awesome,,,and rebuildable,,,I've read that the PEP's will not hold up long and PEP does not support their products very well if at all...Go out to marcums atv webpage and readup on his review of PEP...worth reading..

10-08-2001, 12:30 PM
Here's a pic of it mounted on my bike....

rydes400ex
10-08-2001, 02:36 PM
rico, ive heard of some stabilizers mounting very close to the pipe. i the muscle like this or is it out of the way of everything

trx400ex
10-08-2001, 03:27 PM
dont they make it more dificult to turn, at least in mx

10-09-2001, 06:47 AM
The muscle doesn't mount or cause any problems with being close to the header pipe,,,it's out of the way of everything. And Trx400ex it has 7 adjustments,,,set on the 1st adj. you can't even tell it's on there,,but clicked up to the 7th adj..it's like turning a 4x4 quad. They are worth the money,,help soak up bump steer and take away some arm pump..

Tommy 17
10-09-2001, 02:40 PM
Rico what number do u keep urs on my friend wants to know he just bought one... he has his on 3 and he loves it. we didnt have to much time to piss wit it yet...

10-09-2001, 02:45 PM
I run it on 2 when on a track,,,,,I've put it on 3 and didn't care much for the way the front end wanted to stay put while airborne,,,you know,,,the wheels would stay turned just a little,,,just felt like the front end was sticking crooked in the air,,never had it more than 3,, and probably never will,,,,I've found that 2 is good for dry conditions and 1 when it's muddy..

Blackguywithouta400
10-10-2001, 09:56 AM
I used to ride street bikes so i bougth a Scotts Damper for my F4 so when i got into quads i just got the Bracket, I like them the most because if you have multiple bikes from street bikes to atvs you can use the same damper just by buying a mount for each bike. There are probably the most expensive damper you can buy but well worth the money it has more features than you know what to do with, but the best is that it mounts on the bars out of the way of most every crash, you can take a look at there web site http://www.scottsperformance.com/indexmain.html

TDBRPH
10-10-2001, 10:52 PM
Wow $429 hope it really works. Blackguy does it make a dramatic difference. $429 would go along ways towards a new set of front boingers :) Would love to hear more details can anyone compare it to the WER Dampeners?

Thanks

Triston

10-10-2001, 11:08 PM
I personally do a little weight lifting, and a lot of riding, what is arm pump? Wrist Fatigue?, just kidding, steering stabilizers are for women who want to race!, just kidding.

Blackguywithouta400
10-10-2001, 11:40 PM
Damper works great even for its price. Mine is about 2 years old now and ready for a rebuild. I dont race but ride alot of trails and sand, you really notice the difference in the Dunes where ruts and little bumps that would cause you a lot of adjustment are just not there is so fine tunable that you can set it just perfect for every application. I think it would best be used if you ran alot of open trails like dessert racing or something like that.