PDA

View Full Version : Buying parts and getting them shipped toCanada?

john.E.business
05-11-2006, 02:45 PM
As the title says im looking to start buying some parts off this forum but was wondering what the cost's would be like if i where to get stuff shipped to canada? Things such as a tailight...grab.. bar and possible some rims and or maybe even some tires? any help would be great!?!

danhung11
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I shipped a set of nerfs and bumper in the same box. I think it weighed close to 30lbs. The total was like $35 via UPS ground. The thing is, it has to go through customs so they can assess a value to it that you tell them, which they can turn around and charge the purchaser. THe UPS guy told me that it really depends on who is working and what they feel like as far as the so called "fee". I thought it was shady, but that is for the purchaser to worry about. The guy that I sold them to has not received them yet, in transit. So I was curious to see how much the fee was. You have to have their telephone number. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

john.E.business
05-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Hmmm icic well thnx for the response.. that price seems ntb im just curious as to what the duty would be on those... if you talk to the guy and he tells you i would be greatly appreciative to know what the total cost would be... because if its ntb then i would be saving alot of money by doing this.. as well how long did it take?

danhung11
05-12-2006, 06:07 AM
I just checked ups.com and this is the activity message.

RECEIVER'S CUSTOMS BROKER ASSIGNED. THE SHIPMENT IS NOW RELEASED FOR DELIVERY

So I assume that they called him and told him that it was ready to be picked up or delivered..... It weighed 22.4lbs and I shipped it on 05/09.

I will try to get ahold of him this weekend and ask him. I will keep you posted.

john.E.business
05-12-2006, 11:41 AM
thnx alot boss that would be great cause there's alot of guys on here that part with some pretty nice stuff for a decent dollar!! and my canadian money isn't monopoly money anymore... lol