PDA

View Full Version : OMF beadlocks or HIpers

313racing
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
which do you guys think are better in these OMF beadlocks or HIpers for rear MX rims and one day front rims possibly
what would you rate the rims in the following???

quality:

durability:

pricing:

looks:

the install:

tire removeing/ tire installation:

and what kind of warranty comes with the OMF's if they even have a warranty with those rims.

thanks for any answers at all,
Cody

05-11-2006, 02:59 PM
OMF isnt even on the same level as hiper in any of those catagories, hiper all the way man :macho

JRP
05-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
OMF isnt even on the same level as hiper in any of those catagories, hiper all the way man :macho

oh yea

JR3
05-11-2006, 04:00 PM
I bet if he was sponsored by omf he would have said the opposite but. Hipers are good in my book my friend had a set and they looked good and performed well but there was really no weight diffrence. I run douglas yellow label beadlocks in the rear and douglas yellow labels up front and they are fine. Any aluminum rear beadlock type wheel will be fine but if you want to spend extra get the hipers.

crc440ex
05-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I have both the OMF beadlocks and the Hipers and I like the Hipers better.
I havent weighed the two to know the weight difference so I cant comment there. Although I have to believe that the Hipers are lighter.
I also like that with the Hipers you can replace parts of the wheel that are broken or worn out.

chris450R
05-11-2006, 05:03 PM
yeah i agree that either way you will be happy. but i have some OMF's and couldn't be happier with them. but if i had the chance to get some hipers i would!

Colby@C&DRacing
05-11-2006, 05:07 PM
For the money I would go with the hipers because you can replace parts if need be if you bend an aluminum rim it is going to the scrap pile. JMO If the omf beadlocks were a lot cheaper than the hipers I might think about it.

awj8074
05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Ordered my Hipers last week they should be here tomorrow

eganracing
05-11-2006, 05:41 PM
i run the omf beadlocks and love them. i havent bent them yet and they have been pretty abused. i think the main advantage to the hipers is u can change the tire very easily.

313racing
05-11-2006, 05:50 PM
yeah i hear every one about the hipers but i can get hipers for 350 shipped vs. 275 OMF beadlocks but for the extra money
i think the hipers would be worth it

05-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by JR3
I bet if he was sponsored by omf he would have said the opposite but. Hipers are good in my book my friend had a set and they looked good and performed well but there was really no weight diffrence. I run douglas yellow label beadlocks in the rear and douglas yellow labels up front and they are fine. Any aluminum rear beadlock type wheel will be fine but if you want to spend extra get the hipers.

has nothing to do with it, hiper makes the best wheel, wether they sponsor me or not, i will run them, they are just that good

coryatver
05-12-2006, 10:06 AM
hyper is way better unless you can get a killer deal on the omf. You will have to replace a couple omf wheels before you ever had to do anything for a hyper

hontrx265r
05-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I just thought i'd put a good word out for hiper. I was taking a plastics class in college. I called hiper to ask about the process they used to make there wheels materials etc.. They were EXTREMELY helpful. I would have never expected what I got. They even sent me some first runs from the day through the machine. I got a bunch of parts and info. I thought it was awesome. Needless to say I got a bunch of people who had never heard of carbon wheels to perk up. It really helped me and I think that type of PR is great for the sport. Thanks Hiper!! p.s. I've got there wheels on all fours!! and would run nothing else.

hardkoratvmxr
05-12-2006, 10:10 PM
hiper

1BAD4FIFTY
05-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Hipers all the way!! Definitly worth every penny!