PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Suspension

KRMit
05-11-2006, 12:29 PM
A buddy of mine has a stock '05 450r he's wanting to fix up. He doesn't race but rides every weekend pretty hard. He's a jumping fanatic so he really wants better suspension. He's wanting Fox Evol front shocks and is leaning towards Houser arms. He has a +4 GForce axle and is wanting to change the linkage along with either getting the rear shock revalved or replaced with aftermarket.

So, he's decided on the front shocks but doesn't know where to order them and he doesn't know what to do with the rear. He's also thinking about getting a Houser swingarm.

Any suggestions?

05-11-2006, 12:58 PM
if he's not worried about how long it takes then santo derisi. if he needs them really fast and they are still just as good then go with gtthunder but DO NOT ORDER THEM DIRECT! order the revalve through www.aggressivepowersports.com save big $$$

eganracing
05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
if moneys not an issue i would go with long travel houser arms and a houser swinger. for the rear shock i would get the fox shock matched up with housers long travel linkage. i think that would be a pretty good setup for a jumper.

gbcap
05-11-2006, 06:17 PM
i don't think he is looking for revalves.

elka,axis,evol it is all rider preference. i like elka and axis...

not a fan of houser anymore...been kinda dicked around and parts are always backordered...they won't return calls...

there is alot of good arms out there. gibson, smc, lonestar, leager. look at the specs, widths, max clearence...standard travel...long travel, gull wing design. all what you need/want/desire.

just jumping, if price is a concern i would go with st...if it is valved right you will never notice a difference between that and lt. and you save big bucks.

eganracing
05-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
if he's not worried about how long it takes then santo derisi. if he needs them really fast and they are still just as good then go with gtthunder but DO NOT ORDER THEM DIRECT! order the revalve through www.aggressivepowersports.com save big $$$

i was looking at there page and it only says they sell the linkage. maybe im looking in the wrong area.