PDA

View Full Version : C&D revalve on arvins?

Jake250ex
05-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Do you guys know if C&D can do their revalve n ZPS service to arvins found on a stock cannibal? What about adding rezzies to them? Thanks!

Pappy
05-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Try posting this in C&D's section, Colby will tell you himself:D

cdrookie
05-11-2006, 12:48 PM
lol! arvins are non rebuildable. why would you want to do anything to the greatest shocks ever made(the grey spring version)? i wish polaris would've put arvins on the outlaw, maybe i would've kept it!:devil:

cdrookie
05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
BTW, the stock speed and earlier canninbals had ohlins without ressies that can be revalved, resprung, and have ressies attached.

Jake250ex
05-11-2006, 12:52 PM
could i get a set of front ohlins from a speed, blaze or dale and have them set up for me?

and is the stock rear shock rebuildable?

jesshamner
05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Yes, the ohlins front and back are rebuildable and can have zps added. The fox rear shock is rebuildable too if you have that.

Im with cdrookie on the arvins. Why change such a great shock? LOL.

Jake250ex
05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
am I out of the loop on something? do the arvins suck? So i can use speed front ohlins then?

jesshamner
05-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Yes it sounds like you're out of the loop. Arvins aren't really that great. cdrookie and I have always joked about them. Yes any of the shocks will fit except the moto ohlins. So you have a choice between speed/cannibal, blaze, and glamis. I run the glamis ohlins. They are perfect for me in the woods. On the mx track??....not so much. They bottom easier because they were set up for dunes riding. If you could get those Blaze shocks from hnnblecnnble or whatever his name is (Kyle), you would be in pretty good shape.

Jake250ex
05-11-2006, 02:40 PM
alright, thanks, but does anyone know if C&D can do their zps and revalve service to the ohlins?

jesshamner
05-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty sure they can but if they can't, you might want to look at propilot or MX-Tech. I have heard good things about both.

happyboy
05-15-2006, 06:34 PM
get rid of the arvins.

rookie, did you have an outlaw? How was it?

jesshamner
05-15-2006, 09:29 PM
He loves it as much as he loved his arvins.:D Its for sale now.

cdrookie
05-16-2006, 01:46 AM
the recent dirt wheels shoot out between the 700 raptor and outlaw pretty much hit the nail on the head with regards to the polaris. i ebayed it and it's gone.

keep the arvins, you'll never find a better shock for the money.

mbiigambler
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
the recent dirt wheels shoot out between the 700 raptor and outlaw pretty much hit the nail on the head with regards to the polaris. i ebayed it and it's gone.

Don't get dirtwheels, obvisiously you didn't like it, but what was so bad about it?

cdrookie
05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
it fely unstable in off camber situations, steering wasn't real precise, it's heavy and feels heavy while riding, and right off the showroom floor, i couldn't tell it had IRS. stiff. after adjusting the preload and compression it handled a little better(got the center of gravity down) and rode smoother but was horrible in trail sized whoops. not to mention all the different types of fasteners polaris uses. i've always heard about that but after owning one i can honestly say what a pain in the arse.

it's not a bad trail machine but i can be more competitive on a solid axled quad. it never seemed to react the same way twice. ground clearance was a huge plus though.

don't normally put much faith in the dirtwheels shootouts but the outlaw vs raptor sounded about right.