PDA

View Full Version : Cherry bomb

Fast@$$Rider
05-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Would there be any problem installing the cherrybomb before the bike is broken in. I just got mine yesterday only about 2 hours on it.

benbuilt4u
05-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Fast@$$Rider
Would there be any problem installing the cherrybomb before the bike is broken in. I just got mine yesterday only about 2 hours on it.

i did the 45 minute break in on mine change the oil and had CB on since. now i have the PIM and only 6 hours total.

i have my CB for sale if anyone needs one 30 shipped PM for details

Fast@$$Rider
05-11-2006, 12:11 PM
what do you have to do to put it on i heard something about disconnecting the battery and touching the ends together. I wasn't sure that sounds like it might hurt th fi.

spanky101
05-11-2006, 01:14 PM
hey guys... i am new to the ltr and i was wondering wat exactly the cherry bomb does... thanks

jimmy123_272
05-12-2006, 08:58 AM
from what i got told it is like a super chip for a truck but that is what i was told

jesshamner
05-12-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm taking a shot in the dark here but I'm guessing that it increases the rpm, and changes the power curve by advancing or retarding the timing and fuel mass. That's what we do with the cdales anyway. Only our system is fully programmable. I think the LTR is more like powercommanders and street bikes.

coryatver
05-12-2006, 10:04 AM
The cherry bomb is a 5 cent resistor. It changes the resistance in the EFI therefore giving it a different map

wicked265R
05-14-2006, 09:19 AM
if you guys are talking about the cherry bomb from yoshimura, that is an insert for the exhaust. you basically gut your stock exhaust and slip this in. its said to increase hp by about 7. the PIM is the mapping program to change fuel delivery for the riding condition/style of your choice. just like what cannondale had.

MXracer16
05-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by wicked265R
if you guys are talking about the cherry bomb from yoshimura, that is an insert for the exhaust. you basically gut your stock exhaust and slip this in. its said to increase hp by about 7. the PIM is the mapping program to change fuel delivery for the riding condition/style of your choice. just like what cannondale had.

No its not. Its just a little electrical thing you plug into the bike in the front. You take the spark arrestor out and take the lid off. You dont stick it in the exhaust. :rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
05-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by MXracer16
No its not. Its just a little electrical thing you plug into the bike in the front. You take the spark arrestor out and take the lid off. You dont stick it in the exhaust. :rolleyes:

Correct! I hope wicked265R didn't put the Cherry Bomb in the exhaust!!! :eek: :blah:

By the right front shock top mount, there is a plug. Pull off the rubber cover, plug Cherry Bomb in, zip-tie it to the frame cross member, and that's it. Then remove bolts/nuts on the rear tail light to access the bolts to remove the muffler end cap... Pull spark arrestor out and re-assemble the end cap and tail light. Remove airbox lid and go ride! The LTR sounds much better without the spark arrestor, not too annoying. I thought first gear felt a little too tall before doing this... Afterwards it feels just right. Just wish it had another gear like my old LT, I keep trying to shift past 5th! :p

wicked265R
05-15-2006, 01:29 PM
lol no i dont have a cherry bomb in my exhaust, let alone an ltr. i want one pretty bad but just dont have the money for one right now. I was reading a magazine about it and it had something about the a yoshimura nicknamed the cherry bomb that goes in the end of the exhaust. i must have misread it, it was while driving and bumpy. my bad guys.

Yamahauler_04
05-15-2006, 02:24 PM
You stick it in her exhaust.

I hope all confusion is gone.

jimmy123_272
05-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Yamahauler_04
You stick it in her exhaust.

I hope all confusion is gone.

you dont stick it in the exhaust
people are begining to scare me by sticking the cherry bomb in the exhaust :rolleyes:
too many people have been saying they stick it in the exhaust:mad:

dg95
05-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Whoever said you stick it in the exhaust is absoulutly retarded, you take the sparkarrester out of the exhaust and remove the lid then attach the "cherry bomb" to the front of the quad and stick the little wire harness into a plug made for fuel injection map modifiers that is attached to the ecu. I hope this clears up the confusion! I have the cherry bomb on my LTR and am very happy with it so i know what is going on, all you people without LTR's should go to the forums devoted to your machines and quit screwing with the people with LTR's

My 2 cents are made of gold

wicked265R
05-16-2006, 12:51 PM
wow, no need to be a dick about it man. its a common mistake so deal with it. by the vocabulary some of you guys are using its pretty easy to tell who is mature and who's still got a lot of growing up to do. especially by their 2 cents. I hope you are joking about telling people to stick to the forums specific to their quads. I plan on getting an ltr sooner or later and this is called "doing your homework."

Yamahauler_04
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Well I guess my joke wasn't caught by anyone.

I know the CB is an electrical mod.

Still, stick it in her exhaust...:D

LTandRaptorider
05-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Yamahauler_04
Well I guess my joke wasn't caught by anyone.

I know the CB is an electrical mod.

Still, stick it in her exhaust...:D

Yes, your little joke flew right over everyone's head, except for me I guess.

Maybe you should've done this...

stick it in HER exhaust...

Ok, so no sticking anything into the LTR exhaust... REMOVE the baffle, remove the airbox lid, stick your cherry bomb in the front, and ride... :p

wicked265R
05-17-2006, 01:43 PM
lol i caught the joke, i was just busy attending a childs stupid remarks...

LTandRaptorider
05-17-2006, 04:04 PM
lol i caught the joke, i was just busy attending a childs stupid remarks...

:eek: :D

Now another question... How many more threads about the Cherry Bomb will be made? :confused:

Nobody is lazier than I am with online stuff, but this question has been asked many times. And only a page back. People need to remember or learn to use the search button... ;)

JR3
05-18-2006, 09:34 AM

WOW

wicked265R
05-18-2006, 12:55 PM
lol JR screw youuuuu

JR3
05-18-2006, 03:47 PM
lol JR screw youuuuu

That come back is almost as inteligent as your post.