PDA

View Full Version : fullbore or maier ? which is better

lee37vernon
05-11-2006, 07:41 AM
i have new black maier i've had a while and just opened up

. 1) i ordered the low profile rear .. ugh it looks cack !

2) its black and as i now know scratches to death ..

SO ........ are fullbore any better than maier as i've just found a stockist here in ENGLAND .and the maiers are on e bay now !

zedicus00
05-11-2006, 08:09 AM
yup, actually anything is better then maier, ive tried meir several times and never once been satisfied.

Coyoteman
05-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Fullbore plastic is more rigid than Maier. But, it also cost damn near double too, unless you can find some blems off ebay. My Fullbores fit great and I have no issues whatsoever.

05-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I have maier and like it for what it is. I wouldn't pay that much for fullbore for the riding I do...it all scracthes!

My brother has some fullbore on his YFZ and it's cracked just from a little stress!

tmoney
05-13-2006, 03:53 PM
you get what you pay for

TheFontMaster
05-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I like maiers better. I hear that fulbores crack easily, I had maiers on my old 300ex, I had it flipped on it's side with the plastic bent to hell and they just went right back to where they should when I flipped it over. A new set of maier plastic will be going on my 250r soon.

velocityatv
05-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Just bought Maier before prices went up and damn is it nice. Bought mine from Colby @ C&D. He told me that Maier, Fullbore, and Laker all are teh identical plastic. They buy the stuff in large sheets then warm it up and put it in a press. Colby says the reason the Fullbore is soooooo much more is that your paying for there design. When you look close, why does plastic break? If you investigate more you'll find there is tons of people that'll say that Maier sucks.....mostly because there are more buyers of Maier than anything else due to PRICE!!!!!!!

When you role your quad expect something to break. If it was ment to be up side down there would have been wheels put on the tops too!!:devil:

tp300ex
05-13-2006, 10:37 PM
i have had both and hated fullbore! i know have maier and they whent on with no problems unlike the fullbore....but i would look into lakers;)

bad01300ex
05-13-2006, 11:05 PM
cant go wrong with fullbore race cut, they are $$ but look baaadaazzz

danbobsR
05-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I would put my vote with fullbore mainly in the looks department as far as the plastic being the same between fullbore and maier I dont believe that one. fullbore waay thicker and has a different look to it all together than the maier. my 2cents

lee37vernon
05-14-2006, 01:22 PM
well it looks like i've sold the maier off e bay anyhow .:D

i have proper honda race cut fronts but they will need painting which is not a problem for me as that use to be my trade , plenty of plasticiser and it will take the minor flexing , however they are VERY race cut ! i'd have left a bit more on them . the guy in UK with fullbores will only sell them as sets . not sure whether to just get the maier proper style 250r rear and keep my fronts or go fullbore at double the expense .. those do look cool though and in every picture of it i see it has a more shiny , almost waxy appearance than the maier .

thanks for all the input on this guys , any more opinions ..

TampaBoy813
05-14-2006, 05:08 PM
I have had 2 sets of fullbores and love them both....you get what you pay for...

heres the fullbores on the 250R

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4035/181ig.jpg

heres the fullbores on the raptor

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7813/rapyred9oz.jpg