PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma helmet law failed

DaleJrFan
05-11-2006, 07:19 AM
The OKC paper is reporting that the helmet law(house bill 1830)failed yesterday. There is a bunch of doctors and so called experts complaing that this is such a good law and they dont know why the house couldnt pass it. The house said that is would be infringing on private land owners rights to enforce a helmet law so they will re-address it next year. This is good news for Little Sahara folks!!

miller821
05-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
The OKC paper is reporting that the helmet law(house bill 1830)failed yesterday. There is a bunch of doctors and so called experts complaing that this is such a good law and they dont know why the house couldnt pass it. The house said that is would be infringing on private land owners rights to enforce a helmet law so they will re-address it next year. This is good news for Little Sahara folks!!
I actually don't think it is good news at all.. I know even if I don't have to, I will always wear my helmet, but I guess thats just me.. But look at all the people getting killed on bikes and quads recently.