PDA

View Full Version : Is the precision stabilizer that much better than a stick style?

FireMedic686R
05-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Debating if I should sell my pep and get a precision.... Is it worth almost 5 hundo?

05-10-2006, 11:45 PM
nah. id just get a WER. the precision are way overpriced if you dont race

atvdude
05-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Depends on how bad you want to get beat up to say if its worth 485 dollars. I think there is a 3 year warranty on them so i would just spend the dough. I have not heard one person that has precision say they where not completely satified. I feel its money well spent to put you ahead of the game in racing or just a way better ride on the trail for years to come. this is just my opinion. i am buying one hopefully this week. there is a 3 week wait the shop (localy)said so i need to order one soon. this tells me they cannot keep them on the shelf long enough. everytime i watch one on ebay the next day it is sold. you tell me if they are not the hot set up???

BLEEDRED
05-11-2006, 07:24 AM
atvdude, it sounds like you don't have a precision yet. How do you know the following?

I feel its money well spent to put you ahead of the game in racing or just a way better ride on the trail for years to come.

red4r
05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Ill vouch for him i rode with one on a yfz it was amazing...it was so smooth no vibration at all handlbars never jerked it was awsome!

if you have the money go for it your wont regret it...

05-11-2006, 11:24 AM
id stick with your pep for a little longer before getting a high dollar dampener

woodsman250r
05-11-2006, 02:39 PM
I race and trail ride and I have the precision stabilizer. Yea it is a lot of money but its something that I don't regret getting at all. It is night and day compared to a stick style and will last you pretty much the life of your bike. You get what you pay for and this is the top of the line for performance and value on an ATV. It is hands down the best stabilizer I have riden on and would buy one again if I had to do it all over again.

2MuchChi450R
05-11-2006, 03:30 PM
I agree w/ woodsman. I ride both mx and xc and I can vouch that it's smooth and won't jerk the handlebars out of your hands if you hit something off camber. Don't believe me, check out precisions website with the guy holding a bar and another guy smacking the other end w/ a 5lb hammer. Not to mention that the stabilizer is dual-adjustable, not just for steering but for your rearend coming around on ya. I feel it was money well spent and I got what I payed for.

eganracing
05-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by atvdude
Depends on how bad you want to get beat up to say if its worth 485 dollars. I think there is a 3 year warranty on them so i would just spend the dough. I have not heard one person that has precision say they where not completely satified. I feel its money well spent to put you ahead of the game in racing or just a way better ride on the trail for years to come. this is just my opinion. i am buying one hopefully this week. there is a 3 week wait the shop (localy)said so i need to order one soon. this tells me they cannot keep them on the shelf long enough. everytime i watch one on ebay the next day it is sold. you tell me if they are not the hot set up???

u dont have to wait three weeks. just get one off ebay. thats what i did and i got it in a week.

Dave400ex
05-11-2006, 06:12 PM
I have one on order. Can't wait to test it out.

fandl450r
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
I went from a stick style to a Precision around a few months ago. Although they are close to 5 big ones, and yes I was skeptical at frist about spending that much on just a stabilizer but the improvement and adjustments you gain with the precision is incredible. I can honestly say I am a firm believer in their product. They make one hell of a stabilizer.