PDA

View Full Version : 450r good atv?

suzuki_ltr_stud
05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I have been recently looking into buyin a new quad, I have a lt-r but It isnt what I expected, and I want to know if a 450R is a good quad to spend the money on?? and I mostly drag race and just kinda ride on gravel roads and flats..

05-10-2006, 08:03 PM
not worth selling ur new ltr for

bwilson624
05-10-2006, 11:12 PM
IMO get the honda. It's just easier to build for the money. You're not the first person i have heard say that they are disappointed with the ltr-450.

Smidgy
05-11-2006, 11:29 AM
IMO keep your bike, that thing will be a drag guru when the aftermarket gets caught up on the fuelie bandwagon, there are tons of potential in that motor, just give it a little time. Fuel injection is more efficient than carb, but it is the first crack, and it is going to take some time.

The only reason i would sell it is if you really don't like the way it rides, this depends on how you feel on the bike etc. the suzuki is supposed to be a ton better at handling so I don't know

suzuki_ltr_stud
05-11-2006, 03:13 PM
I love the way it rides, but I bought a bike to race with and I thought all this hype for the lt-r was great and it would live up to the hype, but I switched over from a '05 400ex and It was almost equal to my lt-r, It had some mod's.. yoshi exhaust, piston, cam, paddles, air inflow mods... it was nice but I wanted somin I could buy and spend little money to fix up but I took it to ST. JOE STATE PARK with the mods u see in my sig. And was gettin manhandled by piped YFZ's, and piped 450R's in drags

Smidgy
05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
How were you getting killed? Do you think that it may be from the smaller tires, 18"vs. 20". What was the ground surface like? Were they getting you in top end or low end, or both? I drag a lot also but not against a ltr yet, nothing to be scard of i guess. I have heard these lack of power rumors too, I wonder why suzuki would come out with a bike so far behind in straight line speed out of the box?

eganracing
05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
how many paddles r u runnin? and u might need some more time to get use to the bike.