PDA

View Full Version : 05 TLD Frame

kc8pnd
05-10-2006, 07:13 PM
The other day I went riding and while going up a small hill with rocks sticking out I was flung to the side of the trail and my right wheel centered a tree. This little wreck was not even bad enough to be considered a wreck by many. I start the quad and take off, I notice my right wheel is facing in so I stop and have a look at the right tie rod, looked good. I get about 15 feet away and look and its my bottom a-arm, the back of the a-arm is lower then the front. So I ride home and put a pipe in the a-arm and push down and it bends back. I adjust my tie rod so the wheel is back to normal and head for the trails again. After a few miles of riding I take a quick stop and look over my quad while it cools and then I notice that the right wheel is setting back further then the left. Then I notice that my front fenders look like they are pointing to the right just a little bit, same with the bumper. It looks like the whole front part of the frame (from the back most a-arm mount forward) has bent a little to the right. What are my options here. I could run it the way it is, the front wheels are aligned. I just hate knowing that my front end is bent. Bikebandit.com has OEM parts and a whole frame is almost 800 bucks. Anyone else have any ideas?

MAaudioX10
05-10-2006, 11:04 PM
PM'd ya back...

bradley300
05-11-2006, 06:59 AM
i would inspect it and make sure its not cracked. if it isnt, i wouldnt worry about it. i kow harbin_22 has a 05 frame for sael. dont think he ever even used it. you can pm him on here and predatorowners.com

kc8pnd
05-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I ended up getting that frame off harbin_22 over at predowners. He did a great job getting it out and had most of it sanded down. I put a gusset kit on it tonight. Let me just say that Polaris needs to start welding thing all the way. Right where my old frame bent, the plate that joins the to halves of the frame together (under your oil tank) had only 6 little 1 inch welds on it, its like 6 to 7 inches long, so i laid a bead on that and that should beef it up a little more.

wolffie
05-26-2006, 12:34 PM
man, that kind of scares me that my frame might be crappy too. how fast were you going when you hit that tree? i know i have hit smaller tress going like 10mph through the woods, and i havent bent anything yet.

hopefully ya got everything straightened away now with the new gusset kit.

kc8pnd
05-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Wolf I was going like maybe 10mph. I just shifted to 3rd and mashed the gas and the front wheels came up a little. I hit the tree on the right side and the quad shot to the left, I jumped. When I get the new frame ready for parts and the old frame stripped down I will snap a few pics of it. If any thing you can just pic the front end up and sit it straight up and down and add a few homemade gussets under your skid plate.

05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
yeah i hit a metal fence post and broke mine too! but i have an 03! i thought they fixed that on the 05! but mine i was able to fix! i want to get a new gusset kit now while its all apart before i powder coat it! but yeah thats so scary!