PDA

View Full Version : best place in Pa.?

luvmyex
05-10-2006, 06:26 PM
where is it? i would like to make a trip sometime this summer up there.Ive seen there are alot of riding areas up there and what to check a few out. Probably looking at a 3day weekend or something like that. I mostly trail ride, but wouldnt mind a mx track close by or at the same place as trails.as long as the mx is very quad friendly.kinda looking for somewhere with atleast 25 miles of trails or better. so whats up there guys?

Crazy Diamond
05-11-2006, 08:37 PM
www.thequadfest.com
July 21, 22, 23
CHeck it out!

Tommy 17
05-12-2006, 07:13 PM
i'd hit the quadfest up for a day or 2... i went last year and it was packed and pretty good...

right down the road is breezewood proven grounds for MX... one of the best MX tracks around for quads...

Crazy Diamond
05-12-2006, 09:08 PM
It's in a different place than last year with its own MX track!

Fallen
05-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Tower City is great
Warning: Lots of big rocks may give you flat tires

MR.BIG
05-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Yeah I hear ya I got two flats at tower city no more going there for me.

baker400ex
06-06-2006, 01:34 PM
I'd say if someone is looking for a good long ride with alota different things go to Marrionville Pa. I jus rode up there this weekend and had a blast even tho the weather wasnt good but if you ride all the trails its about 60 miles and with my 06 400ex on one tank of gas is cuttin it close but its a great place to ride and its fun to watch all the big 4x4's get stuck in the huge ponds and stuff they have there but theres a wide variety for any type of rider.....and no more than 15 minutes from the trails is FOX aceway...ive never been there myself but heard it was decent on a quad....

rbm300ex
06-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't recommend tower city - spent a weekend there first part of May with four friends. Riding was ok and glad we went & checked it out and we had fun, but I beleive there are better places to ride in the state. Rocky, wow that does'nt do it justice and you have to see to beleive. Was very dusty too but thats hard to control I realize. We only had one flat out of 5 of us which is amazing considering the amount of riding we did and what we rode over/around/etc. Oh yea, and another one severly bent a front rim on his prarie. In my opinion - its a place to go if you can and check it out, say you've been there and then look for something else. Or if you have nowhere else to ride or are really close to it - it'll work and hey, 12,000 acres or something like that, I'm sure there are parts we did'nt get to in three days, but was a bit dissapointed after our 5 1/2hr drive. Coal piles are unique too. Would have liked to have checked out Rausch Creek while we were there and did'nt realize how close it was till we got home.
Check out www.Paatving.com (or something like that) would probably be helpful to you in your search for a great place to ride. Have you thought about W.Va & hatfield/mccoy? Hoping to plan a trip there next year.
Best of luck to you & let us know how it turns out
Randy

JRP
06-07-2006, 04:24 AM
im going to have to say www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com Awsome place to go ride, and great people and a great facility.:)

JW450R1
06-07-2006, 05:51 AM
yeah,i was a member at tower city for 3 years and even had a parking spot for 2 years.at first it was pretty good,but it seemed like they gave up on cleaning up the trails,and even the mount-everest hill climbs.i dive about 2 hours every other week end.the hill climbs had a 4 foot deep by 5-6 foot wide rut down the middle to almost only dirt bikes could go up.then u have the rock tails.after a while those rocks big,or small takes a tole on u.lots of stuff gets bent,broken,and just worn out up there.i know rausch creek mx track is really good.jumps are all type of freindly.u can have a lot of fun at rausch creek.