PDA

View Full Version : Scared !!!!

trueblue450
10-07-2001, 08:10 PM
Ouch,

Today (Sunday) me and my friends went riding at Bluff Creek. We decieded to go to the bowl/wall and climb some hills. Jeff (400EX) was showing us some crazy climbs. He was flying up a hill about 30-40ft high, and the trail stops about half-3/4 of the way up. Anyways he was doing it with ease. So I figured I would try her out. Well I went flying up it in second gear, and everythings looking fine. I don't quite remember what else happend but I hit the end of the ruts sideways and instead of flying strait up to a safe landing, I flew up to the steeper part, and got stuck.(Cased It) The front was starting to come up, and I just frickin ditched it. I went tumbling/rolling down the hill waiting for my wheeler coming ontop of me. When I reached the bottom I looked up and saw my friends, who were watching me at the top grabing my wheeler. I am so glad they caught it up there or it would have been trashed and so would I. I guess they said that I just caught a rut and flew to the side, and Jeff grabbed the wheel (since I don't have a ft. bumper)and Matt grabed the A-arm right when I ditched it. So they saved the wheeler from tumbling down on top of me. I am very thankful. All I have to say is I hurt but I am lucky I didn't get injured more seriously.

Be careful out there guys.

Dustin

trx400ex
10-08-2001, 03:22 PM
you owe your friends, mine would have let it hit me, then laughed it off

Nausty
10-08-2001, 03:36 PM
yeah bluff creek is scary if you don't know what your doing, you can easily get your self killed with the cliffs dropping off into water and everything. Which reminds me one time I was at some bowl area and i could do all the hills but on this one hill climb I was going to make on my dirt bike anyways I went flying up it and when I got half way up their was a four foot crevice I had jumped over and still had to climb a little farther to the top. It was one of the scariest things that has happened because I just thought it was a dip not a 4 foot wide crevice anyways I about crapped my pants. Have you ever seen anyone jump some of those 70 feet cliffs heck I can't beleive someone would try that I mean if you were to fall off the edge of it I think it would be safe to say you would die or get paralized and really f*** up your body. And if you don't remember crashing like the before part I think its safe to say you had a minor concussion. Because I was reading about it in one of my db mags and it said that most concussions you never lose consciaceness and is what happens is that it seperates some brain connections and blood vessels.

coryatver
10-08-2001, 04:08 PM
better get a bumper! :eek:

trueblue450
10-08-2001, 08:14 PM
Yeah Im getting a bumper soon. Naughsty. Speaking of people flying. I think I know what your talking about. There was a kid on a bike in the bowl, and he climbed the high side of the wall, and halfway up he jumps about 20 ft in the air to land halfway up from the jump. It looks awsome, but you gotta have some nuts to do that stuff. To crazy for me!