PDA

View Full Version : LED Effects

KRMit
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
I bought an LED kit from plasmaled.com and have finally gotten everything installed. The kit included 4 5-LED pods prewired with the correct resistors. The LEDs fan out in the pods to cover a bigger area. I wired them through a fuse and a switch (which is mounted within easy reach under the hood) to the battery. The effect is pretty good and I really look forward to some night riding. The color is a little off in the pics. The picture from the front shows the right color blue.

Front (still waiting on Tag bumper)
http://msatv.com/misc/450rblueled1.JPG

Right Side
http://msatv.com/misc/450rblueled2.JPG

Rear
http://msatv.com/misc/450rblueled3.JPG

Left Side
http://msatv.com/misc/450rblueled4.JPG

d3ktrix
05-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Whoa thats real nice, I like that.

I should be getting my 06 black 450r in the next few days and I'm deff guna do that with the red LEDs!

Everyone at my neigborhood track is guna be like "OMG UFO!" when I fly over a jump :D

How long did it take u to get them when u ordered them from that site?

KRMit
05-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I actually ordered them through Ebay from that seller. I had them within a week.

I saw some LED tubes on their site that look interesting. I'm just not sure where they'd mount.

05-10-2006, 02:34 PM
my friend had those on his recon. they were cool for a week but wires were everywhere and they didnt last long.

KRMit
05-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
my friend had those on his recon. they were cool for a week but wires were everywhere and they didnt last long. Yeah, the wiring was a real PITA. I took all the plastic and the gas tank off to run the wires right though. I don't think they'll get in the way of anything. Now I have zip ties everywhere though. :p

450rJam
05-11-2006, 08:10 PM
that picture from the front is wicked
it just connects to the battery ?
is the stock alternator sufficient to keep her charged?
at night that thing is going to look crazy cool.

KRMit
05-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
that picture from the front is wicked
it just connects to the battery ?
is the stock alternator sufficient to keep her charged?
at night that thing is going to look crazy cool. I connected them to the battery through a toggle switch. I also put a fuse where it connects to the battery in case I get a short somewhere. LEDs draw very little current. Look at how many LEDs are in your taillight. I don't think there will be much of a drain on the battery while they're on.

My buddy just ordered a set for his '05. I guess we're going to hook them up to his headlight circuit.

d3ktrix
05-12-2006, 08:47 AM
You could leave those LEDs on overnight and that big *** 12v batt wouldnt even feel it.

Depending how many you are using of course tho :P

I'm going to tie mine into my head light.

How many of the 5x pods are you using in those pix KRMit?

KRMit
05-12-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm using 4 pods, so that would be 20 LEDs total.

angry450r
05-12-2006, 11:48 AM
those look sweet nice work!man I see this mixjagermike all over. you are one negative guy something bad to say about everything. somebody should put a shoe in that big mouth in the picture.

john.E.business
05-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Thats sick i have never seen anything like that i want them now to haha whats a set of those worth?

KRMit
05-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks for all the good comments guys. The 4 pods cost about $28 shipped. They were worth it to me.

450rJam
05-13-2006, 06:56 AM
how is your placement it looks like maybe 2 on the motor, one under hood and one in the rear ?
come back and post how she is lasting in a couple weeks.
it really looks cool and she is going to stand out it a crowd for sure.

john.E.business
05-13-2006, 10:55 AM
28$ thats nothing for something that kewl... how bout installation how was that?let me know how it last for you i think i would like those for my bike..

KRMit
05-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I ran an oval TT race with them last weekend and they held up fine. I'll put them to the real test while I'm at Little Sahara next week. They definately turned some heads.

450rJam
05-15-2006, 04:55 PM
get some more pics, maybe one of you driving by at about 20 feet or so.