PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Iceracer65~

xsr_racing28c
05-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I would just like to ask everyone on this site to please take a moment and say a prayer for iceracer65 who was invovled in a bad accident at the first round National TT race in Texas over the weekend. Though i'm not sure exactly what happened and am waiting to hear an update on how he is progressing, i do know that he was Air-Vac'd to the local hospital with serious injuries and head trauma. Though i don't know Jason personally, i've talked to him many times on here and he has helped me out alot, and it is just very sad when this happens to anyone.

If you could all just say something for him, that would be great!!!
I know that he'd be happy to know that all of us here at atvriders were pulling for him, and hoping for a full recovery!!!

Thanks to all, ~Jason

Mxjunkie
05-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Damn, get better soon! We'll have to send him some special nurses when he is getting better. :bandit:

Pappy
05-10-2006, 11:02 AM
We are pulling for you! Get better soon!

FourFiftyFour
05-10-2006, 11:12 AM
holy hell i need some contact info ASAP please

QuadJunkies
05-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I hate reading this kind of stuff :(

Speedy Recovery.

JRP
05-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Damn, get better soon! We'll have to send him some special nurses when he is getting better. :bandit:

Quad18star
05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I hope he makes a full recovery . Our prayers are with him .

xsr_racing28c
05-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I have no contact with him myself, i just know that he is at Dallas Hospital right now. i'm waiting to hear what Jennifer Rath has to say about an update on how he is doing.

Thanks for the replys guys and gals, I'm sure he'll be tickled to see all of the support!!!!

tim colston
05-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Get well soon.

insaneracin2003
05-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Get well soon,my prayers are with you.....

JenniferRath
05-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Fallen Rider Update! I received this info last night -We did get a little bit of good news that things are starting to go into the right direction. He does have major head trauma with some small bleeds in the brain. New scans show that there is no new bleeds, and the old bleeds show no new blood. Good sign! A great sign is when they backed of the medication they are sedating him with he responded to touch on all limbs, and moved his arms. There is still alot of swelling in the brain it does not appear to be getting worse but it is not going down yet either.
I let his family know there are alot of us pulling for him..so please say another prayer...it must be working!

Hopefully I will have more news later on this evening!

05-10-2006, 03:05 PM
sounds like things can only get better now...:)

400exrida06
05-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Get well soon.

miller821
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I hope he makes a full recovery . Our prayers are with him .

FourFiftyFour
05-10-2006, 04:55 PM
please keep me updated as jason is a good friend. im worried sick...both of us got hurt this weekend. is the name of the hospital 'dallas hospital' or what exactly???

JRP
05-10-2006, 06:44 PM
yea i agree with mixmastermike, only it can get better. I hope he has a full recovery.

4trax250x81
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
I found this while looking on wisconsinquadracing.com

This update from www.cwira.com:

"Jasons Dad:

Latest direct info on Jasons condition:
Serious but stable. Vital signs are good, Doctors are just watching head injuries for swelling.

Anyone wanting to send cards, etc. mail to:

Parkland Hospital
5201 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75235
SICU-C Jason Miller "

Our prayers are with you buddy.

jeepnrocks
05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
get well soon ice!!

xsr_racing28c
05-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all of the responses on his situation!!! I'm glad to see he is stable and though it will be a slow process, we're all hoping for a full recovery!!!

Any updates??

400exlover
05-11-2006, 10:19 AM
i dont him but your in my and my familys prayers

cutierider1
05-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I hate reading this kind of stuff :(

Speedy Recovery.

i agree. get better soon

MR.BIG
05-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Get well soon and hopefully have a quick recovery.

4trax250x81
05-11-2006, 08:24 PM
This was also posted over at wisconsinquadracing.com today:

....We know that Jason has no broken bones but does have MAJOR head Trauma. They have Jason in a Medically Induced Coma so he can get as much rest as possible. They bring him out of the coma every now and then to check for motor skills and the doctors say he is responding to the pinches and pain. They have also inserted five probes to check for swelling and bleeding on the brain. In the next few days they hope he will start responding to the commands like move you fingers and toes. The doctors also say his vitals are good and he has a slight fever, which is normal. His mother Maureen and girlfriend Mindy are there with him. Maureen said today he is slowly getting better but very slow. Yesterday he could not open his eyes but today he is able to. They are hoping tomorrow to remove the breathing tubes....

xsr_racing28c
05-12-2006, 07:22 AM
I am glad to here things are continuing to move in the right direction!!! Its been hard to function the last couple days knowing a fellow rider has been down!!!

Please keep the prayers coming!! All of your thoughts and prayers seem to be helping, so be sure to just take a moment out of your day to say something for him!! I know he really appreciates all of our thoughts!!

jeepnrocks
05-12-2006, 08:01 AM
That is great news!! I dont think anyone will miond if I repost the information on another site he visits

xsr_racing28c
05-12-2006, 08:18 AM
go ahead jeep.. there are alot of people out there keeping an eye on his situation!!! It seems like every site i visit, there is a post on this... I guess that just goes to show how this whole atv community cares about this sport and especially the health of the riders!

4trax250x81
05-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Update on Jason from wisconsinquadracing.com:

"Finally some good news.

Today when they took Jason out of the coma for a short time, he responded to them by moving ALL his fingers, legs hands etc.

His mom asked him to give a "thumbs up" and he did, so he is responding to some voice commands, which is good.

They do want to try to take his breathing tube out tomorrow and that would mean he would also be taken out of the coma. Hopefully he will be able to breath on his own so they won't have to do a trache.

He also can open open his eyes, but is unable to say anything, yet. Each day, slowly they are seeing progress. So all in all things sound much better today then they did yesterday.

Hopefully we can raise enough money to help him with some of his bills."

Quad18star
05-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 4trax250x81

"Finally some good news.

Today when they took Jason out of the coma for a short time, he responded to them by moving ALL his fingers, legs hands etc.

His mom asked him to give a "thumbs up" and he did, so he is responding to some voice commands, which is good.

They do want to try to take his breathing tube out tomorrow and that would mean he would also be taken out of the coma. Hopefully he will be able to breath on his own so they won't have to do a trache.

He also can open open his eyes, but is unable to say anything, yet. Each day, slowly they are seeing progress. So all in all things sound much better today then they did yesterday.

Hopefully we can raise enough money to help him with some of his bills."

That's awesome news . He'll make a full recovery ... he's got a lot people praying for him !!!!

4trax250x81
05-14-2006, 08:24 PM

"Great news from Jason’s Mother on Mothers Day, the doctors took the tubes out that were down his throat, he pointed to his mother and his mom said “Do you know who I am?” and Jason said yes that’s my Mother."

xsr_racing28c
05-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Thats awesome!!! Looks like things are looking up for him.....Keep the prayers coming guys!!!

xsr_racing28c
05-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Well I havn't heard any new updates on Jason's health, but we all have our hopes up!!!! I decided to add something to my quad in his honor..... Not only do I continue to pray for ya man, but you'll also get to ride along in some local TT races back here in Wisconsin!!!!

I was getting some helmet decals done at my local shop here, and decided to get some new ones made

insaneracin2003
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
great idea xsr_racing28c. He is thought od everyday by us fellow riders. keep getting better Jason !!!!

4trax250x81
05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Update on Jason from wisconsinquadracing.com

"Just an update on Jason. Sunday he had a great day, they removed the breathing tube, he responded to all commands and when the doctor asked if he knew who was in the room he responded my mother. Sunday night he started running a fever so they had to put the breathing tube back in. Monday and Tuesday he had very bad days he got combative so he was heavily medicated so he could calm down and wasn't responding to questions or commands. But we talked to Mindy today and he’s awake and responding, the breathing tube is taken out and is breathing fine on his own. We don’t know what the next step is but we are trying to get him sent to a hospital in Appleton but the doctors in Dallas want to keep him a few days yet to monitor him. We will keep you updated on his progress and thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers."

4trax250x81
06-01-2006, 03:20 PM
From wisconsinquadracing.com:

" Jason is on schedule to be released tomorrow morning (Friday June 2)! Again, for the injury he sustained he is doing really great and making super progress.

The staff said they are expecting a full recovery for him, it will just take a little time. His voice is a bit raspy and quiet as one of his vocal cords is paralyzed. Hopefully that will improve over time as well.

He will be staying at my house temporarily, and will be attending outpatient rehab in Waupaca. Anyone who wants to visit or call him is more than welcome to.

Our home phone is: 920-867-2774

Our address is: W2064 N County Road A
Weyauwega, WI 54983

~M "

stoled_400_:(
06-01-2006, 07:46 PM
good to hear that he is doing well :)

JRP
06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by stoled_400_:(
good to hear that he is doing well :)

awsome news.:)

Holsh
06-01-2006, 07:52 PM
good to hear that he is doing well yes always good to hear that after a bad crash