PDA

View Full Version : Different Exhaust Necessary?

rooster300ex
05-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Right now i have a cobra, and this last weekend my lil sister said my exhaust hurt her ear, she even woke up in the middle of the night crying because it hurt. that made me think that its way way to loud, but if i buy a 250 dollar exhaust like an hmf slip on will it make that big of a power difference, and will it work with my cobra oversized header pipe?

300exOH
05-10-2006, 10:01 AM
I don' t think the cobra headpipe will work with the HMF slip on without some modification.. I could be wrong though. You will notice an increase in power with the HMF and proper jetting.

hondarider2006
05-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I don' t think the cobra headpipe will work with the HMF slip on without some modification.. I could be wrong though. You will notice an increase in power with the HMF and proper jetting.

I am with you on this one. I am 99.9% positive that the HMF will not work with the HMF slip-on, but I could be wrong on a 300ex. The Hmf will still be loud, but not as loud as the cobra.

As far as power goes, re-jet once you get the Hmf and you might notice a small power gain, but I doubt it will be a whole lot.

rooster300ex
05-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Thats what i'm afraid of, i won't be able to tell a power increase.

underpowered
05-10-2006, 10:54 AM
you should be able to tell a power increase. alot more R&D went into the HMF to get teh most power out of it than did the Cobra. There is a reason why the cobra is so cheap, it is loud and really doesnt do anything for the power. The HMF will not work with your Cobra Header, the header is too short. With an HMF and re-jetting you should notice an icrease in power, and a much better sound.

rooster300ex
05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
If i do get an hmf could i use my dynojet kit to rejet with, and will the white brothers head pipe work with the hmf slip-on?

underpowered
05-10-2006, 12:25 PM
the dynojet kit will be fine to re-jet with. and yes, a WB header will work with the HMF slip on.