Blue or Red powder-coated frame with clear plastic

DG skidplates, V-Pro front bumper, and Grab Bar

UM Nerf Bars

Lonestar A-Arms and Swingarm

Fox Air Shox

Trail Tech

And Hot Rods 460cc Stroker Crank Kit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically everything is gonna be chromed, nerf bars, bumper, etc...

What ya think? I'm having to buy basically all the parts so I don't wanna waste any money

Honda2000
05-09-2006, 10:14 PM
wow that's quite the list of goodies!! Have you added the prices up? For only being 14 someone is going to need to come up with some serious change to buy all of that. If you can, you have more money than i know what to do with. Well anyways, good luck with the 400 u shouldn't regret buyin one. Great reliable quads.

High'N'Confused
05-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Honda2000
wow that's quite the list of goodies!! Have you added the prices up? For only being 14 someone is going to need to come up with some serious change to buy all of that. If you can, you have more money than i know what to do with. Well anyways, good luck with the 400 u shouldn't regret buyin one. Great reliable quads.

Durablue Racing Axle-$425.92

Douglas Red Label Rims-Front 10*5-Rear 8*8-$185.80

Yoshimura or White Brothers Complete System-$359.95/$519.95

For the sprockets I was going with a 15 tooth for the front
and 36 tooth for the rear-$129.9

DG skidplates, V-Pro front bumper, and Grab Bar-$429.80

UM Nerf Bars-$259.95

Lonestar A-Arms and Swingarm-$1,693

Fox Air Shox-$649.95

Trail Tech-$119.9

And Hot Rods 460cc Stroker Crank Kit-$549.95

$4804.12-$4964.12+Cost of Chrome, Powder-Coating, and Plastic...

Ohhh, and I come up with the change, I sell cd's, do oddjobs, etc...

When the summer rush comes in, I can sell like, 50 or so mixtapes a week, at $7 a pop

Franky G
05-10-2006, 02:57 AM
you will have to sell a lot cd's LOL!! btw thats not even legal!:eek2: I have a bike thats more moded that the one you want to bild and it took me 2 years to build it hand I have a full time job so!!!

High'N'Confused
05-10-2006, 10:33 AM
ha, naw man, it's all legal, me an a couple friends record a lil then sell'em, and naw, it ain't that many, a lil under 700, some days you can sell a hundred in less than 3 hours, other days you may just sell 10 or so

Ohhhhh and, saying that you have a full time job, really ain't saying much homie

underpowered
05-10-2006, 11:08 AM
thats a heck of alot of dough.

you doin al the work including motor work? if not installing the 460 kit will be another few hundred, clear plastic is hard to come by and not cheap, add another $500+, PC will be about $2-500 depending on what colors and what all you have done, and your chome work wond be cheap either. what about shocks? i saw the fox foats, but what about the rear? Plus there are all kinds of other little things you dont have listed. I think you are gettin in a little over your head. we all have big plans for our stuff, but most of the time stuff never goes to plan.

Good luck and we need pics if you ever get it done.

High'N'Confused
05-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Undecided about the rear shocks, I got other stuff ready and whatnot, I just wanted an opinion on those items

Most of the wrench work I got covered, I've worked on a few race quads, and utility ATVs and whatnot, plus I've put a Honda motorcycle engine in a go-cart, etc..., pretty much know what I'm doing

ducman998r
05-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Damn.. It looks like im in the wrong business

jason43050
05-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by High'N'Confused
I'm 14, thinking about getting a 400EX, and applying some mods-
here they are

Durablue Racing Axle

Douglas Red Label Rims-Front 10*5-Rear 8*8

Yoshimura or White Brothers Complete System

For the sprockets I was going with a 15 tooth for the front
and 36 tooth for the rear

DG skidplates, V-Pro front bumper, and Grab Bar

UM Nerf Bars

Lonestar A-Arms and Swingarm

Fox Air Shox

Trail Tech

And Hot Rods 460cc Stroker Crank Kit

Basically everything is gonna be chromed, nerf bars, bumper, etc...

What ya think? I'm having to buy basically all the parts so I don't wanna waste any money can i have a loan? if a 14 year old can come up with that kind of doe without daddy's help, i'm in the wrong profession!

krt400ex
05-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by jason43050
can i have a loan? if a 14 year old can come up with that kind of doe without daddy's help, i'm in the wrong profession!

Dude I'm 15 and mow 13 lawns. Last year I bought a brand new 300EX and this year a brand new 400EX. You can do it if you have the skill and ambition. By the way, when I was 12, I bought a 48'' commercial lawn mower too. So Mr. High'n'Confused I think that you should go for it. Tell us how it comes out when you're all done.

400exMO
05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
What you guys aren't thinking about is he probably has no other payments to make. No gas for the car, loans, insurance, etc. If I didn't have to pay for all that I would have that walsh crf I've always wanted to build.

I say go for it man, but ride the bike and get knowledgable before you buy the products. And on the rear shock just get it rebuilt buy GT Thunder or C@D Racing.

PismoLocal
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't believe you can afford all that and i don't think that you will end up building a 460 stroker either but if you prove me wrong post some pics and ill drool over your quad :devil:

dragracer101
05-16-2006, 05:40 PM
ya, unless you have a bunch of $...you better look into getting all that stuff...just think how much labor charges are going to be unless you are putting that stuff in by your self...which i doubt you are since you are only 14...but who knows you might