PDA

View Full Version : Prom Mock Crash Pics!

ShiftFMX
05-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Check this out...Makes me sick to my stomach to see somthing like this...

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8792/mock1ex.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9813/mock24es.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8183/mock38ek.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1319/mock47ka.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9799/mock53rh.jpg

:(

05-09-2006, 09:49 PM
the engine still looks good

Mxjunkie
05-09-2006, 10:09 PM
what'd they hit a damn telephone pole sideways? lol

nosliw
05-09-2006, 10:22 PM
what's the big deal? that's DOdGe's new factory articulating tilt-bed

05-09-2006, 10:39 PM
that is very unrealistic.

iour family owns a wrecking yard, and way back in the day my dad said the cars came with stickers that said "warning: may contain traces of human remains" (or somthing along those lines) and he said it wasn't uncommon to see small chunks of skin and hair and blood mangled into the metal. they clean em up alot better nowadays

SGA
05-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
what'd they hit a damn telephone pole sideways? lol Studing the pics a bit, it looks like they hit a pole from the bottom, right where the cab meets the bed. The cab looks ok though. I certainly looks survivable.

What am I supposed to see special?
All I see is a wrecked truck and what is Prom Mock Crash Pics?

05-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by SGA
and what is Prom Mock Crash Pics? its a thing they do in a lot of high school. they take a wrecked vehicle, usually from another prom, and put it on the highschool front yard for the week before prom. This has all the kids freaking out and actually see what can happen if you drink and drive so it makes a lot of us kids realize that we dont need to drink and drive.

trick250r
05-10-2006, 03:53 AM
they just made us sign the "prom promise". you sign that you wont drink at after prom. all it really did was give our school a pretty poster w/ everyones names on it. :ermm:

Quad18star
05-10-2006, 04:33 AM
They used to do that at the highschool I went to , and they still do it . It is a good way to remind the students that drinking and driving is not worth it .

We also had the " Prom Promise" ..... it was something they made you sign saying that you'll be in class the following Monday after prom/grad party ..... and that we went be attending your funeral .

Honestly ,as cheesy as it may seem , I think it's something that all schools should do . Nothing ruins the excitement of prom and graduation more than having to attend a funeral the following week for a student or students that we're killed due to drinking and driving !!!!!!! :(

trx400exxracer
05-10-2006, 05:34 AM
whoa that is crazy

rbgnwa45
05-10-2006, 06:51 AM
They do that at my school too, I think it's a good idea.

jonc623
05-10-2006, 10:19 AM
we got 3 scols in the county i live in and when i was in high school a friend of mine got killed in a car wreck it was and 70s style camaro ripped the car in half the schools put half of the car at one school and half of it at the other school as he went to both for trade classes made alot of people think

schools around here are doing a program called every fifteen minutes now it is set up like a real crash cops fire depts lifeline ambulances whole deal

PismoLocal
05-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by jonc623
we got 3 scols in the county i live in and when i was in high school a friend of mine got killed in a car wreck it was and 70s style camaro ripped the car in half the schools put half of the car at one school and half of it at the other school as he went to both for trade classes made alot of people think

schools around here are doing a program called every fifteen minutes now it is set up like a real crash cops fire depts lifeline ambulances whole deal

Ya my highschool did that whole shenanigan it was ridiculous.

Mxjunkie
05-10-2006, 10:31 AM
I think it's rediculos that the school puts cars that someones friend died in out front of the school. It teaches a lesson but why would you do that to the kids of your school knowing that their friend was in it? If they used a random car from a junkyard I think it would be more proper.

Scro
05-10-2006, 03:22 PM
We had the "prom promise" thing as well. But it wasn't mandatory or about drinking. It was a promise that you wouldn't...for lack of better words..."make babies" with your prom date...haha:D Needless to say, there was like a total of 10 people that signed:p

jt195
05-10-2006, 03:31 PM
last year 2 kids from my school died and thats what the school is going to be doing this year with the mazda 6 they were in...it really makes u think about it

coolex
05-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jonc623

ya they do that at our schools and they had a med flight (medical helicopter) fly in and it was a good way to get out of class and to show people the efects of drinking and driving

the cops also give evryone a free ride pass so wene your drunk at a party u call the cops they ask were your going , but they dnt ask for names or any thing to get you in trouble and then they drive you to were u want so u dnt have to drive drunk and you get there without getting in trouble and alive

SGA
05-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by coolex
the cops also give evryone a free ride pass so wene your drunk at a party u call the cops they ask were your going , but they dnt ask for names or any thing to get you in trouble and then they drive you to were u want so u dnt have to drive drunk and you get there without getting in trouble and alive
Thats pretty cool of them. Back in the day I would have used them so much I would have had thier number in my cell phone speed dial. :D

Honda400exrox
05-10-2006, 05:05 PM
They did that at our school today, except they used an older car, tne had a chick hangin out the window with fake brains coming out of her head and fake blood everywhere, and another person in the front of the car, that had fake cuts everywhere, it was actually really disturbing, a lot of kids left because they were crying.....

They gave us a pledge for our parents to sign, if we are drinking that we can call them and get a ride home from them, and in return they wont be mad at us

its for keeping drinking and driving down

05-10-2006, 05:35 PM

the cops also give evryone a free ride pass so wene your drunk at a party u call the cops they ask were your going , but they dnt ask for names or any thing to get you in trouble and then they drive you to were u want so u dnt have to drive drunk and you get there without getting in trouble and alive the day I trust a cop is the day ill be put in jail.

extremeblastr
05-10-2006, 05:55 PM
one of my friends died just last month in a car accident and the school didn't do anything besides hire grief counselors because there were so many kids goin to guidance counselors about the impact it had on their life

i for one just got my license and i think that this has really opened my eyes to what could happen so for those of you who make light of it think about what it would feel like to lose someone you've known and been close to for the last 10 years of your life someone who you go to for everything cuz thats wut i lost

R.I.P Kate Ritacco lifes not the same without you i miss you baby girl

fast_enough
05-10-2006, 06:09 PM

Has anyone tried this? Not saying anything bad about cops or that I have anything against them, but in my county any single one of them would give you a free ride somewhere else. But if they do there, then thats freaking awesome lol

gbcap
05-10-2006, 07:07 PM
my family has owned a salvage yard for quite a long time now...

they don't display the cars other kids died in...could you imagine the lawsuits by the families involved? having to drive by the car thier kids died in a year later? ummm...no thats not what they do.

they normally take a random car...we have donated one several times in the past. just showing the kids up front that cars are not invincable and that they can get hurt in an accident.

the prom promise dont do crap...if you going to drink you going to drink even if you sign that lil peice of paper.

Toadz400
05-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Yea I wouldn't think they'd use a car that a student or teenager had actually died in.

Don't know if it's believable that the cops would actually give you a free ride if you're drunk without giving you a citation or anything, at least the cops around here wouldn't hesitate to give you a ticket.

05-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Don't know if it's believable that the cops would actually give you a free ride if you're drunk without giving you a citation or anything, at least the cops around here wouldn't hesitate to give you a ticket. but really can you blame them? that is there job

Z400Racer8
05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
They do this thing at my hs every two years called every 15 minutes as mentioned earlier (every 15 min someone is killed by a drunk driver) it is very realistic there is a crash site ambulances firetrucks cops and this year they even brought in a helicoptor. The next day is the funerals parents talk about the kids, overnight the kids actually stay at school away from their parents and the "drunk driver" stays in jail. We even had a 19 year old inmate from the prison come and talk to us about how its not worth it to drink btw our prom is on sat

hondarider2006
05-11-2006, 12:41 AM
last year they brought a car to school....it was pretty bad. Girls shoe was still in it and everything. This year they made us do that prom promise thing also. lol yeah and I was the one with the kegger;)

Quad18star
05-11-2006, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by fast_enough
Has anyone tried this? Not saying anything bad about cops or that I have anything against them, but in my county any single one of them would give you a free ride somewhere else. But if they do there, then thats freaking awesome lol

You wouldn't think they'd bring you to the jail or give you a ticket seeing that you would have actually been smart enough to call them instead of getting behind the wheel of a vehicle . I've never tried it , but I'd suspect most cops in my area would drive you home ... I'm sure you'd hear a whole story on the way home about drinking responsibly and how much you could get fined for public intoxication ...... but 99% of the time they'd drop you off with a " Have a good night!!"

Hondadudeehhhh
05-11-2006, 02:04 PM
our prom party got "busted". the cops showed up and said there was a noise complant, which is impossible since we werent being loud and there are no neighbors within a half mile of the girl's house. Well we see them pull up and a bunch of people book it into the woods and get the keg stashed, all the cans put away just in time before the cops get out of the car. The 4 cops come up to us, ask us how the party is going tell us we were apearently being loud and all that. They see a 36 pack of mountain Dew and the one guy says "Mountain Dew eh?" then he's shining his light everywhere and ONE bottle is sitting by the fire. He just says "well i guess every party cant be perfect, can you dump that out for me please" so someone dumped the corona out and then he asked if we all had rides and told us to be safe. He said they would be waiting at the end of the road so if anyone leaves expect to be pulled over. He was really cool and pretty much knew we were drinking. the funniest part was he asked us "are you all of age?" we all say "yes" then he goes "do you all go to Dexter High School?" everyone answers "yes".

I was shaking and about to piss my pants because I'm only a sophomore and was thinking my football career is over. After a while i realize cops arent trying to get teenagers in trouble, they just want to know where we are and we arent out of control. They wanted us to be safe and make sure we were all staying the night. Turned out being a good night, no one drove drunk, and no one got M.I.P.'s

horizontal_kev
05-11-2006, 02:12 PM
looks as if he hit a fire hydrant..sideways

Toadz400
05-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Man, you guys need to send your cops over this way. There is not a single cop that would go easy on you for drinking in our county. I'm not supporting drinking either, I don't even drink nor have any desire to do it. It's just that every cop around here would rather see you mangled in a car wreck, than give you a ride home and tell you to have a safe night without giving you a ticket. Just the way it is around here I guess. I'm not saying the cops aren't nice around here, they're just not THAT nice.

05-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Man, you guys need to send your cops over this way. There is not a single cop that would go easy on you for drinking in our county. I'm not supporting drinking either, I don't even drink nor have any desire to do it. It's just that every cop around here would rather see you mangled in a car wreck, than give you a ride home and tell you to have a safe night without giving you a ticket. Just the way it is around here I guess. I'm not saying the cops aren't nice around here, they're just not THAT nice. yep thats how they are here in college town. my one friend was walking home alone from a party and he got a ticket. hes 20 BTW and was only walking. the cop went up to him to ask him something about a robbery that happened on the other side of town and he smelled like alcohol so the cop gave him a ticket for zero tolerance alcohol. HE WAS FRICKING WALKING! now everytime he gets drunk he just drives home or somewhere. what can some1 say to him? "u shouldnt drive drunk cause you'll get a DUI"? he got a ticket for walking!

Honda400exrox
05-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
yep thats how they are here in college town. my one friend was walking home alone from a party and he got a ticket. hes 20 BTW and was only walking. the cop went up to him to ask him something about a robbery that happened on the other side of town and he smelled like alcohol so the cop gave him a ticket for zero tolerance alcohol. HE WAS FRICKING WALKING! now everytime he gets drunk he just drives home or somewhere. what can some1 say to him? "u shouldnt drive drunk cause you'll get a DUI"? he got a ticket for walking!

Drunk in public :rolleyes:

Plante400
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
we had that reinactment someone mentioned at our school...

i didnt really like it

just dont be stupid

its common sence not to be drinking and driving
just drink and chill and have a good time, youll find a ride home in the morning
on the other hand.. dont drink.

Toadz400
05-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
now everytime he gets drunk he just drives home or somewhere. what can some1 say to him? "u shouldnt drive drunk cause you'll get a DUI"? he got a ticket for walking!

Yea that's great reasoning. Put himself and others in danger.

Maybe he shouldn't drive drunk because he can kill himself or someone else? I think I'd rather get a ticket for walking drunk and bumping into someone than driving drunk and killing someone.

Just my opinion though:rolleyes: .

fandl450r
05-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Yea that's great reasoning. Put himself and others in danger.

Maybe he shouldn't drive drunk because he can kill himself or someone else? I think I'd rather get a ticket for walking drunk and bumping into someone than driving drunk and killing someone.

Just my opinion though:rolleyes: .

I agree with you 100%. I got an MIP for the same reason, walking. Had a case in my hand and someone 21 with me, who I was carrying for and even blew a .000 but thats what an MIP is, possession. It makes no difference if you're drinking or not. Best thing to do though, get a DD for the night.

chunky
05-11-2006, 07:39 PM
at our school they had a whole mock accident. a kid from our school sat in the car that was wrecked and go out like he was drunk and the cops came and an ambulance and everything...most of our seniors just laughed, but thats probably because they are the "worst senior class in school history" according to teachers

ShiftFMX
05-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
Drunk in public :rolleyes:

Haha, that quote reminds me of Ron white :blah:

05-11-2006, 08:32 PM
part that B out

PolarisRider06
05-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by horizontal_kev
looks as if he hit a fire hydrant..sideways

no backwards and sideways... see how the axle is pushed ahead and so is the exhaust....

my school did something like that 2 years ago, they put a cadillac that was on a car trailer right out in front of the front doors for about 3 weeks, i cant remember exactly what it was that happened to it (i think it was hit by another drunk driver and whent into the ditch and rolled or something) but it was mangled really really bad. and yes a girl had actually died in it, i think she was from southern MN, i'm not sure if she was driving or what but from what i could figure her parents actually donated the car to try and keep other kids from drinking and driving by showing an example of what can happen. there was a little 2 or 3 page thing that was written about the girl who had died and told how she died and a bunch of pictures and all of that.

our school also has druggies, former drunks and all kinds of people like that come in and speak. we had a person there last year whos 9 year old daughter was killed by a drunk driver while riding in the sidecar of her dads motorcycle and he was so ripped up that his wife didnt know it was him when she drove by till she seen the bike in the ditch and his ID and the cops told her who it was (they were already there)

earlier this year we had a guy come in and talk about drugs, he was a former druggy and was on meth and coke and everythign else. he showed pictures of what it can do to your life and everyone around you. the pictures were both of him and of other people who have gotten in trouble for it. he also showed pictures of his face and the police pictures of him right after he attempted suicide by shooting himself with an SKS under the chin, he blew his entire face off and his whole entire face needed to be reconstructed and looking at the pictures of him lying on the floor and then the pictures the cops took of his face there is no way you would think he would have lived. but he actually laid there and talked to his wife as he waited for the ambulance and the cops (thats how hopped up on drugs he was)

my school is pretty straightforward with all of that stuff, they just scare you with it enough to really make you think about it. doesn't stop most from drinking but definately makes them think before they drive or try drugs or anything else.

sorry about the long post.