PDA

View Full Version : bike or quad

02400exracer
05-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey i bought my yfz a few months ago. but i have been thinking about a bike, 125 or 250. i like quads but parts are cheaper for bikes. What should i do dump the yfz and get a bike or keep it and race mx. also my parents never have liked me racing too much so how could i convince them to let me race again? thanks for info
Jessie

aman
05-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Idk......i have both myself and I can say i'd be pretty happy either way.....bikes are alot easier to ride though so if you dont want to take the beating you do on a quad you can go that way.....but quads are just as fun to ride.......not too sure about the racing part....some parents are really touchy on that......but if you can convince them that you can do it safely and that its something you enjoy then they probably wont have a problem with it

chaz#32
05-11-2006, 09:11 PM
my parents were the same way, then a won my first race this season and 2 weeks after that the put 800.00 dollars into my quad without me even askin, so just win. that did it for me

300exHILLER
05-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Race XC. alot cheaper and safer.

02400exracer
05-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info, in my first two races i got 2nd and 3rd and that didnt convince them. They just told me good luck and dont get hurt. The worst thing they say is what are you going to do if something breaks. and thats were i get stuck in the conversation. as far as XC i dont really care for it, i like MX a liittle better.

ohsobad_chevy
05-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I have to say that if i was going to race MX, I would race on a bike but if you wanted to race XC or similar, I would stick with the quad. In my opinion, a quad is more versatile than a bike, but to each his own. :D