PDA

View Full Version : building whoops

airheadedduner
08-05-2002, 11:17 PM
Anyone know how to build a good set of whoops????

Nausty
08-06-2002, 12:47 AM
well me and my dad did it with a skid loader and is what we did was work our way packwards. First we would dump a row of dirt and then drive up to it and bring the bucket down and tilt it down against the back face and then lift it up and tip the bucket up and pack up against the front and then repeat.

400exBro
08-06-2002, 04:47 PM
dpes anyone know how to make the whoops where you can triple of double them pending your speed
like in mount morris you can double them or triple which makes ya go faster???
thnxs
Bro

Nausty
08-06-2002, 05:25 PM
"triple of double them pending your speed"

can your rewrite that? I think you mean is it faster to triple or double whoops? I can triple them my self but say if there is 4 whoops I will either double them or try to clear the whole thing but if there is 6 whoops i'm gonna triple em'.

400exBro
08-07-2002, 08:35 PM
what i was trying to say is that, instead of doubleing a set of whoops you can triple, i am trying to piture how you would have to set them up in order to do that,

would it be like this:

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

how far do i useually space them?
thnxs
Bro

optikid123
08-07-2002, 08:47 PM
well u would have to make them high and far enough spaced apart so that u jus6t dont skim across them and so that your quad can have rythm if there to close u will get kinda stuffed

airheadedduner
08-08-2002, 01:31 PM
I wanna build a real set of whoops though. Unevenly spaced, verried hight, off-camber, and just plain nasty. I figure if i build a real nightmare of a set and get good at them i could handle anything. This track I am building I am setting up to just beat the crap out of me.

Foxrage
08-08-2002, 04:26 PM
I am kind or curious here i think most of the peple are talkin about like big rythm size woops and i think we are talkin about the ones yu just have to handon no and lean back. I am buildinmine about 1 1/2-2 feet high and spaced were the dirt meets at the bottom of each one. I already have a set of 3 then 4 singles after that.

Heres the onenes im building now a real set of woops:
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Heres the kind i have now that are wbout the same height has the woops im building. i triple the first set then single the rest.
/\/\/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

a real rythm section section of big woops to come as far as the woops catagories go. Then i have 2 25 foot doubles right after each other and a 35 foot double and a huge double and table top to come in that catigory

Tommy 17
08-08-2002, 06:04 PM
here u go.... this is a pic of whoops at pleasure valley raceway in johnstown pa... u can get a ruff idea of how big they are by the size of my bike... the bikes a cr80 and the rear wheel is 14 inches... that should give u a ruff idea of size...

400exBro
08-08-2002, 06:52 PM
thnxs tommy and nacs!

i got the really nasty tiny ones i got them spaced apart about the size of my foot plus 1/2 and inch wihich is close to 15 inchs apart, and then use your mind for the rest useally i make the ruff stuff in the middle( where one whoop is bigger than the first one and they are uneven ), the only thing is pack em down real good mine are already tore up after a coupld of rides on them which sucks because it takes a lot of work to do em properly
lata
Bro

Tommy 17
08-08-2002, 07:28 PM
if yinz want pics from differnt angles i have a few more pics... but nothing much better then that...

flying400ex
08-24-2002, 10:20 PM
Just biuld a really low tabletop like a foot and a half tall and dig little dips in it

QuadRacer041
08-25-2002, 04:12 AM
build them like this!

Pappy
08-25-2002, 04:57 AM
hey lou....i see its my favotite track now....it has a nice smooth section right beside the whoops:D ....lol

Rip_Tear
08-25-2002, 12:08 PM
How far are the tops of the whoops apart, like peek to peek? Thanks, and how high would they be?

400exRacerX
08-25-2002, 02:24 PM
It all depends on how aggresive your riding style is.