PDA

View Full Version : maybe getting a dual-sport, need help

450robot
05-09-2006, 02:57 PM
ok, ive been riding my friends dirtbike for a couple weeks now, and i think i want to get into something new, but i want to be able to also get around on it

so ive been looking at a suzuki drz400 dualsport

but what i want to know, is how much do you think my r is worth?

here is the low-down

-2005 450r about 19 hours

-atvfourplay LT +1 arms
-TCS LT race shocks (rezis, and comp adjust)
-gt thunder revalved and resprung rear
with gt thunders XC link
-maier fenders
-IMS pegs
-msr bars
-burgard beadlocks all around
-holeshot hds
-clarke 4gal tank
-new powdercoat on parts
stock motor

there might be more, but im probably
forgetting

it is all new, just finished rebuilding it

bansheeguy
05-09-2006, 03:11 PM
its worth more than I got, but if I had it, I'd buy it hahah

seriously nicest R ive ever seen

Hon300ex
05-09-2006, 03:24 PM
your quad is so nice didnt you just finish building it? that quad is so nice i dont know how you could sell it. anyway, i dont kno how much it would go for. but if you wanted to buy a drz with that money i bet u could.

05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
what i highly reccommend you do is put it back to stock. sell the aftermarket parts. Id say you can get $4500 for that. and prob. the same if it was all stock but then you can part out the aftermarklet parts. I think ur crazy though for selling it because you just built it

05-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Whats the deal you don't like your new TCS springers? If you sell that to get a dual sport you will regret it later. Trust me.

Plante400
05-09-2006, 05:32 PM
no he wont and i am going to suggest a 450x for dual sport...

so much power in every gear, light weight, best looking bike with a light IMO

youll probobly say im just saying this because i just bought one myself but after riding it i wouldnt even want to ride the 450 quad.. ride one youll see

ny300exrider
05-09-2006, 06:01 PM
i agree with mixmastermike. part it out if you still have the stock parts, then sell it as a stock, or close to stock 450. with the amount of money you could make selling the parts seperate and then selling the quad stock, it would be substantially more than selling it modded. im also really thinking about looking into a dual sport type bike within a year or two, so i don't think your crazy. im looking into a drz too but i want to go for the sm version since i wont be needing it for dirt much.

450robot
05-09-2006, 07:15 PM
yah, about the whole "i just built it thing"

i know that, and hey, i built it, and finished it, what else is there to do... ive ridden it, and, quad riding, for some reason, just has lost its fun to me, i dont know why, but i have no motivation to even get on the thing anymore

its just, riding the same trails everyday, getting it dirty, cleaning it, then doing the same thing the next day is kinda boring now

i want to be able to get out on the road, and find new places, drive to friends houses, and my dads house, and still be able to hit the dirt every once and a while

soooo, i guess a D.S bike is the way to go

ny300exrider
05-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by
450robot
yah, about the whole "i just built it thing"

i know that, and hey, i built it, and finished it, what else is there to do... ive ridden it, and, quad riding, for some reason, just has lost its fun to me, i dont know why, but i have no motivation to even get on the thing anymore

its just, riding the same trails everyday, getting it dirty, cleaning it, then doing the same thing the next day is kinda boring now

i want to be able to get out on the road, and find new places, drive to friends houses, and my dads house, and still be able to hit the dirt every once and a while

soooo, i guess a D.S bike is the way to go

if you think this way, then we are on the EXACT same page. whenever i ride my quad its on the exact same set of powerlines every time. nothing changes and there is nowhere else to go. ride for an hour, get home, wash the quad, put it away, do it again. its beginning to get pretty repetitive and although i dont like to think about it, im beginning to lose interest. the ONLY thing keeping me attatched to the quad scene is winter riding. i ride more in 3 snow storms than i do for 3 months in regular weather. when i graduate high school next year, i will proabably have had it with quads, and the dual sport will be next.

rmz250
05-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Its prob a good idea. I got into bikes because with quads we were constantly being bothered with the D.E.C officers. I'm better off just going to the track.

450robot
05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
so what do you guys think for a selling price? its worth a good 10k

05-09-2006, 08:19 PM
sell off all the parts and you could buy a used dual or motard for the road and still keep the R (stock though)

Plante400
05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
probobly but you wont get that, if you do its going to take a while to find someone with some money to blow on a quad...

sell it stock, sell the aftermarket parts, buy a 450x or 400sm and and youll be loving life, quads will be no more (outside the track) sooner then later with all the land owners hating them.

05-10-2006, 12:45 AM
im starting to get BACK into dirtbikes now i miss my rm125 :(