PDA

View Full Version : 400EX and bluish smoke

ridesa02400EX
08-05-2002, 09:46 PM
i have a 2002 400EX and it has been blowin out bluish colored smoke and burnin oil in like 4 days im thinkin that my oil ring is fried but im not sure can anyone help

yellowrider
08-05-2002, 10:14 PM
mine has done that ... my buddy on a warrior spotted it and i was supposed to take it to the shop and let them look over it... but my truck messed up so i couldnt get it over there and so far i have rode at leadt 75 miles on it with it blowing blue smoke when you get on it real hard...

most of the time it blows the bluish/white smoke while i am woods riding

i was going to post something but i didnt feel like it i am glad you did ...

08-05-2002, 10:41 PM
oil may be worn......change it see if it helps... if u put too much in you may have damaged your valve seals....mine always smoke sont he cold start....i think its cuz of bad valve seals......your top end may be warn as well

08-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Since its a 2002 is it still under warrantee, if so bring that thing to the dealer ASAP no sense paying to fix anthing after that warr. is up.

The smoke could be from a few things, and you would need to get more specific as to when it smokes and when it doesnt and how much etc. that way you can narrow it down better.

ridesa02400EX
08-05-2002, 11:47 PM
ill try changing the oil again and if that doesnt work ill have it checked out by the shop thanks guys

L.Vegas400
08-06-2002, 09:37 AM
i got mine real hot one night(pulling a guy around in the dunes) and it would smoke when i reved it and let off. hasnt done it since though.

Scott400EX
08-06-2002, 11:38 AM
My buddys 02 400EX did that, he took it in under warantee and they said his rings were gone! That they shrank or somthing. But as long as its under warantee let em do whatever they can to fix it!
His smoked more when it got hot.

flying400ex
08-07-2002, 09:18 PM
You might be running a little to rich.

yellowrider
08-07-2002, 09:59 PM
i am hoping it is just a spark plug .. i have oil in it and its not above the line...

i think its fine.. i say i just got it to hott... its been a week now and noone has said anything to me about it smokin them out while i am rididng in front of them and boy i do that alot so i guess it is just when mine gets really hott...

i dont know ... oh well i still need to buy me new set of tire get the vavles readjusted and get whatever i damaged today fixed i am going to be sit back a couple hundred dollars :mad:

i have a 4 year warranty i do not care!

it will get fix when it doesnt run! :D

oh and also i think my starter is going out :( :confused: because every now and then it makes a very cold chilling noise that really make goose bumps all over you but it dont do it all the time when it starts up usally when me and a couple people make new hills ... .. .. because we usally have to cut trees or move stuff out of are way so i turn off and start my 4 wheeler alot ... that could be the promblem i don't know though.....