PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with the 250 x???

08-05-2002, 09:23 PM
i have a 91 250 x and when the rpm's get high the dang thing cuts or boggs out.. what could the problem be?? thanx for any info u have!!

oynot400
08-06-2002, 08:14 AM
Check your air filter, it may be dirty. That or your jetting is off. :confused:

spliffy
08-06-2002, 12:09 PM
If Its Not the Carb , It Could Be The Cam , Mine Cut Out At High R's Too & I Checked & Rechecked Everything.... But I Got Sick Of Playing With It & Said Screw It & I Tore It Apart Down To The Cam, I Noticed That The Cam had Some Dead Spots In It Where It Was Ground Down.... This Is Just An Idea , But I Had Lots Of Trouble Figuring Out What My Problem Was Till i Changed Out The Cam , Then Once You Are That Far , Might As Well Check Out The Piston Too To See How The Wear Is On the Rings & On The Cylinder... ;)

08-06-2002, 09:01 PM
it does not cut out bad it is just like a pop or 2 when u are riding then it will go away and then like 2 or 3 seconds later it will do it again. the chain slipped off and put a crack in the case and i put j/b weld on it for a temporary hold until i get it welded, could this bee the problem at all?? the jetting has always been fine, could it be n e thing else in the carb. what about the cdi box. could that be it. also about the cam, spliffy, did that solve your problem and if so what do i look for. and how long and how much $$$ did it cost ya.
thanx

spliffy
08-07-2002, 07:02 AM
Totally Solved My Problem , The Things Runs Like A Brand New Quad Now , & Alot Faster Than A Stock 250x......The Cam (Drop In Web Cam) After A Core Charge ($70) Was $110 , The .080 Wiseco Piston Was $80 , Top End Gasket Set Was $20 & To Bore Out the Cylinder Was $50... It Took Me About 5 hrs Total To Do the Whole Thing (Not Including Wait Time For the Boring Out) , This Was The First Time I Had To Work On A 4 Stroke , Im Usually Just A 2 Stroke Man , Get Your Self A Clymer Manual ($25) & Its All Right There On What You Have To Do & Not Hard Work At All.... Just Take Your Time :macho

08-07-2002, 09:44 AM
thanx man