PDA

View Full Version : Showtime stories

Johnny & Monica
05-09-2006, 12:17 AM
We'll we headed to the race about 10:00 Thursday evening spent the night at a motel and arrived at the track about 9:30 Friday morning. Spent the day hanging out then we checked out the track. The kids track was alot longer than the kids are use to but they were excited about a new challenge.

Taylor got off to about a midpack start and made a couple passes but then she flipped it about 3 times the first lap so she backed off but was still able to stay on the lead lap.Even with a perforated ear drum. Chance also started about midpack and was making some passes thats when his kill switch came undone and he had trouble getting it back in place and had to wait for assistance from his Dad. Got going again and he flipped it a couple times. Worked his way to sixth only to get passed just before the scoring tent when he was letting Walker around him and the seventh place guy was on his tail to take the place away from him. Chance said that was the toughest course he'd ever raced on and now it is his new favorite track. They both said they had a great time and are looking forward to racing another GNCC. Taylor said she wants some quad adjustments first though. LOL

Johnny had a horrible start about last off the line then hung up just before you head into the woods and back to the back again. Got hung up a couple times, made some passes, got a flat tire, had a flip down a hill (Photographs in the gallery) and worked his way back up to eighth. Stopped in the pits to get air and the whole valve stem was gone. Thanks to Aaron Burrows and the gang they changed the wheel and away he went to go on and finish 10th in his class.

I'm really proud of them all.

We had such a good time even with all the rain. The kids got plenty of autographs even from their local favorites Johnson and Burrows. Taylor and Tessa were upset they didn't get a chance to get some from the womens racers. Maybe next time. Mike Houston even gave Chance an autographed hat they hed hasn't hardly taken off. Thanks to eveyone back in our pit area you all are a blast. Thanks to the guys who don't know what direction they are facing the $5 I won came in handy!:devil: Thanks to RP and the guys at the Off Road Ranch for putting on the race and keeping everything running so smoothly even with the weather going downhill so fast. Thanks to Harlen for getting the awesome photos of Johnny's crash. Great to see ya. Glad eveyone made it out alright and home safely hope we can do it again!

05-09-2006, 07:40 PM
well, i got off to around 5th-8th in the holeshot, had a decent race, got super muddy, went without goggles for awhile, got stuck around 7 times or so, but i had a ton of fun, and i was mentioned on the gncc radio when i was running 5th

im hoping they come back next year, even tho it was a mud fest i still enjoyed it

i ended up 13th in Open B and 116th overall

i hope everyone had fun!

montycarlo
05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
The race for me started Thursday when I began preparations for the race - last minute style! New old trailer needed tires, bearings, & lights. At least the floor is still good enough. Between washing the Indianola mud off the quad, getting it prepped, and getting the trailer set we left about 4 hours late; 12:30pm Fridaywe pulled out of Burlington with every intention of having left 8-9am. O well. 400 mile drive got us to the track. Was able to locate the Missouri bunch - a random face at one end of the campground knew exactly where Geogeorge was camping at the other end! That was handy information. Anyway, I also found out that a conversion van makes a handy camper for a small crowd of 2 1/2. My 7 month pregnant wife said the baby was still rockin and rollin long after the bumpy ride through the campground subsided. (we took a couple laps before we finally found our friends!)

The race? Not much to say except my hopes of having the pro class call me up were dashed fairly early in the race. You folks that frequent the IATVHSS site know all about my skid plate whining, ranting, and complaining. It was terrible I couldn't climb anything in the main groove - had to shift over and have 2 tires in the middle and 2 tires off of one side of the main track - and if the rear slid into the grooves - STUCK AGAIN! Got old fast. I only flipped it once - in the bottom of a muddy creek naturally. Used the next 2 bottle necks to straighten out my bars! Anyway. I had previously stated that there was no way I was coming back to that place but I do retract that statement. I think with the proper hardware under the quad I could have done a much more respectable job of representing my family name. I don't think the course was overly tough or ridiculously hazardous. Some spots you just have to take your time but nothing was really impassable I though. I wasn't even tired after the race. So little time was actually spent actually racing that I didn't get a proper workout in. Too much time getting the back end to a tractionable location. No soreness whatsoever. I do remember that I was screaming mad every time I got stuck, which was a lot. I obviously didn't finish well, 160th overall in the morning & 19th in Novice C 29+

But I will try it again. :macho

To the rest of you:
I hope all your injuries heal quickly, your parts bill stays low, and your pride remains strong. So congratulations to all that finished well, good job to those that simply finished, and better luck next time to those that didn't.

Oh, and I want better tires for the back of the van too! That thing is absolutely helpless off of the pavement!

mills_racing
05-10-2006, 07:42 PM
well i got there friday evenin and i didnt even bring my quad since it had internal motor problems. Come saturday morning after chatting with a few people i meet up with jordan gilkerson and his crew and luck hit me. His buddy tony hurt his back the day before and was unable to race his sweet might i add 450R and they decided to let me ride it.THANKS FOR THE QUAD TONY.

The race started out good, got out front on the start and was up front all race. 2nd lap got a flat , had to pit get that took care of but i didnt lose any spots. Last lap i pitted for gas and not far into the last lap it started sputtering and quit on me. ended up looking over it for the longest trying to get it back going and the vent tube ended up being clogged up, that went on about 3 or 4 more time the last lap and finally got it going back good. Finished 4th in C 16-21 which helped me keep my points lead .

Also like to say congradulations to Kevin Wallpe on the win.

05-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
The race? Not much to say except my hopes of having the pro class call me up were dashed fairly early in the race. You folks that frequent the IATVHSS site know all about my skid plate whining, ranting, and complaining. It was terrible I couldn't climb anything in the main groove - had to shift over and have 2 tires in the middle and 2 tires off of one side of the main track - and if the rear slid into the grooves - STUCK AGAIN! Got old fast. I only flipped it once - in the bottom of a muddy creek naturally. Used the next 2 bottle necks to straighten out my bars! Anyway. I had previously stated that there was no way I was coming back to that place but I do retract that statement. I think with the proper hardware under the quad I could have done a much more respectable job of representing my family name. I don't think the course was overly tough or ridiculously hazardous. Some spots you just have to take your time but nothing was really impassable I though. I wasn't even tired after the race. So little time was actually spent actually racing that I didn't get a proper workout in. Too much time getting the back end to a tractionable location. No soreness whatsoever. I do remember that I was screaming mad every time I got stuck, which was a lot. I obviously didn't finish well, 160th overall in the morning & 19th in Novice C 29+

buy an AC .250 Swingarm skid and cut the linkage plate off, thats what i did, i made it through all of the ruts with no problems, only when i made mental mistakes i got stuck in the ruts