PDA

View Full Version : Banshee stuck in third gear

crewworrior
05-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Heres the deal, I just bought a 95 banshee as a project quad.its stuck in third gear does anyone know why this happens.any help is appreciated.

enquadrider16
05-08-2006, 10:36 PM
how does it shift 1-3? can you kick it with just holding in the clutch? what does it feel like?

Mxjunkie
05-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Sounds like the tranny is trash, mine did the same thing when I blew mine.

I rebuilt mine with the ball bearing shift drum instead of the stock bushing and got all forged shift forks etc.

crewworrior
05-09-2006, 09:15 PM
i looked into it more today, so heres what i came up with.

i cant shift gears at all, the guy i got it from said that its stuck in 3rd but i cant tell because the shifter will not move.

the clutch lever and cable seem to work fine but the clutch will not disengage.

i checked the cable pull on the clutch arm, and it should disengage theres plenty of pull.

my first thought when i bought the quad was the shift forks,but im not sure,

ive always worked on blasters, and i thought the banshee should be similar, if so i should be able to knock the problem out pretty easily.but i wanted to check with you guys before i start into the engine.

thanks for all the help.

Mxjunkie
05-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it sounds like it broke a shift fork. Mine did the same exact thing your saying and I had to replace all kinds of stuff..

You can pick up the shift drum from alba is about 132 dollars I belive.

jimmy123_272
05-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by enquadrider16
how does it shift 1-3? can you kick it with just holding in the clutch? what does it feel like?

what do you mean with how does it shift
it is stuck in third so he cant shift

crewworrior
05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
i went into the transmission today and the shift forks are o.k but the gear that slides on the shaft that the clutch is on gets stuck when it hits 3rd gear im not sure why this happens. it looks like someone has worked on the transmission before is it possible that one of the slide gears on the sprocket shaft should be on the other shaft.

crewworrior
05-13-2006, 05:31 AM
when putting the gears back on the clutch shaft does the very first gear that you put on supposed to be free spinning or does it go on tight.