PDA

View Full Version : radiator best?

novaracr70
05-08-2006, 08:47 PM
whats the best aftermarket radiator ? Cooling, fitment, quality , and looks , pics would b great

YFZRob
05-09-2006, 07:00 AM
They all work worlds better than stock, so go with the one you can get the best deal on. I personally LOVE the PWR radiators. They are made in Australia and are top notch for quality, especially for the price. I had one back with my 310 kit which I have since sold when I went back to a stock jug, but now I am picking up another for the ported stock jug that I'm swapping over soon. You can find the PWR rads on ebay for around $330. I own my own performance parts business for car parts and have a distributor who gets PWR for a decent amount less than that.

novaracr70
05-10-2006, 08:42 PM
so pwr ? what about afco? i hear the hoses are ran a little better? anybody

YFZRob
05-11-2006, 06:48 AM
The hose locations should be identical. The PWR is the same as stock as far as inlet and outlet location, as well as overflow tank fitting.

novaracr70
05-11-2006, 07:49 AM
no the afco has both on left side . I hear it has better hose routing? were are all the people with aluminum radiators?
i just want the best . and maybe some pics of everyones installed? so i can make a decision

YFZRob
05-11-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm not sure how that would be better for hose routing since the stock hoses are designed for the top to come from the left side of the radiator.....maybe the stock hose can just rotate over to the other side. I like keeping things as close to stock fitment as possible. The Afco would be a double pass like that though, which is also good, but seriously, you CANNOT GO WRONG with any of them....just buy what you can get the best deal on. They all will cool worlds better than stock. Maybe if you had a 350 power valve that was running 230 psi and in 110 degree dunes, MAYBE you would see a 5-10 degree difference between the aftermarket radiators.

zedicus00
05-11-2006, 08:12 AM
yeah. theres guys running stock radiators on bigbores, i run a stock one with 2 inline cooloers on a stockjug 310. it didnt over heat before i put the inline coolers in i just wanted a litle insurance.

im gunna put a PWR on my new buildup just becuz its aluminum.

beerock
05-12-2006, 12:20 AM
i like the routing of the afco much better then the stock

DezSled
05-12-2006, 12:44 AM
One thing to think about is when you look on ebay at radiators for sale, some have damage along the sides. I damaged one in a crash and the side was pushed in just abit. So when I bought a PWR aftermarket one I steered torwards the ones with the tanks on the top & bottom. I would be more worried in a crash with the ones with the tanks on the sides. Just a thought.

tazman7
05-12-2006, 05:58 PM
I know it would make a difference if I got one for my ESR 265. But would it be worth the extra money to buy one of these? My engine has no over heating problems and everything works great..but I just got my engine rebuilt (bottom and top end) and I figured now would be the perfect time to put in a new radiator.

Aceman
05-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Tazman,

I'd buy an inline temp gauge and see how hot it runs before I shelled out 300+ for a radiator.

tazman7
05-12-2006, 08:20 PM
What should the temp be running around for it to be normal? Can I just get a cheap one or do I have to get a ESR type one?