PDA

View Full Version : Not Grabbing

ondagaskiknass
05-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Ok so i am having a problem. When i am just riding normal and easy everything works fine. But if i try to go up quick as possible it sounds and feels like the fourwheeler is not grabbing. I dont think it is the tires. Any chance it could be the clutch starting to go?

gearhead400
05-08-2006, 10:34 PM
depends, look at your tires, if they are spinning, its your tires :P. You should be able to judge that pretty well.

Other than that, just check your clutch adjustment, it might have come out of adjustment and is staying engaged a bit. Otherwise it could be your clutch, i haven't burnt mine up yet.

SHADETREE101
05-08-2006, 11:43 PM
ride your bike around and warm it up good. then come to a complete stop and put your bike in third or fourth gear. floor it and dump the clutch. if it revs and dosn't die the clutch is gone. also check the adjustmeent on the clutch lever and on the lower case. make sure there is slack there, they sometimes vibrate out.

gearhead400
05-08-2006, 11:53 PM
what he said :D

ondagaskiknass
05-09-2006, 07:44 PM
thanks, ill try that tommorow at the track

flauge
05-11-2006, 06:46 AM
how about this tho. i had a problem kinda like that last time i went riding. i was going in 5th, just cruising not even accelerating, when the rpms turned up like the clutch was being feathered. it just did it for like a split second but it scared me enough to go home. was that the clutch fading or what. i was riding pretty hard before i slowed down so im guessing thats what it was.. what yall think?