PDA

View Full Version : Elkas Anyone?

tmoney
05-08-2006, 06:42 PM
If you have elkas how do you like them and have you had any problems out of them, like bottoming out. I just ordered Elka dual rates and was wandering what Im in for.

trx400EXtreme
05-08-2006, 06:50 PM
u picked the right shocks.

04TRX400EX
05-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I'll let you know next week when I get mine :macho :D

300exOH
05-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I have front elkas and I am very happy with them. I have heard stories of people not being happy with the valving. Some say too soft and some say too stiff? Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but mine have always felt perfect to me once I got them dialed in. I have had a couple people ride it and they all thought the shocks were awesome. When you order them you just have to very specific about the type of riding you do and how agressive you ride.

MR.BIG
05-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I hope elka's are good to because I have a set of elka LT quadrates on the way to me hopefully I will have them by Friday.

baker400ex
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
I'll let you know next week when I get mine :macho :D

HEY, I WAS JUS WONDER HOW BIG OF A WHOLE THOSE ELKA REC'S PUT IN UR WALLET GET BACK TO ME BEFORE I ORDER MINE FOR MY 400EX

06 400EX
NEFF BARS
RENTHAL BARS
HMF PIPE
k&n PIPE
FEW OTHER MODS

05-09-2006, 07:35 PM
i have elkas and love them, they are smooth in the woods, and nice over braking bumps, you will love them

Sjorge450R
05-10-2006, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by baker400ex
HEY, I WAS JUS WONDER HOW BIG OF A WHOLE THOSE ELKA REC'S PUT IN UR WALLET GET BACK TO ME BEFORE I ORDER MINE FOR MY 400EX

Two things, first, do you seriosly right your signature in your post everytime that you post??? Second, the Dual rate elka recs are 450 and the triple rates are 475.

hondarider2006
05-10-2006, 09:58 AM
I run the tripple rates w/ remote rezzys and love them. I have never ran a differnt shock besides shock, so I don't know how they compare to the others, but I know I love the Elkas. You made the right choice man:cool:

CFRacer03
05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I've owned two sets of elkas, one standard travel and one long travel setup and have been happy with them.

I've put some time on PEP's but never owned a set, but I still think I like the elkas better.

I recently bought a set of FOX's though and they are amazing!

Alot of people over look the rear shock though, it is VERY importand and will make a HUGE difference! save up and get a rear if you didn't already

tmoney
05-10-2006, 07:05 PM
yeh I got all three of em, cant wait

JW450R1
05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I HAVE THEM ALL THE WAY AROUND WITH REAR DUAL LINKAGE.I FINALLY GOT THEM SET UP RIGHT WITH REBOUND/COMPRESSION.I REALLY TOOK SOME TIME,BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.THERE AWESOME.HANDLING IS UNBELEIVEABLE.

KingpinsEx
05-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Yea i just ordered a set this past week, comp. and rebound adjust std. travel, should be huge improvement over stock. I cant wait! Will definetly have a ride report once i get them. I went with a used axis dual rate on the rear though.

mountaineer
05-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I have ran standard for a half of a season then went to long travel for one and a half seasons. The only thing I can say is the faster you go the better the shocks perform. I still have a set on my practice bike and I am in the process of a front end rebuild on my race bike which will have walsh front a-arms (which I expect any day now) and fox float evols (which I already have) I can't wait to try the fox shocks. My race bike has been down for four weeks now. I had my mechanic throw in the hot rod and now waiting for my walsh set up. Elkas are a great shock. :D It did take me quite a while to dial them but once you do you will love them!

KingpinsEx
05-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by JW450R1
I HAVE THEM ALL THE WAY AROUND WITH REAR DUAL LINKAGE.I FINALLY GOT THEM SET UP RIGHT WITH REBOUND/COMPRESSION.I REALLY TOOK SOME TIME,BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.THERE AWESOME.HANDLING IS UNBELEIVEABLE.

Whats up with their rear linkage? I just purchased an axis rear shock, std. travel, could i run elka linkage with it and if so what are the advantages of this system over stock?

KingpinsEx
05-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Got to try out my set of elka fronts this weekend with axis rear. I was really impressed with how well they absorbed EVERYTHING. Nice and plush on the small bumps, trac straight and stays planted through the whoops, and handles big jumps no problem. I think i was beating my machine more then i was beating myself, for ONCE! They are really confindence inspiring, when you stop worrying about how your suspension is gonna buck or bottom out you can really ride. A couple times i thought i was in one of those hevous videos with the stuff i was trying. Elka makes a great shock and would recommend them to anyone looking for a great improvement to their quad.

04TRX400EX
05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I installed my Elka fronts and Elka-converted rear this last week and got to ride with them for a couple of hours. So far I have to say that they feel great. They are such a huge improvement over stock. I am not even that used to them yet but when I would ride my dad's stock 400 inbetween riding mine, it was like a night and day difference. The Elka's feel so much better over rough or uneven terrain and soak up all the bumps so your body doesn't have to! My favorite thing so far is the handling. The Elka's sit like 2" lower front and rear (ZPS) so the quad handles the turns like they're nothing. There was a couple of times that I took a turn too fast (or so I thought) but the quad just settled in and took it. My stock suspension would have probably launched me into the bushes.

Elka's are a great shock company. I highly recommend them :macho :)

tmoney
05-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah I finally got them in and mounted. I have ridden at a local track twice since last week. I rode there just before I put the Elkas on and then right after the difference is amazing. With my old works I bottomed out continuesly, launched sideways or crooked off jumps, and they wore me out. The Elkas solved everything and it sits lower so the turns are much easier. They dont wear me out as fast either. Totally worth it.

shaggyfrog
05-27-2006, 12:15 PM
What is the difference between "dual-rate" and "triple-rate"?? As you can tell i'm still learnin' :rolleyes:

tmoney
05-27-2006, 02:49 PM
price (like $200.00 more for triples) and has more adjustment options