PDA

View Full Version : Help With Jumping

WheelieMan4
05-08-2006, 04:57 PM
I just started to jump for the first time on saturday and sunday.
All I have done is a 40 ft. table top, but i guess its a start. but what i keep doing is that when i go off the jump, my front end doesnt wanna stay down..well the one went really far back, and i landed on my grab bar basically...i really messed up my back/tail bone and my left ankle is swollen up...i can barely walk on it.

but what can i do to keep my front end down? thanks...

450r51
05-08-2006, 05:03 PM
tap the rear brakes.

or on a smaller jump practice pushing ur nose down to land nicely on the landing.

or just practice, practice, practice.

05-08-2006, 05:03 PM
lean forward, learn to preload better

NacsMXer
05-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Sometimes it's just the nature of the lip and you will have to correct it in the air by pulling in the clutch and tapping the rear brake. A trick that is helpful to learn is a "belly up". You basically make the quad's front end come up intentionally by pulling up with your arms and then push back down to level the quad out before you land. Pushing down on the bars in the air helps a lot at times....I really do not have to tap the rear brake often if my front end comes up.

Another factor is the gear you hit the jump in. Sometimes if you hit a jump high in the RPM range of a gear, the front end will come up on you. Switching to a higher gear brings the RPM's down and will let you jump more level.

Practice is always the key though. The quad isn't going to jump itself and it isn't always going to fly straight. The most important thing is to start out small and practice your body english in the air. This will help you learn how to correct and throw your quad around if a jump sends you funny.

Kilabanshee
05-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah using both the front and rear breaks help to bring down the front end. Also if you let off the throttle it should drop alittle. Don't let off the throttle while on the face of the jump or you'll most likely nose dive and hurt yourself! You can also try positioning yourself towards the front of the quad on take off so the front end doesn't come up as much.

miller821
05-08-2006, 05:07 PM
What they all said... But don't keep on the gas the hole way through, cause that will cause the front end to come up... Be on the gas and right before it let off, then get back up on it.. That helps me.

zeppelin
05-08-2006, 05:08 PM
do you have race cut fenders? they help too.

yamablaster24
05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
just hit the thing as fast as you should then burp it on the face and let off, i know i used to sky over this table at my track landing on the rear using axle as suspension, then i learned to hit it a gear higher and let off on the last 5 feet on put my chest over the bars. Lands smooth now.

WheelieMan4
05-08-2006, 09:00 PM
see my back breaks are messed up right now and they dont work very good, i need to bleed them..thats y that wasnt working for me...i guess i just need to lean forward more!!

thanks alot guys...

trick250r
05-09-2006, 06:47 AM
before you take off, stand up but have your elbows, knees, and back bent. kind of like being crouched over, but still standing. if you have a problem with this jump shooting your nose up, lean forward and put your helmet right above your handle bars. i heard that from dana creech and it's always worked for me.

Mxjunkie
05-09-2006, 07:13 AM
Jumps smaller then your quad brap the throttle, jumps larger then your quad hold it wfo