PDA

View Full Version : Question....

jvd182
05-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Did suzuki make any changes to the ltr in the factory since it has come out(link, tranny), would it be best to buy a later producted model? Also is there any big changes you would think coudl happen would be worth waiting?

450r51
05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
i hope they do, cuz as u know jon, jesse blew his tranny at mapleshade and well it almost caused him a broken neck!

blholtz
05-08-2006, 08:28 PM
What in the tranny blew, does anyone know.

450r51
05-09-2006, 03:16 PM
when he tears it down and finds out what went wrong i will let u know

05-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Im still buyin a lt-r even with the frame supposidly being weak and tranny.. but If i were u I wouldn't I mean frames and tranny are 2 MAJOR problems on a atv.. I wont to know just out of curiousity.. when that guys tranny went out, what happened to him.. how did he almost break his neck?? just a question out of curiousity, I just wanted to know what a blown tranny can do to you.. never had it happen never want to either:scary:

450rJam
05-10-2006, 05:44 PM
the frame fix is to weld the entire lenght around the washers that hold the link to the frame, there is another post in here somewhere where a guy went to a dealer that had two ltr450's
one had been there a bit and the other only like a week, he knew what to look at and said the older one was welded on top and bottom and the newer delivery was welded all the way around.
the tranny is another situation.
IMO suzuki waited 3+ years to drop a 450 into the mix and after the weak z400 frames/axles they would have done a couple laps at the track for some research.
I think they will get it corrected and be a trend setter in the "stock wider quads" its just too bad they use their consumers as test pilots.

450r51
05-11-2006, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by showtime_#3
Im still buyin a lt-r even with the frame supposidly being weak and tranny.. but If i were u I wouldn't I mean frames and tranny are 2 MAJOR problems on a atv.. I wont to know just out of curiousity.. when that guys tranny went out, what happened to him.. how did he almost break his neck?? just a question out of curiousity, I just wanted to know what a blown tranny can do to you.. never had it happen never want to either:scary:

well it blew right before he went off the face of the jump, and it just went into neutral, he was in third gear about to launch off the jump when it went into neutral. it nose dived and landed on the front bumber, he flipped with the quad, and if he hadnt tucked his head it his neck would have been broken.