PDA

View Full Version : Dune noise limits ????

440EXR
08-05-2002, 07:59 PM
I am planning my first trip to Sand lake and then to Florence in Sept I have three bikes all modded for MX - two with a White bros E series - one with Sparks X-6 If I run the disks and spark aresstors in the white bros and a spark arrestor in the sparks pipe do you think Ill pass the noise levels allowed In the posted dune picts see these pipes on bikes all the time but they are LOUD! I dont want to rejet for our stock pipes just to make the thing pass
any advice????

Deathbringer
08-05-2002, 09:13 PM
If you search on here I already had a post on noise for Oregon..BTW if you see a white or brown truck on the dunes...go the other way... :D

Ohhhhh oh click me click me (http://209.120.142.52/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10874)

airheadedduner
08-05-2002, 11:23 PM
IF you run the wb in the quietest i think it will pass. as for the sparks, i don't know. Bring a stock silincer. Don't go to sand lake, flourence is way better. You will be board at sand lake after an hour. flourence db limit is 93db, sand lakes is 97or 99.

twisted threads
08-06-2002, 02:09 PM
I have never been bothered at SandLakes for noise but I have been chased by the cops at Flourence. I had a WB pipe on the Ex but I changed to a Yoshi. Like Deathbringer said if you see the white, green or brown truck turn the other way.:cool:

440EXR
08-06-2002, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys got any suggestions on campsites that are good for dune access

airheadedduner
08-06-2002, 10:38 PM
Driftwood 2 at siltcoos just outside of florence. Don the camphost is the greatest guy in the world and would help you with any problems. To bad he is leavin cause the gov. won';t let him open his own on site bike shop.

08-08-2002, 01:18 PM
what are the dune noise limits of st anthony's in idaho?

02exchic
08-08-2002, 02:36 PM
440EXR ~ If you have a 4X4 you can camp right on the sand. That's cheaper than the campgrounds, a little more fun too.....in my opinion. ;)

I would also choose Florence over Sand Lake any day. I have seen some pretty bad accidents at Sand Lake everytime I have been there. The area is too small for that many people on bikes and in trucks, and people ride/drive too fast a lot of the time.
Don't get me wrong though, you can still have a good time just keep your eyes open and BE CAREFUL.

ThorChick
08-08-2002, 06:06 PM
I definitely recommend Florence over Sandlake if you are looking for massive amounts of trails. The only problem is a lot of newcomers to Florence tend to get lost pretty easily, so for your first few times take someone who knows the area well. The thing I like about Sandlake is the night atmosphere. Its awesome for parties and you can ride all night long without problems. You also don't have the hassle of the sound cops. At Florence the sound cops aren't usually out very much except for big weekends and Sundays when there are a lot of people there. I have the White Brothers E-series pipes on my 300ex and I've crept past sound cops without them even glancing my way. The quads that the Florence cops patrol on are stock Warriors, so pretty much anyone can outrun them. If a cop patrolling in one of the trucks comes after you, just dart up a trail, they give up after a while because they're too afraid to hurt their precious trucks.
I don't really like staying at any of the campgrounds in Florence, but I know of a lot of good secluded places on the dunes where people won't be whipping through your camp.

440EXR
08-08-2002, 06:41 PM
Hey thanks everyone I appreciate all the adivce Just cant wait to get there (not able to go till Sept. 22 nd )hope the weather is good at that time. I picked up a quiet core for the white bros and I am going to make one for the sparks pipe and warriors are no prob We are going to have a motoer home and a 20FT trailer so dune camping is out I heard the Honeyman site is pretty good

ThorChick
08-08-2002, 08:52 PM
September 22nd is the weekend after my birthday so we may be there staying in a hotel to celebrate. We might take the quads to ride for a day, so if you need a tour guide let me know.