PDA

View Full Version : Tip Over Switch.

TRXDresh
05-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to let you guys in on a problem I had this weekend (User Error!). I was wiring up a kill switch, and I had all the plastic, the electrical bracket and relays pulled or unhooked. I put the kill switch on, and then tried to test it, but I had no fire at the plug. The other thing that concerned me was that the fuel injection light on the helm was blinking. After scratching my head (and knuts) for a while, I unplugged the relays to inspect the pins. I came across one that rattled when I messed with it. Long story short, I had found the tip over switch. If the tip over switch is oriented improperly on the bracket (you can turn it upside down, or put it on the wrong tab), or left hanging for that matter, the bike will not start, and you will get that FI/ error. If you happen to take the electronics loose from the bracket, make sure you get the tip over switch (noted on the outside of the "relay" by the word "UPWARDS") on the right tab and in the correct orientation. The correct tab is the horizontal tab in the middle of the bracket. I will try to post pictures tonight if I get a chance. Maybe you guys aren't as stupid as I am, but I thought I would inform you in case you mess with this in the future. Good luck and be safe. Peace.

wangchow06
05-09-2006, 07:30 AM
I also messed with it out of curiosity. It's a neat idea.

450rJam
05-12-2006, 05:02 AM
cool idea of a tip switch, alot of cars have fuel shut offs so when the car is in an accident it cuts the gas, I also found this out the hard way after my aunt had a small fender bender.
post the pics Im sure others will benifit

KWAD GAWD
05-16-2006, 10:21 PM
I took apart the TOS tonight, I secured the half circle thing in the middle with some silicon (on the front side only, you don't want to interfere with the sensor on the backside), put it back in the plastic case and remounted it.

I can see where this sucker will give you trouble if the bike shuts off mid air or mid-anything for that matter.