PDA

View Full Version : whats the most embarassing moments on your quad

2004400exa
05-08-2006, 01:24 PM
well i didnt have an ambarassing moment yet but im shur there are other people out there that prob havelol...:D

400exrules
05-08-2006, 01:27 PM
ran into my fence cuz i had no brakes lol.....uhhhh, barely made it around the first turn of my first harescramble and wrecked

2004400exa
05-08-2006, 01:29 PM
wait now i remember i was driving on the road and went into a cross way and it was my turn to go and it stalled right in the middle and and i took me a while to push it back and fourth to get it back in nuetral

trict_out
05-08-2006, 01:30 PM
flippin a scrambler 500 backwards at about 50 mph:o

NacsMXer
05-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Go outside to the shed. Turn key on. Turn fuel on. Pump the thottle a few times. Crank Crank Crank Crank Crank Crank Crank...Nothing. WTF!?? normally starts right up. Got gas, got spark, what the hell is going on?? 10 minutes later after checking the electrical system and everything else I look at my ProDesign killswitch and realize I am an idiot....I left the tether cord in my room :p :blah:

JRP
05-08-2006, 01:45 PM
i was on the track ridin in practice, and flipped over the bars, and got up and tried to start my quad, 30+kicks and nothing and i looked down and my teather was off. lmoa, it sucked

05-08-2006, 01:47 PM
haha I do that with my tether too.

miller821
05-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Sitting on my quad revving it up in first gear, popped the clutch pulling back hard and bam! Fell right on the ground.

ugottabayou
05-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Well trying to freestyle on my bayou is embarrasing enough.... But one time I got the thing halfway submerged into a pond on probably a 45degree angle, took 6 of us to get it out. And another I was standing on the rack riding a wheelie so I took my left hand off the grip and put it behind my back, ended up losing balance and then the front wheels hit the ground it was turned clear to the right... so I ate dirt on that one.

And you would roll over laughing if you saw some of my landings with that thing at waynoka... (titanium could back me up on that one)

Pvt. Maggot
05-08-2006, 02:08 PM
I was riding wheelies standing on my bumper, and somehow managed to run myself over, and my quad kept going. Had to chase it down, it was heading right for the road hah :chinese:

trick250r
05-08-2006, 02:17 PM
not believing what people say about the 450R's front brakes. i swear that if i'd have been going faster, i could have done a complete front flip.

400exrules
05-08-2006, 02:41 PM
yah, and ive left my gas off several times and forgot, or ive hit the killswitch with my thumb on accident and wonder why the hell it wont start back up again lol

PismoLocal
05-08-2006, 02:54 PM
When I first bought my quad I thought it would be cool to ride a wheelie while I was on my handlebars. I sat on my bars and accidently sat on the throttle cable i heard the engine roar, I was on a hill and I statred rolling down it I squeezed in the clutch and grabbed the break but the grass was wet and I started sliding down anyways toward a huge pile of wood/brush as I picked up speed I let go of the brake and popped off the handle bars to the left of my quad and it shot into the wood pile at full throttle in 2nd gear. I didnt get hurt and nothing broke on my quad so it wasn't to bad. I spent about a half an hour fishing it out of the wood pile, and then I spent about a week hearing about how funny it was. That was like almost 3 years ago and it still get brought up everytime I go over to my buddies ranch to ride.

Hon300ex
05-08-2006, 03:25 PM
this didnt happen to me, but my friend was standing on his seat doing wheelies and then he went to do a stoppie and he flipped over the handlebars:devil: haha it was funny and he tried to make it look normal

underpowered
05-08-2006, 03:51 PM
showing off, doing wheelie's and such. went to put legs on bars to do a wheelie and stood it on the grab bar. Has happend many times, LOL.:D

fasterblaster09
05-08-2006, 04:15 PM
one time i was showing off in front of some girls on my drag bike, and one yelled at me and i turned to wave and made it look like i didnt need to look where i was going. next thing i know i was upside down under my bike... and was riding wheelies on my 300ex and fell off and it rolled through a ditch onto the highway, about 10 cars stopped and had to wait for me to run and get it.pretty embarrassing, and hurt alot too lol

NacsMXer
05-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
one time i was showing off in front of some girls on my drag bike, and one yelled at me and i turned to wave and made it look like i didnt to look where i was going. next thing i know i was upside down under my bike... and was riding wheelies on my 300ex and fell off and it rolled through a ditch onto the highway, about 10 cars stopped and had to wait for me to run and get it.

Looking over at a chick will get you every time lol.

miller821
05-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Looking over at a chick will get you every time lol.
But its almost always worth it. Cause then they all come running over to you when you wreck, and check to see if your okay:devil:

05-08-2006, 05:17 PM
i was going down the raod and i forgot they dug the ditches and i was going into a feild and i was going about 30mph and locked up the brakes and hit the ditch and fliped over the handlebars :p

about 1 year ago on my trx500

ZeroLogic
05-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I got one my brother did yesterday. After about a month and a half we finnaly finish rebuilding his quad, stripped the frame rebuilt the engine ect ect. Well it starts up fine and everything runs great. My brother takes it up the hill and it started to break up real bad. When he comes back my dad and I were like ****!. . After arguing what is worng with it for about ten minutes, my brother remembers he left the choke on.:rolleyes: :o :p

DOHC
05-08-2006, 05:23 PM
mine was on my crf 250 (dirtbike) just got her and i was flying down thorugh some trails made a fast pass around my friend and didnt realise the trail ended so fast, slamed te brakes on but my foot came off the rear brake and i fliped my brand new bike into a tree lmao, or possibly the time the po po got me lol, i was showing off by my school while the girls had soccor practise and the teacher called the cops on me cause of my bike (chm full system on a crf 250 102 decibal sound level) anyways long story short i made a run for it and got caught cause i ran out of fuel lol

Honda TRX250ex
05-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I got one my brother did yesterday. After about a month and a half we finnaly finish rebuilding his quad, stripped the frame rebuilt the engine ect ect. Well it starts up fine and everything runs great. My brother takes it up the hill and it started to break up real bad. When he comes back my dad and I were like ****!. . After arguing what is worng with it for about ten minutes, my brother remembers he left the choke on.:rolleyes: :o :p :cuss:

440racer66
05-08-2006, 07:05 PM
was racing my first race and it was the second moto and i was i second. i hit a pretty big single and my arm caut my kill and i was sittin there cussin tryin to start my bike back up when i looked down i saw it dangling from my pants i was like dang i lost 3 positions..... it sucked

JRP
05-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I got one my brother did yesterday. After about a month and a half we finnaly finish rebuilding his quad, stripped the frame rebuilt the engine ect ect. Well it starts up fine and everything runs great. My brother takes it up the hill and it started to break up real bad. When he comes back my dad and I were like ****!. . After arguing what is worng with it for about ten minutes, my brother remembers he left the choke on.:rolleyes: :o :p

lmao i gotta story about that.... I took my 300ex out for a spin during the winter, and i was slidding it and it keept on bogging and stuff. I was like wtf, i looked down and the choke was on. lmao, that stupid **** always gets me.

05-08-2006, 07:19 PM
thats y i took off my choke :)

fast_enough
05-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I have a good one, that goes with the chicks thing, I was showing off riding a wheelie across a circular pond damn. And I was leaning hard to the left to steer, and I hit a small hole sending me sideways into the pond. Very embarrassing

05-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Haha, I just remembered one. OK so I was riding one day and I didnt feel like wearing my gloves and I took them off and threw them under my seat. So I was riding, and I started to bog out and my YFZ died, I thought it was out of gas so I put it on reserve and tried to ride home. Well that didnt work, it would start so I had to push it home. When I get to my house my friend and his girlfriend was there and his g/f's brother is one of the best MXers in our town and races national level. Anyway I roll up to my driveway and my driveway is up hill, so I kept trying to push it up but it wasn't working, and my friend didnt help. So I got a water bottle, drained some gas from my Lakota and Breeze and put it my YFZ, still no start. I kept trying and I got it started for like 5 seconds but it was enough to get up the flat spot on my driveway. So anyway, the next day I wanna go riding and I tried starting it up since I just filled the tank up. It wouldn't start, and this quad is brand new so I was like ooooooohhhhhhhhhh ****. Then my dad came out and he was pissed because he thought I broke it already. Yea so, I take off my seat, and found out my gloves were blocking the hole that the air gets in on my air lid. I took off and it started right up. It sucked:o

Mxjunkie
05-08-2006, 08:06 PM
kicking my banshee for 30 min checking every connection etc. turns out the teather cord was stuck to me still..

:scary:

DieselBoy
05-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by fast_enough
I have a good one, that goes with the chicks thing, I was showing off riding a wheelie across a circular pond damn. And I was leaning hard to the left to steer, and I hit a small hole sending me sideways into the pond. Very embarrassing

LMFAO I can just picture it now Morgan - Clumbsy bugger:p

05-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
kicking my banshee for 30 min checking every connection etc. turns out the teather cord was stuck to me still..

:scary:

30 minutes!!!!! Thats pretty bad dude. U should of been checking things out after the first few kicks lol

Probly my most embarrassing moment was when i flipped my 400 on top of me at a track with my boot caught in the nerf bar. I couldnt get my foot out for a whole minute n my dad was watching n couldnt see me under the quad. He thought i got knocked out or something n about chit himself.

05-08-2006, 08:18 PM
lol Just though of another one, but It happened to my friend, I already posted it on here though. Anyway me and a friend went riding at some new sport and he was on his 250eslowx. So we where coming back to get food and all of sudden he stops, but I kept going. After like 10 minutes he comes running into the parking lot and hes like " My belt slipped off" So we hopped on his dads Rincon to tow it across the street and woods to the parking lot. So we tie the quads up and I'm on the 250 and he starts going, we moved good for a second then the 250s wheels locked up. I thought it was in gear so I looked at the wheels and they where completely sideways. I'm like ooohhhh shiiit so I get off the quad and look at it. The swingarm cracked in half and the only thing holding the one half of the swingarm to the frame was the shock. So me and my freind started laughing lol. We picked it up and dragged it across the street, while we were doing that so many parts just fell out hah. So we get it over and he tells his dad, his dad was soooooooo pissed. It turns out that the bolts that hold the belt drive or w.e together came loose and broke then the pressure of riding cracked the other side of the swing arm. That quad has been through so much, getting destroyed casing every jump at Etown, having a friggen tree branch go thru the oil cooler and plastics, and other little **** and now a cracked swing arm. He brought it to the Honda dealer to see if they would warranty it and all he said was the guys where like " what the **** did you do!?

oh mannnnn
R.I.PChris's250EX

http://myspace-149.vo.llnwd.net/00121/94/14/121434149_l.jpg
http://myspace-207.vo.llnwd.net/00415/70/29/415999207_l.jpg
http://myspace-756.vo.llnwd.net/00599/65/72/599682756_l.jpg
http://myspace-131.vo.llnwd.net/00644/13/16/644156131_l.jpg
http://myspace-980.vo.llnwd.net/00644/08/94/644154980_l.jpg

Mxjunkie
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
30 minutes!!!!! Thats pretty bad dude. U should of been checking things out after the first few kicks lol

Probly my most embarrassing moment was when i flipped my 400 on top of me at a track with my boot caught in the nerf bar. I couldnt get my foot out for a whole minute n my dad was watching n couldnt see me under the quad. He thought i got knocked out or something n about chit himself.

hahah man I was checking all the wiring, checked if it had gas, I put new plugs in it and saw if it had spark, I was like wtf!?

hartnett18
05-08-2006, 08:42 PM
the killswitch problem happend with me lol i had just installed it so i wasnt used to it being in. so me and my friend sat for bout 30 minutes tryin evreything to get my bike to run then i look on my chest protecter and saw my tether hanging i was like wtf. this whole timeeeeee...

fast_enough
05-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
LMFAO I can just picture it now Morgan - Clumbsy bugger:p

Oh great, hes went from Canadian to Australian lol

NET450r350x
05-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I'm like ooohhhh shiiit so I get off the quad and look at it. The swingarm cracked in half and the only thing holding the one half of the swingarm to the frame was the shock. So me and my freind started laughing lol. We picked it up and dragged it across the street, while we were doing that so many parts just fell out hah. So we get it over and he tells his dad, his dad was soooooooo pissed. That quad has been through so much, getting destroyed casing every jump at Etown, having a friggen tree branch go thru the oil cooler and plastics, and other little **** and now a cracked swing arm. He brought it to the Honda dealer to see if they would warranty it and all he said was the guys where like " what the **** did you do!?

Wow. It’s amazing how many kids there are on this forum that take care such great care of the 4-wheelers that mommy and daddy buy for them. Maybe once they start buying things for themselves they’ll start being a little more responsible. :ermm:

Anyways, my most embarrassing moment is when I got my 350x (which I paid for). I thought I was pretty hot stuff so I took it to school and was riding around in the parking lot. I did a high speed run with it and tried slowing down for a corner. I forgot I blew out my rear brakes earlier in the week so I only had the front tire to slow me down. Well, I didn't quite make the corner and my back tire clipped a cement post. It sent me flying, both my shoes got thrown off in mid air, 3-wheeler went tumbling. I survived with a little but of road-rash. I didn't think it was too funny at the time, but now my friends and I just laugh about it.

05-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by NET450r350x
Wow. It’s amazing how many kids there are on this forum that take care such great care of the 4-wheelers that mommy and daddy buy for them. Maybe once they start buying things for themselves they’ll start being a little more responsible. :ermm:

Anyways, my most embarrassing moment is when I got my 350x (which I paid for). I thought I was pretty hot stuff so I took it to school and was riding around in the parking lot. I did a high speed run with it and tried slowing down for a corner. I forgot I blew out my rear brakes earlier in the week so I only had the front tire to slow me down. Well, I didn't quite make the corner and my back tire clipped a cement post. It sent me flying, both my shoes got thrown off in mid air, 3-wheeler went tumbling. I survived with a little but of road-rash. I didn't think it was too funny at the time, but now my friends and I just laugh about it.

i would have never went back to school if that happened to me :p

Johnny & Monica
05-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Mine would have to be when I was riding an old 110 3-wheeler. We were at Finger Lakes near Columbia, Missouri. I came down this hill and the brakes weren't working,my left leg got stuck under the rear wheel. I was picking up speed and heading for the beach below. I ran over some guys beach towel and sunglasses and right out into the old rock quarry lake. I was scared when I went in the lake this place has some deep holes in it. Anyway the guy who has his stuff laying on the beach didn't even ask if I was OK just ran over and picked up his sand filled towel and his broken sunglasses and stomped off. The whole time Johnny is standing on the beach laughing his /// off. I was so embarrassed but glad to be alive LOL

hondardr4life
05-09-2006, 04:32 AM
Mine would have been when I still had the 300. I was pulling it into the garage, and my friend was behind me on the arctic cat. I figured I't would be funny if i threw rocks all over him. Well, I revved it up and dropped the clutch, and sure enough the tires caught traction instead of spinning. It wheelied, and I got it under control, but when the front came back down, all I saw was the side of the building, and before I could think, I smashed straight into it. Unfortunately I had shorts on, and my leg hit my pipe and gave me a nice burn about 4 inches long by 2 inches wide. I sure felt like an ***.