PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in N.J.

hondagirl3175
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that friends went riding this past sunday and got hammered with tickets. First they went to clayton and were chased by 3 jeeps and eventually got caught one by one and got handed a $280 fine. They left went alittle further south to another sand pit and cops found thier trucks and got $130 present left on them. In some ways i am glad thta i was in a car accident and cant ridr right now. This is ridiculous....:mad:

ducman998r
05-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Anyone hear anything about Sarco or Gliddens??

hondagirl3175
05-08-2006, 12:30 PM
those are the two i am talking about.

MR.BIG
05-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah my buddies were riding down there about 2 weeks ago and got fined $280. It's crazy all of that land and they won't let you ride it. NJ sucks anymore when it comes to riding.

Dale@AGP
05-09-2006, 05:51 AM
If you want to change things in New Jersey you need to join NJOHVA New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association.

There website is http://www.njohva.org

Dale

President of New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org

Director of Atlantic Grand Prix series http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Over-land 450r
05-09-2006, 05:45 PM
if its privet property u cant change it. Yea it sucks but you have to live wit it

CD400EX
05-09-2006, 06:48 PM
I was at Glidden's Sunday when this happened. worst part is, I drove 1 1/2 hrs to get there and only rode for 1/2 an hour.

We rode the Monday after Easter for an entire day with a few locals and didnt have any problems.

I was at the back pit by the pond when they came out of the woods. I flew across the pit to my truck, threw the quad in the back real fast and drove out with all my gear still on. I met up with my buddy in the woods between the pit and Whitecomb ave to load up his quad and get the hell out of there.

At least we got away

The place further south is Sarco. Not surprising the cops ticketed the trucks. We were going to head down there but decided it would be a better idea not to.

hondagirl3175- were your freinds towing two Raptors with a lowered white 2 door tahoe?

CD400EX
05-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Dale@AGP
If you want to change things in New Jersey you need to join NJOHVA New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association.

There website is http://www.njohva.org

Dale

President of New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org

Director of Atlantic Grand Prix series http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Dale, please do not take offense to this, but how is your racing project going to get us our pits back?

I mean, its great what your doing but some of us would rather free-ride in the sand pits than compete on a race track. I've seen you post a lot and haven't seen anything about helping to save the pits.

But if you do have a plan to regain acess for people to use the pits responsably, I want to be involved!

hondagirl3175
05-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by CD400EX
I was at Glidden's Sunday when this happened. worst part is, I drove 1 1/2 hrs to get there and only rode for 1/2 an hour.

We rode the Monday after Easter for an entire day with a few locals and didnt have any problems.

I was at the back pit by the pond when they came out of the woods. I flew across the pit to my truck, threw the quad in the back real fast and drove out with all my gear still on. I met up with my buddy in the woods between the pit and Whitecomb ave to load up his quad and get the hell out of there.

At least we got away

The place further south is Sarco. Not surprising the cops ticketed the trucks. We were going to head down there but decided it would be a better idea not to.

hondagirl3175- were your freinds towing two Raptors with a lowered white 2 door tahoe?

They had a bunch of trucks with them the one he was driving was a blue s-10 p/u zr2 with a white raptor in bed and banshee on trailor. The p/u is mine that i let them use and they get a ticket on it...stupid me huh..:blah:

polaris bob
05-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I hate to say this, but, ..........

They knew that they were trespassing, what did they expect?

To be welcomed with open arms?

Sorry to say, it is people like your friends that give all of us off road riders a bad name.

Maybe if they get fined enough money or get their quads taken away, they might learn a lesson. Either get permission to ride on someone else's land, or stay the hell off of it!!

Hey, I got a great idea, post up the address of your friends parents house's and we can all go over there and tear around in their back yard for a while and see how they feel about it afterwards.

Do you think they would mind???

Dale@AGP
05-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Unfortunately the real issue with private land owners is insurance.

If your in the sand mining industry, your operation is considered an attractive nuisance by your insurance provider.

And as a sand mine owner your probably paying some of the highest insurance rates in the country.

We also have the highest rate of lawsuits of any state in the country, which just compounds matters more.

So that leads to the other problem...to keep their rates down they have to make an effort of proof that they are doing something to police their property and keep us out.

For the police and the community to get involved and cover the manpower hours they have to issue tickets and fines.

What really sucks is that a lot of these law enforcement guys, are just like us. They ride Quads and Dirt Bikes and unfortunately theyÕre just doing their jobs.

If you want to change things you need to join the New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org and get involved!

ThereÕs currently 3 really bad bills being proposed in the Statehouse in Trenton that would increase fines and penalties for operating an ATV or Dirt Bike anywhere in the state.

Here's two of the Bills:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A2500/2346_I1.HTM

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A1500/1322_I1.HTM

If you want to change things, join (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org and get involved!

Dale

ducman998r
05-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Where did they ticket the trucks? On the street? I usually bury mine somewhere in the woods.

CD400EX
05-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by polaris bob
I hate to say this, but, ..........

They knew that they were trespassing, what did they expect?

To be welcomed with open arms?

Sorry to say, it is people like your friends that give all of us off road riders a bad name.

Maybe if they get fined enough money or get their quads taken away, they might learn a lesson. Either get permission to ride on someone else's land, or stay the hell off of it!!

Hey, I got a great idea, post up the address of your friends parents house's and we can all go over there and tear around in their back yard for a while and see how they feel about it afterwards.

Do you think they would mind???

Do you or have you ever lived and try to ride in NJ? EVERYWHERE is "someone's land" and EVERYONE is scared of being sued, since the insurance companys decide who gets sued and who doesn't. Weather it's a private land owner (greedy developer), or the State Park Commision (greenies with badges). Sorry, I prefer to ride my quad not stare at it in the garage waiting for legal land to magically apear.

Originally posted by ducman998r
Where did they ticket the trucks? On the street? I usually bury mine somewhere in the woods.

As far as I'm concerned, thats the only reason I managed to get away. They didnt look for my truck in the pit.

Hopefully this Antracite Coal Facility project works, and Clayton Brick/Hovnanian take notice

Coolidge
05-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Do you or have you ever lived and try to ride in NJ? EVERYWHERE is "someone's land" and EVERYONE is scared of being sued, since the insurance companys decide who gets sued and who doesn't. Weather it's a private land owner (greedy developer), or the State Park Commision (greenies with badges). Sorry, I prefer to ride my quad not stare at it in the garage waiting for legal land to magically apear.

As far as I'm concerned, thats the only reason I managed to get away. They didnt look for my truck in the pit.

Hopefully this Antracite Coal Facility project works, and Clayton Brick/Hovnanian take notice

...Looks like its time to get the f*** out of New Jersey

maverrickid
05-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Believe it or not it is illegal to chase you on your quad. A atv is a vehicle, and a pursiut is illegal in the state of NJ. If you turn and run there response is suppose to be not to engage in the chase. My brother is a cop in NJ, he told me to flee because the chase is illegal. Those places have been hot and cold since the late 80's. I have written several emails to Senators and people at the local level know one ever responds. If local dealers and manufactures dont get involved then the problem is a done deal. They still want to put a 300 homes in sarco, but the dep has not approved it yet.

KiethShwiggy300
05-10-2006, 07:04 PM
I went riding at Sacro and it was fine theyre was absolutley no one theyre. I parked in a normal parking lot too. Do cops actually have quads that they chase you on?

CD400EX
05-10-2006, 07:49 PM
They had marked Jeep Cherokees on Sunday at Gliddens. They do not know how to drive either. The one that was chasing me nose dived against a whoop so hard I thought his airbags were going to blow out.

hondagirl3175
05-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ducman998r

He parked it in the street b/c one of his friends was a baby and didnt want to drive in (he has a 4wd truck but is a baby with it) at sarco.with the gliddins thing he was running to go back to the truck and leave but they had a newbie to the place with them that stopped for the cops and then led them to where they were parked....so needless to say the kid that stoped no tickets and all the rest got them. What a j/o. guess the newbie isnt going riding anymore....

polaris bob.... both my friend and i are respectful riders and have been riding at these places for years. You should not put all riders in the same catagory. If it wasnt for some few riders that have not a care in the world riding around without helmets and ruining peoples property b/c mommy and daddy bought them everything riding wouldnt be an issue.

polaris bob
05-11-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by hondagirl3175

polaris bob.... both my friend and i are respectful riders and have been riding at these places for years. You should not put all riders in the same category. If it wasn't for some few riders that have not a care in the world riding around without helmets and ruining peoples property b/c mommy and daddy bought them everything riding wouldn't be an issue.

So basically what you are saying is, that because you have been trespassing there for years, that this makes it alright?

If this is not your land, and it is not a public riding area, and if it is private land that you do not have permission to ride on, then you are trespassing. Plain and simple!

The fact that people have ridden there for years and years does not make it right. It just means that people have been trespassing there for years and years.

How can you be a respectful rider if you constantly trespass on another persons land?

The answer is simple, either get permission to ride on the private land or get involved in your area's quad association and do something about it thru the proper channels to get the land put aside to be able to ride on legally!

Dale@AGP
05-11-2006, 06:18 AM
Hey Guys,

I donÕt want to make anyone paranoid but the environmental NaziÕs are watching just about every off-road bulletin board out there.

NJDEP has environmental collage interns that have nothing better to do than surf the web all day looking for anything with ÒNJ ATVÕsÓ or ÒNJ Where to rideÓ and the list just goes on.

Recently I was told by people in law enforcement that they get notified on a weekly basis from NJDEP of where people going to be riding illegally on their OHVÕs based on discussions like this pulled from Web Bulletin boards.

An example of this is something I recently posted on Thumpertalk, that was copied and pasted in a Environmental Conservation Blog in Fly Rod and Reel.

NOTE THAT THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF HOW THESE NAZIÕS WORK!

THIS IS THE LINK OF THE COPIED DISCUSSION: http://www.flyrodreel.com/index.php/page/blog/?p=332

THIS IS THE LINK OF THE COPIED DISCUSSION FROM THUMPERTALK: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354515&parentpage=11

Watch what you say and if you want to give someone directions you had better know the person and send them a personnel message by email and not post it in public.

Dale

94F450SD
05-11-2006, 08:21 AM
that is the reason that we have a board to post riding places on.and I as a moderator on that board do as much as i can to check people out the best i can to keep tree huggers and police out of the closed forums.

Dale@AGP
05-11-2006, 10:10 AM
They're sneeky basterds...a lot of the time they don't post...they just watch.

Dale

doc-bones
05-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Polaris Bob,
Obviously by the words you write you are an idiot. Also confirmed by the quad you ride! Enough said.
Doc

94F450SD
05-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Dale@AGP
They're sneeky basterds...a lot of the time they don't post...they just watch.

Dale

thats why the rideing areas forums are closed till one of the moderators let you in.

unless you sign into the regional forums you dont see that any posts have been made in them.

check it out, www.atvnewengland.com .we dont have a NJ. forum but they may consider putting one up as only 2 of the forums are used at the moment

MR.BIG
05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by doc-bones
Polaris Bob,
Obviously by the words you write you are an idiot. Also confirmed by the quad you ride! Enough said.
Doc

That's funny

:eek2:

bananas
05-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Very Funny!!!!!!!!

optikid123
05-11-2006, 04:47 PM
im guessing he aint from jersey or he woulda known

CD400EX
05-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Do you or have you ever lived and try to ride in NJ?

Polaris bob, please answer my question. thank you.

As I said before, if you don’t live here, you don't know what it's like. Telling us we're making you look bad is preposterous because if you lived here, you'd probably be riding with us :rolleyes: That or your quad would sit in the garage and never get ridden because you're too "respectful of a rider" (get over yourself) to ride where theres a chance you might not be wanted.

It's easy to tell who in this thread has no clue what it's like to try and ride in this state and are just on their soapbox talking out of their asses.

97blaster200
05-11-2006, 07:08 PM
new jersey sucks!:mad:

Dale@AGP
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Man...this is a tough crowd!

I forgot, I'm from NuJerze.

Dale:D

pit/wood
05-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Boy I am glad this is a free country,we can just choose which laws we want to pay attention to,when they suit our needs. I bet if you choose to move to an area that you can have access to riding spots, when you choose to buy your quad, you would not have to break the law to ride it. knowing you were going to tresspass to ride it indicates you have no respect for another persons property.

If I was to ride through your back yard you would not like it one bit. Does it matter who owns the place you want to ride? It is thier property and they can do what they want to with it as long as it is within the law.

At one time in your life hopefully someone tried to teach you respect for the property of others.

If I stole your quad you would want the law to find and arrest me,and/or want to kick my ***. At the very least you would be convinced I was wrong for dissrespecting your property.

You cant have it both ways.

If you have children I hope you do a better job of teaching them respect than you did of learning it.

Dont expect to get any respect,as an atv rider,If you are not willing to respect others property rights.

And dont come off saying it is a victimless crime,because if you do you are admitting it is a crime.

I am not perfect in any way,I did my share of tresspassing when I was younger. It cost me more than money. As long as parents buy dirtbikes and atvs for kids that have no place to ride we will be having this disscussion. If you grow up riding where you want all your life that does not make it right.

Its no wonder that people that live in citys get hassled by cops just for pulling thier quad out of thier garage to load up and go someplace where they can ride. Thats what the cops see you as because that is all they see of atv riders in the populated areas where there is no legal place to ride.

I offer my place to all riders who are good people. If you want to be badass and dissrespectfull you can go ride somewhere you will get to pay the cost of your attitude. I have a few riders here that do as you speak of,but they are still young and dumb and have a long ways to go. The one thing they do have is a place to ride here in my sandbox, and that is a start.

Hey polarisbob,you can ride here anytime,but you gotta jump the creek!

What you put out there will come back to you,its just a matter of time and numbers.

doc-bones
05-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Another winner who was brought up right?!@#$%
Again another out of STATER with an opinion. Opinions are like A--holes, everybody has them. Who said we ride in peoples yards etc??? You assume too much. That is what uniformed big mouths do! We here in N.J. have miles and miles of wooded terrain etc with no houses in sight. You do not have to ride in anyones yards etc. In most cases it is state owned land or private. However the private is not lived on by owners. The amount of land is unreal. I can leave my house and easily ride 100 miles without seeing same trail twice. And I do not have to ride in peoples yards. You Pit/Wood and MR. GOOD AKA Polaris Bob should continue supporting the brownies and girl scouts. Do youself a favor though....... Don`t visit us here in N.J. as the riding I am sure would be too difficult for both you girls and you would prabably get hurt!!:eek2:

pit/wood
05-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Ignorance is bliss,enjoy your life.

ny300exrider
05-12-2006, 08:24 AM
my opinion on the subject is: if you do not have experience on what it is like to riding in nj/long island/nyc/etc, then you should keep the opinions to yourself. although it sounds like we are "criminals" for riding on land that we dont have permission to ride on, or we have to run from enforcement, its just the way it is. until some laws change and we get some legal places to ride that arent mx tracks, it will continue to stay the same way. i myself ride illegaly although i dont like to admit it. i most definitly dont ride in people's backyards, but i ride on powerlines,sandpits,and other stuff like that. just the other day in the newspaper, 19 tickets/impounds were given out over the weekend in my area at ONE SPOT first offences. I will not even get close to giving information about where i ride because within a week it would be infested with enforcement. when the only legal spot to ride on long island is a crowded motocross track, how is it not expected that people are going to be riding illegally. i guess what im trying to say is, dont judge us for the way we ride. not everybody can drive hours away just to ride some trails on their quad and until some action is taken, it will continue.

94F450SD
05-12-2006, 09:16 AM
its the same down here,except we do have some state forests to ride in but for me to get to them would be a 2 1/2 -4 hour ride.its not worth the drive to ride in a forest.im not a trail person.i ride them but dont like trails all the time.i like sand pits and stuff like that.

i had a great place to ride right behind my house.all the nieghbors ride there and nobody cared till a nosey mental nieghbor didnt like where my friend parked his truck because her friend couldnt park there.its not even her driveway to worry about,its an empty trailer.instead of asking us to move the truck she called the cops.the environmental cop showed up and gave me a ticket for riding on the street and no helmet.the street i was on is a private road that my rent pays for.the city doesnt plow,sand,or repair the road.my landlord does it.the EP had no bussiness even comeing in here.its a private property trailer park(yes im trailer trash).now i dont go near the woods out back cuz i now they are out there waiting.they even have a helicopter fly over the woods on the weekends.

there is one city with a sandpit that people have been riding and 4 wheeling in for YEARS.the land owner has givin verbal permission but wont give written permission due to the fear of a lawsuit if somebody gets hurt.the city cops dont mind as long as the bikes are kept inside the pit.the EP that patrols that area dont mind as long as the bikes are registered and kept in the pit.but of course we have the guys that ruin it by riding on the street when there is no need for it.but it gets boreing after the first 10 rides there.

ive never riden on a track and i know im not good enough to get on a track yet.jumping still freaks me out a little but still there aint no tracks close to me.

QuadRacer041
05-12-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm from Jersey, have been living here all my life and riding on and off for over 20 years. I agree with polaris bob and Pit. It's against the law to ride where some of you ride and thats that. You obviously have a driver's license. Drive to the ORV park, there is Dist 6 where you can race and rec ride at. There are plenty of places to ride at in PA and NY for those of you who live in North Jersey like me these places are the same distance as driving to the illegal places you ride at. Now they may not be open sand dunes but hey thats life. You want dunes go to Glamis. This is the state you live in, those are the rules, if you dont like it, MOVE. This may sound harsh but its true. Unfortunatly we are not as lucky as some other states and riding here is tuff, in my opinion its our own fault. Maybe not you or me personaly but the people who ruien(sp?) it for the rest of us. Drinking, partying, smoking, starting fires, etc.
Dale is trying his best to give us in Nj a race series but because of all the F up's in the past from others its very difficult. Come and race and ride in this legal series, help support riding LEGALLY in Nj and maybe we can get some spots back.
Or go to the web sites Dale mentioned and do something about getting our riding spots back and stop crying like GIRLS.

doc-bones
05-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Actually,
I have no issues with the police here in beautiful N.J. Actually a few of my crew are cops State and Local. OOPS.. I am new to riding here, I started in 1971. I do not see myself or the crew I ride with ever stopping riding on our beautiful N.J. lands. And yes, I do have 2 quads in storage in Yuma, AZ. for the several trips a year out to Glamis etc. Unfortunately its you out of towners the Police like to write tickets to. Other than out west, we have some of the best riding on the East coast! It sounds like there are 3 on this forum that are better off staying on legal over crowded groomed tracks. To each their own. Where ever you ride, be safe and just enjoy it. If you do not ride illegally you will definitely have a place in heaven, however mind your own business.
Sincerely,
Docbones

QuadRacer041
05-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Actually,
I have no issues with the police here in beautiful N.J. Actually a few of my crew are cops State and Local. OOPS.. I am new to riding here, I started in 1971. I do not see myself or the crew I ride with ever stopping riding on our beautiful N.J. lands. And yes, I do have 2 quads in storage in Yuma, AZ. for the several trips a year out to Glamis etc. Unfortunately its you out of towners the Police like to write tickets to. Other than out west, we have some of the best riding on the East coast! It sounds like there are 3 on this forum that are better off staying on legal over crowded groomed tracks. To each their own. Where ever you ride, be safe and just enjoy it. If you do not ride illegally you will definitely have a place in heaven, however mind your own business.
Sincerely,
Docbones

So you and your CREW, who are cops themselves are breaking the law. But i guess they're cops, so if you guys get caught you have a get out of jail free card, not all of us have that. That's why you have no issue's with the cops there. This is my bussiness its my state too. Like you said to each thier own so if you want to ride illegaly thats your purogative i have no problem with that but when people come on here and biatch about getting tickets and cops being aholes i do have an issue with that. Comming here and warning people to watch out for cops in a certain area is cool , but dont blame the cops for bustin balls if your riding where you arent supposed to.

doc-bones
05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Quadracer041,
How is riding in Ocean County your business when you live a couple hours up north like in Bergen County? You might as well be an out of Stater with an opinion! As far as I know you do not ride here, therefore like I posted earlier mind your own business. You do not here me crying about any police.
Docbones

Dale@AGP
05-12-2006, 09:33 PM
I think the majority of private landowners wouldn’t have a problem with people riding on their property if they stayed away from sensitive areas like active mining areas or the areas were they store their sands and other materials.

Recently we were asked by the owner to stay a way from their facility because they’ve been having problems with people coming down and riding their white sand piles that if your in the business is considered white gold.

Apparently it was posted on a web forum as the place to ride if you like riding sand dunes.

It’s gotten to the point that every Monday they have to rewash the sand before they can sell it.

In other words it’s costing them a lot of money because riders drag the red clay dirt on to the white sand.

Now this is a very big gravel pit that’s been used for illegal riding for years and up until now the landowner has not had people arrested for trespassing, it was largely ignored because up until recently they stayed out of the active sand mine.

What really pisses the landowner off is that the riders are just plain rude, in one instance a guy rode around one of the operators that was moving a dredge line and spun donuts around him and then gave the operator the finger for no apparent reason.

If you want to change things stop *****ing and get involved, call your Assemblyman or State Senator and let them know how you fell and demand you want something done. You’d be surprised that they actually listing especially if they’re getting a lot of calls telling them that they aren’t doing their job representing you.

Dale

P.S. I always try to ride with my friends that are cops…especially those that are State Troopers.

QuadRacer041
05-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Quadracer041,
How is riding in Ocean County your business when you live a couple hours up north like in Bergen County? You might as well be an out of Stater with an opinion! As far as I know you do not ride here, therefore like I posted earlier mind your own business. You do not here me crying about any police.
Docbones

This is my state too, so people like you who ride where it is not legal is my bussiness. It's people like you who wreck it for the rest of us.
Hey I like how you just avoided my whole get out of jail free comment, because you know it's true. I bet the congressmen and women would be thrilled if they know that your cop buddys were breakin the law......:rolleyes:

polaris bob
05-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by pit/wood
Boy I am glad this is a free country,we can just choose which laws we want to pay attention to,when they suit our needs. I bet if you choose to move to an area that you can have access to riding spots, when you choose to buy your quad, you would not have to break the law to ride it. knowing you were going to tresspass to ride it indicates you have no respect for another persons property.

If I was to ride through your back yard you would not like it one bit. Does it matter who owns the place you want to ride? It is thier property and they can do what they want to with it as long as it is within the law.

At one time in your life hopefully someone tried to teach you respect for the property of others.

If I stole your quad you would want the law to find and arrest me,and/or want to kick my ***. At the very least you would be convinced I was wrong for dissrespecting your property.

You cant have it both ways.

If you have children I hope you do a better job of teaching them respect than you did of learning it.

Dont expect to get any respect,as an atv rider,If you are not willing to respect others property rights.

And dont come off saying it is a victimless crime,because if you do you are admitting it is a crime.

I am not perfect in any way,I did my share of tresspassing when I was younger. It cost me more than money. As long as parents buy dirtbikes and atvs for kids that have no place to ride we will be having this disscussion. If you grow up riding where you want all your life that does not make it right.

Its no wonder that people that live in citys get hassled by cops just for pulling thier quad out of thier garage to load up and go someplace where they can ride. Thats what the cops see you as because that is all they see of atv riders in the populated areas where there is no legal place to ride.

I offer my place to all riders who are good people. If you want to be badass and dissrespectfull you can go ride somewhere you will get to pay the cost of your attitude. I have a few riders here that do as you speak of,but they are still young and dumb and have a long ways to go. The one thing they do have is a place to ride here in my sandbox, and that is a start.

Hey polarisbob,you can ride here anytime,but you gotta jump the creek!

What you put out there will come back to you,its just a matter of time and numbers.

Thanks for the invite joe, but if you remember I DID jump the creek!! LOL

doc-bones
05-14-2006, 08:33 AM
QuadRacer041,
WOW.....You are some Boyscout. You must make your parents so proud. Seems you have not changed much since the days your parents knew you were a little tattle tale.... LoL Probably only a few years ago...............:eek2:

maverrickid
05-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Every place we use to ride is gone eitherr a wal mart our a golf course. They tell the dep will not allow a legal place in West Milford because of the water shed this is B===s===. RT 23 runs rite next to 2 main reservoirs. In NJ money rules, so if you dont live her shut up, and if you do shut up it sucks

ATC350X 85
05-14-2006, 07:07 PM
NJ is a very tough state to ride in. We have 2 legit places to ride. Raceway park for motocross and chatsworth which is boring in an hour, 3 miles of trails and a few tracks. So where does that leave everyone else who isnt into those types of riding? Out in the sandpits or the locals trails.

For all the people that have a problem with this (polaris bob, and pit/wood) let me ask you this. If you had local trails or a pit by your house or in your backyard you would be riding there and dont lie about it to look like you're Mr Responsibility. I know I ride my local trails all the time. NJ is a tough state to ride in. The people from up north and NYC area come down here to Ocean County and further south to ride and usually screw things up for the locals if they are not familiar with the area or how we do things. It is a lack of respect from the out of towners usually that ruins spots for others or immature teens that are unsupervised. It is also the people that party out at these spots and get out of control that ruin them. Ive seen it time and time again.

Riding in a local sandpit on a Sunday is trespassing, but is it hurting anyone if you are just riding, staying away from equipment and sensitive areas, probably not. Its not riding in someones yard as some put it, its dirt it gets moved all the time and a few quads arent gonna destroy too much. Id rather be trespassing in a sandpit or any local trails miles from homes and being respectful about staying away from sensitive things than staring at my quad in the garage or pissing off the neighbors riding on the street.

I personally do not ride in any of the big local sandpits because to me they are too much of a risk. I dont know the in's and out's of the place so I stay away. I ride local trails that I have ridden for 10+ years, private property w/ persmission and go to PA to ride the many miles of trails that PA has to offer. I am sympathetic to the others in this state because I know what it is like to live here.

The state has promised that they would have 2 legal state owned riding facilities by the end of '05 and here we are half way thru 06 and no riding facilities. I bought my quad to ride it not to stare at it and Im sure many others did too.

hondagirl3175
05-14-2006, 08:40 PM
couldnt of said it any better atc350x 85

ATC350X 85
05-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey, I try I know whats going on here, I dont have my head my *****. My advice to you guys is to find a trusting local to get in with to ride with so you know where to go, whereever you decide to ride with, and dont post where you plan to ride, (legal/illegal) on the internet because these site are being viewed by law enforcement, enviro nuts and all other kinds of opposition. The PM function is your best friend.

polaris bob
05-15-2006, 01:16 AM
IMO You kids need to get over yourself if you think that by trespassing on another's land that does not have a house on it is OK as long as you don't get caught. Its not!

And what makes you think that you guys have it any rougher in NJ than any other state around you??

We have the same problems as you do here in our state, Michigan, where the only legal state sponsored trails are over three hours away up north. Down here in southern Michigan there are no legal ride spots unless you are riding private land, which I do, with permission. I also own some land that I like to hunt on a little ways from here and it, at one time, was one of the favorite ride spots for that area. I don't ride there but I OWN IT, I BOUGHT IT, PAY THE TAXES ON IT, AND PAY FOR THE INSURANCE ON IT! I have it posted as no trespassing on every side, yet the local "kids" still seem to not care for "they have always rode there and as they see it they are not hurting anyone"

Well you know what, they are!

TO PUT IT AS PLAIN AND SIMPLE AS I CAN, IT IS MY LAND THAT I PUT ASIDE FOR MY FAMILY FOR HUNTING AND I DON'T WANT ANYONE RIDING ON IT, AND SEEING HOW AS I DON'T EVEN RIDE THERE WHAT RIGHT DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE TO COME ON MY LAND, TEAR UP THE DEER TRAILS, FOOD PLOTS AND CORN FIELDS THAT I SPENT SO MUCH TIME EFFORT AND MONEY MAKING??

I have actually been out in the woods during the fall bow hunt and have had the local kids go flying by riding on my land and scare the deer away that I was hunting. When caught and asked as to why they were on the land even when they said that they knew that it was posted and was private land, their only excuse was that 'they have always ridden there and that they were not hurting anyone"!

Where I live there are quite a few local ride spots that are privately owned, a few of them are available to be ridden on if you have written permission from the land owner. You know what, our riding group has taken the time to search out the local land owners and get this WE actually asked for permission to ride there! What a unique concept! People actually asking for permission to ride someplace that does not belong to them! Most owners have told us no, but a few told us yes and those are the places that I still ride locally.

Does it suck to have a "toy" that you can't ride near your home, it sure does, does it suck that we have to trailer hours and hours north to even ride them on state trails, yes it does. But if people don't stop riding on private land that they don't have permission to ride on those trails are going to get smaller and smaller as the local land owners fence up more and more of their land!

Here in Michigan a large amount of our snowmobile trails cross private land and every year it becomes more and more of a hassle to get the local land owners to give their permission to have these trails go onto their land. it always seems that some idiot the last season went and blazed right by their house at three o'clock in the morning, rode right thru their back yard or something like that. These land owners are getting to the point where they are starting to say no, enough is enough, you can no longer ride on my land! I for one don't blame them anymore!

So the answer to the question of "who am I hurting" by trespassing on others land, 'I'm just having a little fun" and "we have always rode here, so we will not stop'!

The answer to that question is that you are hurting me and others like me that while we still like to ride our quads and sleds, we actually abide by the laws and ride where we are supposed to! You are hurting me when you trespass on another's land and they then decide to shut it down because they are sick and tired of people not respecting their rights or property.

And you are hurting yourself, by causing these great ride spots to be shut down to anyone and everyone! All just because you did not care enough about someone else's right to have some land to their own.

In the end, I hope you do get caught trespassing, I hope you do have your quad taken away or have to pay such a huge fine to get it back that you just might start to think about what you are doing before all of these ride spots are shut down for good and no one has any place to ride anymore.

But who am I? I'm just a land owner and I ride a polaris so I must be stupid! Right??

OK Mr. Doc-Bones go ahead and tell me how stupid I am! That I don't know what I am talking about because I don't live in your state.

Go ahead and tell me again how special you are and that the law does not apply to you because you ride with cops and can get away with whatever you want to.

Go ahead and tell us again that problems you are having there in NJ are any different than any other state in the country where land is being shut down because of trespassers.

Go ahead and tell us!

PB out

doc-bones
05-15-2006, 10:53 AM
As most of us that ride from here in N.J. to California. The consensus is the same for Cranky OLD Prudes like Polaris Bob. We do not care how much you cry, cause there are much worse things we could be doing. As you can tell from all previous posts. You definitely are crying on deaf ears!

By the way Polaris Bob, we also hope the quad riders in your area continue to annoy you on your PRIVATE PROPERTY and chase the poor deer that you are trying to KILL far away. I guess killing is better than riding??

CD400EX
05-15-2006, 03:22 PM
I coulnd't agree more with Justin.

exrider44
05-15-2006, 03:56 PM
You can be sure that whatever is going on in your state doesnt compare to NJ. I dont think there is any state in the US that is more against atv's. We arent just speaking about trespassing. The state keeps putting bills thru to enforce more and more laws against the use of atv's. I heard at one point they wanted to stop the sale of them here. I live in the damn mountains. We are talking woods everywhere, and yet no place to ride. The state was supposed to provide two parks last year. Its now May 06 and nothing has happened yet. Obviously if people could make a change something should have happened already. There are people here that own land that have had it taken away from them because they allowed people to ride. Or they are being watched like a hawk. Do you have people who own land and arent allowed to do what they want with it? I am sure nobody wants to break the law. It has just gotten way out of control here. Something needs to be done.

ATC350X 85
05-15-2006, 04:19 PM
For the record I only ride on Sundays during deer season unless its privately owned with permission. So Im not one of those morons that rides right under your tree stand.

We have people in this state that have proposed making there own property into legit places to ride and they get shot down time and time again (No names please) for one BS reason or another. We have tried plenty of times to get things done and it gets shot down.

Heres how I see it. Ride respectfully, stay in the woods, trails, pit whatever. If it is clearly posted stay out. Dont ride on the streets, along side the parkway etc. loud pipes=police. Where safety equipment. Dont sue the landowner if you get hurt. ATV's have inherent risks that you should be aware of if you get hurt its your fault. Dont rip around where everyone parks, no one likes getting covered in the dust storm that follows after you left.

Thanks to the folks who agree with me on the NJ issues.

doc-bones
05-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Justin,
You are welcome to ride with us anytime.
Docbones

beerock
05-15-2006, 04:52 PM
i see the law abiding peoples point on here its the law.

but there are other laws in NJ that are hypocritical of the ones that FINE us.

first and foremost an atv/dirtbike can be registered and insured in NJ. BUT YOU CANT RIDE IT ANYWHERE.

you dont need registration to ride on private property like englishtown njorsv park etc.

so just because the state is taking everyones money to register and insure them and then back door our asses and say oh yea forgot to mention you cant ride it anywhere.

but the registration and insurance is mroe for theft and registration of that "motorized" vehicle in NJ.

its HORSE BOKAKI

I have ridden/raced in NJ since i was about 12ish years old (i forget) and i always had all my gear on and the police were friendly even if you were riding on the road(shoulder very slowly)
there were no issues, there were 3 big FREE motocross practice tracks in manahawkin where 50-100+ people would come to on the weekends to practice everybody was happy. one day a little kid unsupervised crossed a main road without looking and got hit by a guy on a cr500 flying down the main road. anyone with enough sense would have know to look unforunately the pit was closed because of the accident and one thing after another because of no proper requirements(if it was a buisness) to stop the issues to an extent. the fact is atv and motorcycle riding is dangerous.

BUT i garauntee there are more streetbike fatalities every year then off road and there are probably more atv and motor cross bikes out there in our state then streetbikes. with about 40-60% not even counted because they dont register there offroad vehicles.

the state KNOWS it can make more money out of fining people then legalizing the trails. they dont wont the little PIT owners get rich.

now a days there are too many people out there in the US who THINK they are good riders when really they are just letting it get to there head, and that thinking trickles down and gets worse and worse and people dont understand proper etiquete when riding, and being careful on new terrain. these people think there still riding with a level head because there so good and then they get hurt. then JOE says to his good buddy ROY, damn there buck dont know how you got hurt your like the best rider in our group, shiit you dont even need no helmet" now granted thats over the top, but theres tons of people out there like that with false sense of being in the know of proper saftey and riding.

honestly trying to get people to understand how HUGE the trail system is in southern nj is hard to understand

the hypocrisy of atv's and motorcycles destroying land is a joke. BUT the land is OK to knock all the trees down and build houses HAHAHAHA.

the little guy wont win unless we have some kind of miracle or a governer that rides off road.

proper saftey and riding ettiquette on a atv or motorcycle goes along way and makes for a very fun family/friend activity with nothing but fun and all about enjoying the nature. as funny as that sounds. its also very good for you health wise. but yet we are looked upon as criminals.

HYPOCRISY!!!!!

pit/wood
05-15-2006, 05:24 PM
:blah:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207240

As I said,I welcome riders who have no place to ride. But no a-holes

CD400EX
05-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by ATC350X 85

Heres how I see it. Ride respectfully, stay in the woods, trails, pit whatever. If it is clearly posted stay out. Dont ride on the streets, along side the parkway etc. loud pipes=police. Where safety equipment. Dont sue the landowner if you get hurt. ATV's have inherent risks that you should be aware of if you get hurt its your fault. Dont rip around where everyone parks, no one likes getting covered in the dust storm that follows after you left.

Yep that's pretty much how I ride. Stay away from the houses, the pavement, the active mining zones, the equipment, and leave nothing behind.

bananas
05-16-2006, 05:31 AM
The town I live in is 65 square miles, with tons of land.. Great trail riding, BUT get caught $2500.00 and 30 days of community service. Thats BULL S@@@!!!! And It goes up second and third offence. The all the states are getting money from the feds for trails. Where is the money going? The NJ HAD to add 2 riding areas by 2005 for us. They DIDN"T. Too many tree huggers in this state...
The state bought some land down south and everyone that doesn't ride is fighting it. People that don't know us think we are the skateborads from the 80's, we are all bad. Most of us aren't bad boys and girls.

All we want to do is rip and shoot off steam.

DanTheMan
05-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Beerock you have a really good point there! People in this state are really sue happy. They buy a quad that says its dangerous on the damn fenders! Yet they still go riding and when they get hurt(knowing the dangerous) they sue. I'm sure thats a really big turn off for any land owner no matter if your a millionaire or just some normally hard working guy.

In this sport everybodies gotta watch out for eachother. When me and my bud or buddies are riding we always take those extra percations slowing down at coners where there might be kids. Everyone knows that a kid wont stop or have enough time to think when they have a massive bike coming at them! ATC 350 has a great point as well, you think if your riding balls out by a group of parked riders theyre gonna want you there? But people do it anyways because they dont care. Thats one of the biggest issues is you get a lot of those people that dont care!

I ride up here in north jersey and go down south jersey alot too since i have a lot of family and friends down there. I love NJ riding and out off all the pics i see only I cant really think of anything compairing to NJ. We have it all for petes sake! As an offroad community we have to try preserving our areas to ride. And for the land owners that accually let us ride on their land (no names will be said) we should at least try and show our token of appreciation and pay them back in some way shape or form. One other thing is that us, knowing that these machines are dangerous, to stop sueing everytime we get hurt! Dont ride drunk, theres always gonna be kids where you ride, try setting an example for nj's future instead of riding like an a hole with no helmet and being drunk! Thats whats screwing each and every rider out of spots!

Another thing for people who ride in illegal spots and get caught, fined and all... why do you think they call it illegal?

I'm out, safe riding everybody

DanTheMan

rpyfz450
05-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
It's against the law to ride where some of you ride and thats that.

I've been riding in NJ as long as you have and I do not think the issue of tresspassing is as clear as you make it out to be.

Firstly, there's plenty of land owners that don't mind people riding on parts of their land. It would be foolish for them to admit, in writing or verbally, it's ok to ride there for liability reasons. Under these circumstances, there's a delicate balance of tresspassing without being prosecuted.

Much of this land is destined to become paved parking lots, strip malls, and McMansions. Some of it has already been used and abused by the companies that own it. The rest is bought up by devlopers who don't care about the quality of life in NJ, since New Jersey is more a "business opportunity" to them than it is a place to live. I now see that claiming land is more than putting together a group of investors and buying it.

I'm not exactly a stranger to Raceway Park, Chatsworth, Atco, Mt Pleasant (formerly), but I do recognize some of our local lands have no better use than for off-roading. It's like if they closed the the Camel Back ski resort in the pocanos to build mountain-side condos. Sure, mountain side condos would be nice, but you've wasted the area's only skiing location. It's a sell-out.

ATC350X 85
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Also proper trail etiquitte is to yield to hikers, bikers(mtn bikes)and horses. 4x4's yield to everyone else. If you are yielding to horses shut the motor off, youd be surprised how thankful and nice the horseback riders are that ive come across over the years in the local neighborhood trails. Have a conversation with them, its surprising to me that theyre nice and I think to them cause they are probably used to a punk kid ripping by them. Id say 1 in 10 was an A-hole. Rustling a horseback riders feathers is not a good move, the police will listen to them more so than you even if both of you were trespassing, remember what state you're in.

sunco
05-17-2006, 04:43 AM
BEEROCK You posted -first and foremost an atv/dirtbike can be registered and insured in NJ. This is not true. NJ does not title anything off road. If you do not have a title , then you can not get a registration. I live in Warren County. Our stuff has a PA title & PA registration. We have insurance w/ Foremost for the kids & Ryder for the big kids. Ryders in NJ. Foremost is in PA. The reason I beleive this is fact is because I had to go thru the hassle of trying to save face if we were to ever get stopped by the law. Getting caught on your quad/bike can affect your DL.

bananas
05-17-2006, 05:12 AM
B*** S***. Every ATV I have had are registered and insured in NJ. All you need is a bill of sale that is notarized. They will give you a plate number with NO plate. I had plates made up so I can run in NY state. NY likes to see plates.

sunco
05-17-2006, 11:23 AM
IF WHAT YOU GOT WORKS FOR YOU - GREAT. I HAVE BEEN TO MOTOR VEHCILE & I STAND BY MY STATEMENT. ANYONE THAT DIFFERS FROM WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT THEN ALL YOU NEED IS A TRIP TO MOTOR VEHCILE & A BLANK CHECK & THEY'LL BE JUST LIKE YOU. ALL SET WITH THE PROPER ID. NICE RIDE

ATC350X 85
05-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by sunco
BEEROCK You posted -first and foremost an atv/dirtbike can be registered and insured in NJ. This is not true. NJ does not title anything off road. If you do not have a title , then you can not get a registration. I live in Warren County. Our stuff has a PA title & PA registration. We have insurance w/ Foremost for the kids & Ryder for the big kids. Ryders in NJ. Foremost is in PA. The reason I beleive this is fact is because I had to go thru the hassle of trying to save face if we were to ever get stopped by the law. Getting caught on your quad/bike can affect your DL.

Ok here it is. I also have all my ATV's REGISTERED IN NJ Click the link.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/cit_registration/v_reg_snowmobile.html

sunco
05-18-2006, 04:59 AM
Interesting to say the least. Good job. @ MV that is not what I was told, I did click on the link. I saw this - ATVs and off-road (unregistered) motorcycles are prohibited in all New Jersey State Parks and Forests. There are no exceptions. I am thinking that that part is dated because you can't ride anything in parks or forest (correct?) Anyway , I think the bad part is getting different answers for the same question. We are all on the same team. All we want to do is ride. Those who have reg & ins. are all looking to do the right thing. We just took different roads based on what we are told by people that represent the state. The more that register - the more it shows the state that we are a force to be considered. Make those 2 parks NJ that you said you would.

Dale@AGP
05-18-2006, 05:27 AM
If you want change in New Jersey you really need to step-up and JOIN the New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org

Ranting and raving isn't going to accomplish anything unless you have the balls to make a difference.

Dale

exrider44
05-18-2006, 07:13 AM
We shouldnt have to rant and rave. This state should be providing the parks it is supposed to. Especially for those who register and insure their bikes. The money is being used somewhere else.

sunco
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Dale I went to the site & it went back to your e-mail. What the membership info?

By the way I looked down & I do have balls. I'm in

Interested in becoming a NJOHVA member Click Here!

Old Head
05-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I checked into registering and insuring my quad. It's really not that expensive. But I also talked to a state forrest guy and they told me that even if I did register and insure the quad that I still couldn't ride in the state forrest. It really bites cause its right across the street from me.:mad:

beerock
05-18-2006, 07:20 PM
sunco no apology? hehe

actually, there is a huge number of atv's registered already the state also knows the revenue the motorcycle shops make as well so there really cashing in on the industry but screw the end user

sunco
05-19-2006, 04:58 AM
I'm sorry for not getting good info out of DMV. NOW LETS RIDE !

bananas
05-19-2006, 05:04 AM
One thing to remember, when you go to get your atv registered in NJ.. It goes from September to September, so if you go today you will pay for this year and you will get in ther mail in August to do it all over again... I know it's cheap, but just giving you a heads up...

beerock
05-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by bananas
One thing to remember, when you go to get your atv registered in NJ.. It goes from September to September, so if you go today you will pay for this year and you will get in ther mail in August to do it all over again... I know it's cheap, but just giving you a heads up...

yea but whats the point? thats the whole thing, the only reason to register an atv in nj is so you can insure it so if it is stolen you are covered(if you get liability/theft coverage)

sunco
05-19-2006, 02:38 PM
for us it may help our DL if ever stopped by the cops. It also lets us ride in NY & PA. Most of all it help keeps my money clip from getting bent.

beerock
05-19-2006, 02:48 PM
true, my bike is registered in utah hehe form when i was at coral pink

ahhh the west coast guys have it SOOOO GOOOD

DanTheMan
05-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Damn beerock sure must be nice to travel to all those sweet spots... i pray by the time i get to start driving ( im 16 so a couple months) that the spots i go to now are not shut down :ermm: Ill have to start making trips out west...

5thgearpinned
05-31-2006, 02:27 PM
This will always be aproblem... We just rode out in south jersey this memorial day. We went to Georges property near forked river and he wasnt letting people in after a fight broke out with a pistol. We evetualy found a awesome place right off the GSP south. Dont remember the name of the town, but we parked in the woods and saw ONE cop on our way back from a sand mine. He saw us along the powerlines off the parkway and pulled over. I dont know what he though he was gona do but we just drove off into the woods. It sucks cause state land is so much fun, and they dont use it for anything, just to sit in the woods in a Dodge Durango and hand you a ticket with a mandatory court date on it. I only ride the mines on sundays when they are empty, but getting caught is always the first thing on my mind, especialy when we are driving down the street leading to the woods.

CD400EX
05-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 5thgearpinned
We went to Georges property near forked river and he wasnt letting people in after a fight broke out with a pistol.

It goes way deeper than that 1 single incident. You have a better chance of of being allowed to ride across Area 51 than Cleun's land.

beerock
05-31-2006, 05:21 PM
It goes way deeper than that 1 single incident. You have a better chance of of being allowed to ride across Area 51 than Cleun's land.

care to explain?