PDA

View Full Version : Battery Problems...maybe. Please read.

nwi45
05-08-2006, 10:31 AM
I raced yesterday, and now I'm in a bind trying to get my quad back and running for Red Bud Nationals in 4 days. Heres the deal. My battery was dead. Charged it with a small battery charger before practice and it was fine, until I stalled it and it was dead again. We charged it again, and it was fine for my first moto. For my second moto, the battery did nothing on the charger. It didn't even making the ticking noise when you'd go to turn it over. It started when we bump started it, but I don't want to have to do that all weekend at Red Bud, and I'd be SOL if I stalled it ever. Any input would be awesome. Thanks guys.

raptor brothers
05-08-2006, 01:26 PM
My brother has a 04 YFZ 450 & his battery went dead to.I don't know if you heard but the 04's needs to have the lights on when running to charge the battery.My buddy has a 04 to and his battery just got old & had a hard time starting it up about a week ago(new battery now & no problem).

ZSK
05-08-2006, 05:00 PM
I replaced my battery with a ...9BS. It's used stock in 300 and 400ex's. Ups the CCA from 85 to 120 and helps in starting. I always run my headlights on and haven't any problems.

jshtex
05-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Battery Upgrade (ytz10s 190cca) complete with pics on the install.

http://www.off-road.com/atv/tech/yfz450_fixes/battery.html

Info on the resistor kit and the yfz charging system. Must register on the site.

http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=61514

jeff graves
05-12-2006, 12:15 PM
here is the part # for reststor kit 2 5tg-regst-kt-00 and you dont need to run with lights on after you install this kit its 40$ fro dealer and the 04 -and some 05 have had some serious battery problems I have been through 3 batteries and I need another one cause it fell ot at the track and got damaged,you can bottom the quad out and dammage the battery box and I had after market plastic on it and the box fell out,bad design but the resistor kit might fix your problem good luck