PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest Race Mod for a 300ex/250x!

Regulator 250X
08-05-2002, 07:19 PM
And yes its by far the cheapest!! Has anyone ever noticed how short in length the 250x/300ex is compared to oh say a 400ex? Yeah of course we all have... of course most people dont race a 300ex/250x anyway... For those of you that do race, like me, need a lengthed swingarm. This all can be done with the stock swingarm. This mod has been done and I am planning on doing it after this season. All you need to do is take off the swingarm, mark where it needs to be cut, or just take it to a professional fab shop. From there tell them you want to make your swingarm longer, reinforce it on the inside and out. +1 to 1.5 is a good length +2 might be pushing it but is still possible. this saves so much money when comparing it to buying an aftermarket swingarm, and it also lowers your ride height so you can charge into corners harder... I rode one of my buddies that has this mod and i couldnt bottom out the suspension, im 220 pounds, and hes 180...... pretty sweet deal, what do you guys think?? trick eh?:D