View Full Version : Racing an Gas prices

Johnny & Monica
05-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Hows the gas prices affecting your racing this year ? I noticed turn-outs are alittle fewer . We plan on sitting out this year only attending afew closer races maybe 3-5 instead of 18-20 we went to the last few years . An not chase points :( Is anyone besides us in the same boat ?

KILLSWITCHngage
05-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Gas prices not gona stop me from racin. :devil: Im gona race all of AHSCS if i can. New parts not getting in on time might stop me.

400grl
05-09-2006, 08:08 AM
We are in the same boat....we had to ditch the gas truck and buy a diesel dually to pull our trailer - cut our gas expense in half but our truck payment is higher - catch 22!!! We can't go to near as many races this year......it makes me so angry I can't even think about it.....:mad: :grr: :mad:

Johnny & Monica
05-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes it does suck more than some want to addmit , We got 3 kids an me an Monica so carpooling aint a opion really :(

Davids440ex
05-11-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah it is taking me out of the itp series, only doing a couple of more this year, but its a good time to have surgry

300exHILLER
05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I stopped going to all of the GNCCs cause of diesel prices. For next year I plan on going to all GNCCs because I'm switching over to Waste Vegetable Oil in my diesel. WVO is free from your local restaurant. It cost ~ $2K to convert your diesel to WVO but by my calculations it would cost me $7K in diesel just to go to all the GNCCs so I save myself $5K in the long run.

http://greasecar.com/

400grl
05-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Davids440ex
yeah it is taking me out of the itp series, only doing a couple of more this year, but its a good time to have surgry

I hear you David.....it's about ready to do it to us, too - every race we are barely coming up with the money for gas - with our new truck, at least it's alot cheaper to make it to Cali......but we don't race any local races now, to save up. It really sucks.......but you are right - good time for a surgery! :) You racing next year though?

Davids440ex
05-12-2006, 04:28 PM
yeah next year i should be able to, and on a new bike as well, i rode nina's 06 at natioanls and did better then i do i my 04 so i thinhk its time for an upgrade, i want to try to make it to the itp races this year at the new tracks like gorman and taft,

trx400exxracer
05-12-2006, 08:19 PM
not really we are actually going to more races this year than we did last year cause we are really getting into racing and all and my parents want me and my brother to have fun racing and stuff they like it because racing is different than all other sports like meeting people N such

the only other sport I play is tennis and when I am not playing in HS games and tournaments we are practicing or getting ready for a race