PDA

View Full Version : Next ATVRIDERS.com group ride???

underpowered
05-08-2006, 07:40 AM
why are all the group rides in teh east/north east? what about teh rest of us in other parts of teh country? i know that there is usually a ride in teh dunes out west, but for us in the mid-west/south/ south east we are left out.

WE need to get a ride in that general area. I am from KY, know many people are from the indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, illinois area that want to ride.

Anyone have suggestions of a good riding area to hold a get together? id drive about 3 hours to go riding for a weekend so that includes most of KY, Indiana, or Ohio.

brendn35
05-08-2006, 11:47 AM
TURKEY BAY ive heard a lot of good things about it

miller821
05-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Ya dude I 2ne that^^ Turkey Bay is a pretty good place to ride at, but also St. Joe's is to.. But thats just places I know of, someone post up other places and lets all get together and tear some place up.

underpowered
05-08-2006, 03:01 PM
local places i know of are:
Big rock www.bigrockatvpark.com
haspin acres www.haspinacres.com
turkey bay
the badlands
Bucks Run
Harlen county KY (AKA Black Mountain)
Windrock
Hatfield McCoy

the only problem with most of these places is they are either all trails or only a track or two. haspin and bucks run are the only places i know have both and neither place keeps the track in good condition. I would drive to any of teh above for a weekend ride, all are within about 5 hours of me and i am in the cincinati/northern KY area.

miller821
05-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
local places i know of are:
Big rock www.bigrockatvpark.com
haspin acres www.haspinacres.com
turkey bay
the badlands
Bucks Run
Harlen county KY (AKA Black Mountain)
Windrock
Hatfield McCoy

the only problem with most of these places is they are either all trails or only a track or two. haspin and bucks run are the only places i know have both and neither place keeps the track in good condition. I would drive to any of teh above for a weekend ride, all are within about 5 hours of me and i am in the cincinati/northern KY area.
I'm up for Turkey Bay.. I haven't heard of anyother places except for Badlands, but if those other places are close to Illinois, it doesn't really matter to me.. Whichever one you thinks best.

PismoLocal
05-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Atv riders should have a pismo or glamis group ride i would go forsure.

underpowered
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
I'm up for Turkey Bay.. I haven't heard of anyother places except for Badlands, but if those other places are close to Illinois, it doesn't really matter to me.. Whichever one you thinks best.

never been to Turkey bay. it is a good haul from here. im up for it! most of the places i listed are in KY, all over the state. a few are in Indiana.

fast_enough
05-08-2006, 07:56 PM
I know a bunch of people on here that would be up for it, myself included. What it is I think, is that no main people on the site, Mods etc. live around us

Pappy
05-08-2006, 08:00 PM
You dont need us (Mods or Administration) to have a group ride! We cant be everywhere, so someone will have to step up and organize it all.

TheFontMaster
05-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I think it has a big thing to do with the mods are more on the east/north east. I know there used to be yearly rides at the hatfiels mcoy trails.

miller821
05-08-2006, 09:00 PM
What about Johnny and Monica... From St. Joe isn't he?

Pappy
05-08-2006, 09:00 PM
We will be having a Hatfield ride or two this summer. Just waiting for a break in the action and maybe a little break in gas prices to start lining it up

miller821
05-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
We will be having a Hatfield ride or two this summer. Just waiting for a break in the action and maybe a little break in gas prices to start lining it up
Where is this place at?

Johnny & Monica
05-08-2006, 09:07 PM
I`ve always wanted to ride at Turkeybay or any of the bigger ky. riding areas Would be sweet :D

We`re in St.Joseph Mo. north of kansascity Not St.Joe park where the riding area is south of St.louis , But still Ky. would be good

400ex28
05-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I go to Turkey Bay alot and its a decent place to ride, lots of area to ride thats for sure

miller821
05-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
I`ve always wanted to ride at Turkeybay or any of the bigger ky. riding areas Would be sweet :D

We`re in St.Joseph Mo. north of kansascity Not St.Joe park where the riding area is south of St.louis , But still Ky. would be good
LOL I was thinking St. Joe park was where you lived.. But still if we all made the trip to Turkey Bay one weekend, it would be worth it, and would be a fun ride.

underpowered
05-09-2006, 07:05 AM
sounsd like the consensus is turkey bay. we now need someone to step up and set allof this up. i would, but i have to set up a bike show and a shop ride for the shop i work at. i am already busy doing that. Anyone wanna step up? we need a date set, time, info, ect.... I am open most weekends in june, july, and august. May is pretty well booked up right now.

underpowered
05-09-2006, 01:00 PM
anyone want to step up? like i said i would but am busy organizing other local stuff.

300exr
05-09-2006, 01:12 PM
everyone go to pappy's place to ride:blah: , j/k, gosh darnit i missed the breezewood ride:rolleyes:

Johnny & Monica
05-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
anyone want to step up? like i said i would but am busy organizing other local stuff.

I would consider something around July ,Can anyone post some place`s in the midwest ? TN. Mo. Il. Ky. Ark. ?????? Something midwest with contact info or websites :D

underpowered
05-09-2006, 02:11 PM
bigrock in mayesville KY www.bigrockatvpark.com
haspin Acres in laurel Indiana www.haspinacres.com
Hatfield McCoy in west virginia www.trailsheaven.com
Turkey Bay in Land between the lakes, KY Here (http://www.explorekentuckylake.com/explorations/turkeybay/turkeybay.htm)
Bucks Run in Bedford KY www.bucksrunmxpark.com
Windrock off road park (AKA Coal Creek), Jellico TN www.windrockatv.com
Harlan County KY trails www.harlancountytrails.com
The badlands, attica Indiana www.badlandsoffroad.com

these are all the ones i know of, if anyone want to add, feel free

miller821
05-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Theres Trail of Tears, St. Joe's, and LEOR but those are common places that we hit up...

Turkey Bay sounds good with me, but anywhere is good...

As for times i'm currently in the process of rebuilding mine right now, but hopefully by the middle of June it will be ready... So middle of June through August is good with me.. Other people post up what times are good for them and we'll go from there. Also where they would like to go to..

underpowered
05-09-2006, 07:00 PM
any place i listed is fine.

i am good from june through the end of august, minus a few select weekends, mainly july 8-11.

i live near cincinnati and would be willing to travel about 5 hours from there fora weekend ride, i would go about 2-3 for just a day.

miller821
05-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Ya pretty much any place is fine with me, but whats everyone looking for... Turkey Bay has a ton of trails with good hills, and a campsite, but no track.. So if we want a mx track or something we would have to go somewhere else, but I would like somewhere were we can camp for cheap.

MX174
05-11-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm up for it. Turkey Bay would probably be my choice although I've never rode there but i've heard many good things about it from friends and it is remotely close.

Johnny & Monica
05-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Harlen county is a 11 hours for us , Turkey bay is that on the south western side of state , What town would I look for on map quest Dont they have cabin rentals at one of there trail heads ? Whats it like acres an ect. What would out of staters need to ride An how many people would be interested in a mid July date ? What else is on the western side of ky.Tn. ? We`re in NW MO. North of Kansascity ?

05-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Harlen county is a 11 hours for us , Turkey bay is that on the south western side of state , What town would I look for on map quest Dont they have cabin rentals at one of there trail heads ? Whats it like acres an ect. What would out of staters need to ride An how many people would be interested in a mid July date ? What else is on the western side of ky.Tn. ? We`re in NW MO. North of Kansascity ? way too many questions lol. Turkey bay is closest to Cadiz city in kentucky. im up for a ride there this summer

miller821
05-12-2006, 06:31 AM
Harlen county is a 11 hours for us , Turkey bay is that on the south western side of state , What town would I look for on map quest Dont they have cabin rentals at one of there trail heads ? Whats it like acres an ect. What would out of staters need to ride An how many people would be interested in a mid July date ? What else is on the western side of ky.Tn. ? We`re in NW MO. North of Kansascity ?
Ya man July works for me... They have over 1000acres I know, I'm not sure on the exact, but you can ride all day without hitting the same trail twice... I dunno how much cabins cost, but you can camp out there by the trails for pretty cheap price...

underpowered
05-12-2006, 08:02 AM

Some answers to your questions
What town? No idea, never beent there
Cabin rentals? Never been there, bu i am sure there are some accomidtion localy
Acreage? about 2500, according to their sire
Out of state riders? here in KY, we dont have many regulations. allyou need is money to pay at teh gate. No registration, no tags, no sticker, nothing but whatever each park gives you.
what else? there aint much in that part of KY, unless you bring a boat to go fishin/skiing. as far as riding, no more place i know of, but i am about 6 hours away from there myself.

Mxjunkie
05-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey what about Bill Balances track down south?

underpowered
05-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Hey what about Bill Balances track down south?

it is in bowling green KY. about 2 hours north/northeast of LBL.