PDA

View Full Version : Who survived Foot of the Mountain

jlhughes750
05-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Man I have not raced there since 2004.........I thought it would have smoothed out a little!!!

Rocky hill climbs, that about sums it up!!

I got 6th in Vet. class.................. my summary: I thought i was gonna get the holeshot, was first to the 1rst turn then got rear ended, then got hit on the left, then rear ended again, then the bike stalled, then the back lifted up from another rear ending!!!! Did I mention this was the first run on my new 06R!!!:mad: After the dust cleared there was a yellow 400EX stuck to the frt of my quad, the guy kept trying to roll it onto the frt. of my bike??? :ermm: I politley rolled it over onto its lid to get it off the frt. of mine.....Then his buddy from the side of the track comes over and starts flipping the quad onto the frt. of mine!! I pushed it off agan and proceeded to try to back up and restart my machine!!! THEN the dumb***** that was racing the EX thought it would be smart to punch me in the head... last I checked Shoei makes a pretty hard helmet!! I really really wanted to stop racing for a minute and deal with this turkey and his tag team partner...... BUT I am professional enough that I left the altercation and continued racing... There is absolutley no room for fighting at the races.......the whole ride home my 4 yr old and 3 yr old were asking , Daddy, why was that man hitting you??? My response was, don't worry about it kids that wasn't a man, that was just some kid that needs to grow up!! The guy in me keeps asking me, why I didn't stomp a mudhole in his *****.....But the parent in me keeps reminding me, I did the right thing.... I go out to these PA State races with the intention of finishing in the $$$$. Thats what gets me gas, and food to go to these next races.. The satisfaction I felt after coming from 20th up to 6th and taking home $45 is better than what I would have gotten from beating that clowns *****...! :devil: ....... Its very, very rare that someone raises a five at me and dont get exzact change back, that does bother me, but I was not about to be "THAT GUY" that leaves his proffesionalism at home and acts like a caveman!! I basically sat there and waited for him to get going, then asked him if he'd like to try and hang with me??? Then i lapped him 2 laps later!!!! :devil: :cool:

cdaleman440
05-08-2006, 09:29 AM
i ran the quad c class and on the second turn my right front holeshot went flat so i was like f- it then on the third lap my new left front holeshot went flat also, now that tire has about 45 mins on it. so i was fighting the front end just trying to keep it going straight then i hit a big rock and lost it, and man i went over then i said screw it and sat there as my arms were on fire from running 2 flat front tires
all i have to say out of this is " WHERE WILL YOU BE AFTER THE FIRST TURN" -itp haha im running razr2 from now on !!!!!!!

Sjorge450R
05-08-2006, 12:39 PM
i guess you could say that I survived. I won the 91-200 91-300 class. My first win ever. :D

Splatter Matter
05-08-2006, 02:22 PM
wow my foot of the mountain was great to. start last work back to 5th then i stop for the kid that was hurt. it did not sound to good.so i went for help. after all that i still ended 8th. hay jlhughes750 i think is you.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/pcb35526dee779b668da435266842dca2/ef16dc68.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/p5b69f65c6cb1ce5e79e49db101ecb673/ef16db38.jpg

450RGNCC
05-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I didnt survive. I was in the open C class. I started out pretty good and I was up to 4th but just after entering the woods on my last lap my left front tire blew and then about 2/3 of the way on the lap, my inner tire rod on the same side as the blown tire decided to detach itself from the steering stem. So after limping it for a little longer, almost going over the bars several times, and realizing that if I kept going I was just gonna break something else, I decided to stop. So I waited forever for the guy to "sweep" the track and realizing that he was not coming, I walked back and got my uncle and we figured out a way to of re-attach the tie rod so that I could atleast ride the quad back. I dont think that I ended up dead last, but at that point I didnt really care about where I did finsih. Oh, by the way i was having fun and I liked the track up until that point.

jlhughes, I saw that guy being a jackass and hit your helmet. If he would have not been a complete moron and actually set his quad down on the ground instead of on top of your quad, that situation easily could have been avoided.

jlhughes750
05-08-2006, 04:11 PM
those pics are not showing up for me??

Splatter Matter
05-08-2006, 06:21 PM
i hope they work now.

ralph13
05-08-2006, 09:07 PM
all i could sa about that race track is , RENT a water truck or somthing for next time cause that start just sucked..
also i didn't understand the left hand on top of the helmet and dead engine start i mean one or the other. well thats my 2 cents other then that i had a good time see ya at the A.G.P in dunmore next weekend

Derno24
05-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Jay nice work on getting so far up from the back. That was too funny. I was looking at the pics and couldn't help but laugh.

Derno24
05-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Dusty.more pics (http://www.thequadbuilder.com/forums/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=user&user=3&op=view_album&album=28) here.

jlhughes750
05-09-2006, 01:57 PM
nice pics, thanks. I actually found one that i was able to print and take to the next race for ID purposes!!!:)

I just left the shot here, and I'm pretty sure that dirtball just hawked a lougi in my direction!!!

jlhughes750
05-09-2006, 01:58 PM
and here Neil and Bob together posing for the pictre

jlhughes750
05-09-2006, 02:01 PM
my point in all this is........I was not the one who hit him or caused the wreck i was already wrecked when he came crashing into everyone!!!!

sorry for robbing those pics Derno!!!

QuadRacer041
05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
damb ja, you have way more self control them me. i would have pounded his *****. right derno, lol

jlhughes750
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
damb ja, you have way more self control them me. i would have pounded his *****. right derno, lol

well if the camera was a wider angle you'd see my 3 year old daughter and 4 year old son watching from about 20 feet away.......as much as I want to teach my son the proper way to whoop as.s I don't think that was the time......could you imagine the youth races in a few years.........."but thats what daddy used to when he got a bad start"!!!!!!

leitzel97
05-09-2006, 05:34 PM
yeah whats up guys...I was the one in that wrecked...I was racing Open B class....i was behind Albright for the whole race then i stalled and someone passed me on a YFZ...I passed him going up a hill climb befre the rought straight stretch...had her pinned pretty good...i hit like a deep drain ditch a couple yards from the end of the straight stretch before you turn to go up the mountain...hit that ditch and sent my rear end up and I endo schmendoed it.... yeah so i flipped end over end a couple times....i wanna figure out who the guy was that stopped and helped me out...i really appreciate it...but yeah anyone who reads this...thanks alot for all your help but for the most part im making out ok...i have a slight concussion my livers a little banged up and i have some tissue damage around that and i got a nice gash in my right side and a little bit of a black eye...but all and all im good and ill be able to race the next one....whoo hoo... so if anyone knows the guy that helped me out lemme know...

thanks...

jlhughes750
05-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by leitzel97
yeah whats up guys...I was the one in that wrecked...I was racing Open B class....i was behind Albright for the whole race then i stalled and someone passed me on a YFZ...I passed him going up a hill climb befre the rought straight stretch...had her pinned pretty good...i hit like a deep drain ditch a couple yards from the end of the straight stretch before you turn to go up the mountain...hit that ditch and sent my rear end up and I endo schmendoed it.... yeah so i flipped end over end a couple times....i wanna figure out who the guy was that stopped and helped me out...i really appreciate it...but yeah anyone who reads this...thanks alot for all your help but for the most part im making out ok...i have a slight concussion my livers a little banged up and i have some tissue damage around that and i got a nice gash in my right side and a little bit of a black eye...but all and all im good and ill be able to race the next one....whoo hoo... so if anyone knows the guy that helped me out lemme know...

thanks...

glad to hear your OK..........i believe it was splatter matter a member here on the site that stopped and helped, he was running behind you in B class........again, glad to hear your OK, how was the veiw from the helicopter??

Splatter Matter
05-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better. i stop to see how you were for a little wile. then another racer stayed with you and i left to get help. you might of got by me if you passed on the right side going up the hill were it branched into three lanes.because thats were i lost Albright to.i got behind a stuck rider going up the hill.

ex kid
05-09-2006, 07:36 PM
did Barrick win Open B?

Derno24
05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
well if the camera was a wider angle you'd see my 3 year old daughter and 4 year old son watching from about 20 feet away.......as much as I want to teach my son the proper way to whoop as.s I don't think that was the time......could you imagine the youth races in a few years.........."but thats what daddy used to when he got a bad start"!!!!!!

Jay I was just letting my wife read this post and she asked when did the races turn into hockey games? :D

No probs on the pics.

quad_45
05-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Wow Jay, thats crazy. This just makes you soo much more of a better man! I know it probibly took alot to hold back, but that is definetly the right thing to do. :muscle:

leitzel97
05-10-2006, 08:40 AM
the helicopter veiw....yeah right man...they had me in a neck brace from the time i wrecked till 10:30 monday morning in the hospital....the only place i was lookin was up...and the helicopter ride...sucked...haha...see you guys at the next race

Mxjunkie
05-10-2006, 10:43 AM
You shoulda jumped off and did some arse kicking! :cool:

I think the way his fenders are cut truely shows how smart those guys are :p

QuadRacer041
05-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750

tru dat, tru dat
i dont know if i have that much self control though, lol

xraven35
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I had a rough foot of mountain too. Lost front brake pressure. So i was basically engine braking the whole race and then Some kid nailed the brakes in front of me and i railed him in the back. And then I got really bad arm pump for some reason but i ever had it before.... and then on the last lap my negative battery wire ripped right out of the clamp on the terminal. So my quad died on me and then i had to compression start it to get it going again and by that time i just called it a damn day.

wanta450
05-11-2006, 04:29 PM
the guy that stayed with you the whole time was nick eichlberger

and ex kid barrick got second but guess who did race:D :D :devil:

wanta450
05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
anyone have any pictures from the second atv race

Derno24
05-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by wanta450
anyone have any pictures from the second atv race

Unfortunately I wasn't staying too far of a drive.

Mxjunkie
05-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey does anyone know who won senior class? My buddy Randy races and I havent been able to get ahold of him :p