PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Question

yernkie
05-08-2006, 07:22 AM
So last night I remove my plastics and fuel tank (thanks to ride hard man & NacsMXer for the help...took like 10 minutes to take apart and 15 to put back together). When I put them back on I went to start it (in first gear with clutch pulled) and it jerked forward a little bit. It started and the clutch feels ok, but it does this now everytime I go to start it. It has not done this before, but I have only had it a few days and I may have been starting it in neutral the other times. Is there anything that I could have gotten out of adjustment (read: bumped) while I was removing all the plastics? Does this sound like the clutch is going out?

babiak400ex
05-13-2006, 07:07 PM
It is very unlikely you affected the clutch by removing the plastic and fuel tank. If it is grabbing when you firt start it your clutch is not fully disengaged. Your cable just needs to be adjusted a little tighter you can do this at your clutch perch turning out the adjustment bolt.

94F450SD
05-13-2006, 07:34 PM
mine does the same thing on the first start of the day or after sitting for a few hours.

babiak400ex
05-13-2006, 08:28 PM
when it just does it 1st thing after sitting I probly wouldnt be to concerned about it unless it keeps wanting to pull after 1st start up your clutch plates are lubed with case oil after it sits for a bit they may not have the oil on them as it would after being started but there again it can be easyily adjusted out like I stated in previous post. and It will fade after the clutchs fade over time anyway. so it nothing to be concerned about. More of a slight annoyance at most.

94F450SD
05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
mine does it even when i have all the free play adjusted out of my clutch.it dont bother me.as long as my clutch works correctly i could care less about that little grab at start up

yernkie
05-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks. It goes away after it has been ridden for a while, so I won't worry about.