PDA

View Full Version : Burning up Batteries after Over charging

OutlawEX
05-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Ok I have a 2006 YFZ450. One day my battery was low so i stuck it on the charger. Well i forgot about it all night. Went out to start the quad and bam nothing. I left the battery hooked up in the quad along with the charger connected. So since then i put a new battery in. Well now for some reason my machine keeps eating up batteries. Causing dead cells. I have to put in a new battery about other ride. My charging system seems to be fine as im getting around 13.5 volts to the battery when started. So far i replaced the rectifier,regulator, and i am about to do the stator tomorrow. I have gone through the my wiring harness and made sure no shorts or nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

sakirocket28
05-10-2006, 06:17 AM
I had the same prob with my quad, you need a new voltage regulator/rectifier. From what i understand the regulator regulates the voltage before it runs to the battery, so if the regulator is bad, then the battery is getting super high voltage from the engine, and in turn killig the battery. I went thru 3 batteries before i realized that i needed a regulator.