PDA

View Full Version : Black Bumper Fad

coryatver
05-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Whats up with all the black bumpers. I know they look nice new. But what about with some riding time, how do they look after a while. What do you think about it. Black bumper or Aluminum Look

fandl450r
05-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Black just looks cool, can't go wrong with a black bumper, mines held up just fine so far.

DJJ450r
05-08-2006, 05:15 AM
Mines all chipped along with my nerfs:blah:

QuadJunkies
05-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
Whats up with all the black bumpers. I know they look nice new. But what about with some riding time, how do they look after a while. What do you think about it. Black bumper or Aluminum Look
I know we had mine PC'd by Pappy with the same Stealth Black as my Case Covers and so far, my Covers are darn near flawless!

If it holds as well as the Case covers, then I would say it will be well worth it!!

Our UM nerfs came black but the PC is junk from factory IMO....

Next go around Ill have Pappy shoot me some Pro Armors :D

CFRacer03
05-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
Mines all chipped along with my nerfs:blah:

that's because that's probably paint, or a REALLY crappy PC job...I've had black nerfs and bumper before and didn't have much of a problem with chipping, as long as its PC. I guess it just depends on the color scheme you're looking for, a lot of people are doing the black wheels, black bumper, etc thing now days...

rollie
05-10-2006, 06:07 PM
I think it looks awsome, way better than aluinum, i painted mine, it chips but i just touch it back up:cool:

DJJ450r
05-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by CFRacer03
that's because that's probably paint, or a REALLY crappy PC job...I've had black nerfs and bumper before and didn't have much of a problem with chipping, as long as its PC. I guess it just depends on the color scheme you're looking for, a lot of people are doing the black wheels, black bumper, etc thing now days...

Or it's because I race XC and rocks hit it and chip it:o I bought it directly from AC already PCed:blah:

CFRacer03
05-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
Or it's because I race XC and rocks hit it and chip it:o I bought it directly from AC already PCed:blah:

yea, I have the exact same ones on my 450r, black from AC and it sucks, its the easiest chipping "PC" I've ever seen. So i'm not saying you're stuff is crappy cause I have the same set...I'm just sayin that so called "PC" really doesn't seem like "PC" to me, but just paint. even though I have to say I LOVE those removable pegs

user101
05-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Mine seems to be doin fine. no chips on my bumper or nerfs. just surfac scartches.(knock on wood)

Plante400
05-13-2006, 10:33 AM
thats why u powdercoat em!

05-15-2006, 01:24 AM
i want to paint/pc mine black

400exyzkiller
05-15-2006, 10:55 AM
after about a month of abuse mine look like crap but i guess that is normal form pine trees and rocks:D

Pappy
05-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I love the look myself, but have warned folks from day 1 that these items (bumpers and nerfs) are meant to do a job and coating them is or will sooner or later come back to bite you. Knock on wood, the only issues I have had with the parts I have coated was MY fault 110%, but that was 1 batch of work, I figure I have done well over 300 bumpers and easily 100 sets fo nerfs with no complaints.

PC is not indestructable, but if AC's work is anything like thier parts they are in for alot of complaints:ermm:

05-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I love the look myself, but have warned folks from day 1 that these items (bumpers and nerfs) are meant to do a job and coating them is or will sooner or later come back to bite you. Knock on wood, the only issues I have had with the parts I have coated was MY fault 110%, but that was 1 batch of work, I figure I have done well over 300 bumpers and easily 100 sets fo nerfs with no complaints.

PC is not indestructable, but if AC's work is anything like thier parts they are in for alot of complaints:ermm:

how much is it for you to PC my AC bumper black?

CFRacer03
05-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

true that, I've never had an AC part (out of like 50) that I didn't have to drill, cut, bend, or something...

Pappy
05-15-2006, 01:45 PM
bumpers are $20~$25 + s/h

Ralph
05-15-2006, 03:00 PM
well it looks mad good